Does GTA IV work on my computer?

name acer aspire 3201?
5 answers Last reply
More about does work computer
  1. The computer brand name and number does not provide much information, especially considering the same models can be configured differently.

I am assuming you mean the Desktop Acer Aspire M3201.http://us.acer.com/acer/productv.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&kcond61e.c2att101=41536&sp=page16e&ctx2.c2att1=25&link=ln438e&CountryISOCtxParam=US&ctx1g.c2att92=450&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=4219977319

For this desktop in any configuration the answer is no. For GTA4 you would need a computer with a powerful processor, as GTA4 seems to tax the processor more than the graphics card. A Core 2 duo, core 2 quad, Athlon IIx3, athlon IIx4, or a phenom II x3. And you would need a graphics card with 1GB of graphics ram. Preferably something like an ATI radeon 4850/nvidia GTX250 or better.

If you need clarification on anything, let me know.
  2. No need to look at other facts, just look at integrated graphics, definitely a NO.

@enzo, just copy n paste the link, no need the [url
  3. overshocks said:
    No need to look at other facts, just look at integrated graphics, definitely a NO.

@enzo, just copy n paste the link, no need the [url

Yeah those URLs dont seem to be working for me lately.
  4. It's and acer, if it plays GTA4 with stock parts on any setting i'll be amazed tbh
  5. Probably no. I played the game on my 2.5gig dual core intel with nvidia 9500gt and it ran like crap. I have since upgraded to a HD 4870 1gig, but haven't reinstalled the game to try it out. The game is poorly optimized.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Aspire Acer Computers Video Games