alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Well, it seems that AGD is flooded by spams. Perhaps this can take
some people's mind off those issues :)

No cheating. These questions have probably been asked thousand times,
but I'll ask them anyways in hope to bring people back to topic.
(Crossposted to AGD2)

All the questions are Diablo II - Lord of Destruction related. All
answers can be found in the game.

1. Who thought pipe bombs could be effective in reducing the number of
enemies?

2. Who did not believe women should practice magic?

3. Which NPC claimed your character did certain feat that you never did
/ had not done?

4. Who wanted to build hot air balloon?

5. NPC A wanted to learn some skills from PC (Playable Character) B
after B performed a certain feat. Who were A and B?

6. Who said to have distrusted Nihlathak from the beginning, even
before Malah became suspected of his involvement with Anya's
disappearance?

7. What type of weed was available in Lut Gholein?

8. Besides Baal, Tyrael, Dark Wanderer, and perhaps Mephisto, who else
knew of Marius?

9. With all the intense action in this game, one can easily get carried
away and think that one is actually there. Good thing, this NPC
reminded us that this was just a game. Who was this NPC?

10. NPC A believed NPC B would not dare wronged NPC A because NPC A
possessed something. Who were NPC A and NPC B, and what did NPC A
possess that NPC B lacked of?

11. NPC A commented on how ridicilous it was to call Radament by "that
title" given by NPC B. Who was NPC A?

12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
log, that particular quest becomes gray.

Alice wrote:
> Well, it seems that AGD is flooded by spams. Perhaps this can take
> some people's mind off those issues :)

Hi Alice :)

Cool a quiz do we get prizes? :)

> No cheating. These questions have probably been asked thousand times,
> but I'll ask them anyways in hope to bring people back to topic.
> (Crossposted to AGD2)

I cant cheat even if I wanted to. A cpl days ago my old computer died
:(.
I got a new 1 now but it is a PC and not a mac. I asked for a pc cuz I
figured it would be better cuz I could be able to use stuff like atma
and ALL that other stuff all over that is PC only. But PC are a billion
times harder to use and I have never used 1 b4 so I am still nervous
bout trying to install a game on it but I will try 2day wish me luck :)

> All the questions are Diablo II - Lord of Destruction related. All
> answers can be found in the game.
>
> 1. Who thought pipe bombs could be effective in reducing the number of
> enemies?

I dont know bout pipebombs but QUelkek talk bout how larzark wanted to
us emetal tubes 2 fire iron balls at the monsters. that sound more like
cannons or guns but if that what u meant then I say Larzak

> 2. Who did not believe women should practice magic?

Im just guessing but I will guess Nilathalk just cuz he is a big jerk
:)

> 3. Which NPC claimed your character did certain feat that you never did
> / had not done?

I dont know I will guess nilathalk again but I dont even know what the
task is :/

> 4. Who wanted to build hot air balloon?

Larzak

> 5. NPC A wanted to learn some skills from PC (Playable Character) B
> after B performed a certain feat. Who were A and B?

Malah asking magic tips from sorc?

> 6. Who said to have distrusted Nihlathak from the beginning, even
> before Malah became suspected of his involvement with Anya's
> disappearance?

Larzak I think

> 7. What type of weed was available in Lut Gholein?

Gheed talks about something like narlent or narlak weed not sure how to
spell it

> 8. Besides Baal, Tyrael, Dark Wanderer, and perhaps Mephisto, who else
> knew of Marius?

I dont know if i go by movies in between acts uhm his camel? :)

> 9. With all the intense action in this game, one can easily get carried
> away and think that one is actually there. Good thing, this NPC
> reminded us that this was just a game. Who was this NPC?

I dont know

> 10. NPC A believed NPC B would not dare wronged NPC A because NPC A
> possessed something. Who were NPC A and NPC B, and what did NPC A
> possess that NPC B lacked of?

B is nilathalk and A is for Anya :) and it was some doohickey that lets
u go past the ancients without needing to fight with them

> 11. NPC A commented on how ridicilous it was to call Radament by "that
> title" given by NPC B. Who was NPC A?

I dont know I will guess Atma

> 12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
> your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
> and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
> all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
> log, that particular quest becomes gray.

hmm ok u need to talk to drogan and then jehryn or u cant get to the
palace and u dont HAVE to talk to her but after u kill radament the
quest thingy wont get complete till u talk to atama u also get cheap tp
scrolls when u do :) and when rushing mules u cant take tp to tomb till
u talk to cain I dont know if u have to talk to him if u walk but Im
not sure cuz when not rushing i always talk to him b4 then neways

So did I pass and did I win nething? hehe :)

Kaytie

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
"Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote

>Well, it seems that AGD is flooded by spams. Perhaps this can take
>some people's mind off those issues :)
>
>No cheating. These questions have probably been asked thousand times,
>but I'll ask them anyways in hope to bring people back to topic.
>(Crossposted to AGD2)
>
>All the questions are Diablo II - Lord of Destruction related. All
>answers can be found in the game.
>
>1. Who thought pipe bombs could be effective in reducing the number of
>enemies?

Larzuk

>2. Who did not believe women should practice magic?

Drognan

>3. Which NPC claimed your character did certain feat that you never did
>/ had not done?

I don't know

>4. Who wanted to build hot air balloon?

Larzuk

>5. NPC A wanted to learn some skills from PC (Playable Character) B
>after B performed a certain feat. Who were A and B?

I don't know

>6. Who said to have distrusted Nihlathak from the beginning, even
>before Malah became suspected of his involvement with Anya's
>disappearance?

Larzuk

>7. What type of weed was available in Lut Gholein?

