windows keeps polling floppy on startup

Hello,

I rarely use my floppy, but did a while back, now every time XP boots up, I
hear the floppy grinding and gnashing as XP supposedly looks for a disk in
the drive ...??

any way to stop the grindig and gnashing?

thanks!!

Dan

Check your Recent Documents for a link to anything that was on a floppy.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Dan Blather" <gimme@shelter.com> wrote in message news:cwFCe.136950$tt5.16450@edtnps90...
> Hello,
>
> I rarely use my floppy, but did a while back, now every time XP boots up, I
> hear the floppy grinding and gnashing as XP supposedly looks for a disk in
> the drive ...??
>
> any way to stop the grindig and gnashing?
>
> thanks!!
>
> Dan

My Virus checker or XP checks the floppy so after grinding one to death I
leave a bootable floppy in the drive with the BIOS startup on the hard drive
and the grinding noise disappeared at the same time my 3rd wife left with
her noise.
=======================================
Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
Lsu @ msn.com
http://searchingforfamily.org
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
=======================================

"Dan Blather" <gimme@shelter.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I rarely use my floppy, but did a while back, now every time XP boots up,
> I hear the floppy grinding and gnashing as XP supposedly looks for a disk
> in the drive ...??
>
> any way to stop the grindig and gnashing?
>
> thanks!!
>
> Dan

Change the preference of your boot at the BIOS stage. i.e. press <del>
when your PC starts to boot; this will take you to the initial setup.

--
Oderient dum Metuant

thanks, but this is not a BIOS issue. BIOS only seeks the boot device.
This is WINDOWS. after booting is complete, grinding away at the floppy.

Dan