Narlant weed

>8. Besides Baal, Tyrael, Dark Wanderer, and perhaps Mephisto, who else
>knew of Marius?

Cain

>9. With all the intense action in this game, one can easily get carried
>away and think that one is actually there. Good thing, this NPC
>reminded us that this was just a game. Who was this NPC?

Malah

>10. NPC A believed NPC B would not dare wronged NPC A because NPC A
>possessed something. Who were NPC A and NPC B, and what did NPC A
>possess that NPC B lacked of?
>
>11. NPC A commented on how ridicilous it was to call Radament by "that
>title" given by NPC B. Who was NPC A?

The drunk dude in act 2

>12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
>your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
>and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
>all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
>log, that particular quest becomes gray.

Drognan and Jherin
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

Alice wrote:

> All the questions are Diablo II - Lord of Destruction related. All
> answers can be found in the game.

Oooooh! A quiz. I love quizzes!!

> 1. Who thought pipe bombs could be effective in reducing the number of
> enemies?

Well, if it's a nutso idea, I'm guessing Larzuk.

> 2. Who did not believe women should practice magic?

Some man, obviously. Running through the usual suspects from all the
Acts, I'll guess Drognan.

> 3. Which NPC claimed your character did certain feat that you never did
> / had not done?

No idea.

> 4. Who wanted to build hot air balloon?

Larzuk.

> 5. NPC A wanted to learn some skills from PC (Playable Character) B
> after B performed a certain feat. Who were A and B?

Didn't Alkor want to learn some skills from the necromancer? But I
don't think that's it, because that's just his general greeting.

> 6. Who said to have distrusted Nihlathak from the beginning, even
> before Malah became suspected of his involvement with Anya's
> disappearance?

Dunno.

> 7. What type of weed was available in Lut Gholein?

I assure you, I know nothing about any kind of weed . . . *looks over
shoulder* Did you hear that, too?

> 8. Besides Baal, Tyrael, Dark Wanderer, and perhaps Mephisto, who else
> knew of Marius?

Um, I did. Does that count? :p

> 9. With all the intense action in this game, one can easily get carried
> away and think that one is actually there. Good thing, this NPC
> reminded us that this was just a game. Who was this NPC?

Oh! I know this! It's Malah, just before the Baal quest. She says, "You
knew it would come to this. Kill Baal. Finish the game!" I always go to
talk with her just before Baal because I think that speech is so
hilarious.

> 10. NPC A believed NPC B would not dare wronged NPC A because NPC A
> possessed something. Who were NPC A and NPC B, and what did NPC A
> possess that NPC B lacked of?

Er . . .

> 11. NPC A commented on how ridicilous it was to call Radament by "that
> title" given by NPC B. Who was NPC A?

I dunno, but Cain informs me that the Zakarum priestesses he knew in
his youth don't take vows of chastity.

> 12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
> your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
> and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
> all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
> log, that particular quest becomes gray.

Wow. Okay. Atma for Radament. Drognan for the Claw Vipers? Jerhyn for
others. I really have no clue. But I believe it's mandatory to give
that palace guard a few dirty looks. I just did part of Act II last
night, too, rofl.

I thought I knew this game.

Jill

*slips Alice a shiny red apple*

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

"Well, well, looks like the siege has everything in short supply."
The siege from non Diablo related postings, that is.

Preoccupied with breaking the siege? "Did I tell you there were
catapults?"

Do not pay attention to anything else but killing monsters, and
sometimes forcing loyal Doom Knights to turn against each other? You
necromancers, assassins, and paladins, please don't tell me your take
pleasures in forcing Junior Maggots to prey on their own mother.

Or simply not enough time has elapsed since I posted this quiz?

It has been some time since I played the game, so I hope I got those
questions (and answers) correctly. I will post the answers sometime
after Aug 5 if I remember :), since I plan to take another shot at this
game around then.

When I started playing the game, I did not know what MF, cookie cutter,
and 'godly items' were. I just chose a character, killed some
monsters, distribute attribute points almost equally, put one point on
each skill then picked a skill that looked the coolest and maxed it
along with its synergies. Sure enough, I couldn't make it past
Nightmare. Oooh, how much thrill it was when Cain told me I was about
to face the Maiden of Anguish, or how majestic it felt on top of Mount
Arreat for the first time. And boy, did I shiver or did I S.H.I.V.E.R.
when I stood on the crossroad between Heaven and Hell, with Tyrael
rambling about the time has come, final hour, and fate of the world.

Along came someone with greater knowledge than me. He told me about
the online play on B.net, how to build my sorceress properly, kill
Mephisto 20,000 times to get uber items, and so on. Sure, I shriek in
ecstacy when Baal finally gave up a gold Dimensional Shard on my
1,000,000th trip. Sure enough my Holy Grail turned out to be something
I did not even care to build a new sorc around. The chase was all
there was to it. I felt there was nothing else for me to accomplish,
"You knew it would finally come. Finish the game." Besides, even if I
wanted to, I couldn't fit much gaming time any longer anyways.

But now, with a long 2 week break looming ahead, and as I ponder on
what I can do, I realized, redundancy is boring! Why did I always get
people to rush me, got on countless Baal runs mindlessly, then
teleported across the same dark Zakarum tower over and over? I figure
I could somewhat relive the fun in playing Diablo if I get back to SP,
where I could start fresh and no rush is possible. So maybe I
shouldn't load the stash that Jill has custom made for me, but then I
love a sparkly sorc :) Ah well, I'll have at least 2 sorcies, one
sparkly, one non :)

Sure I won't get the same thrill when I was about to meet face to face
with the huge demon known as the Lord of Hatred. But hey, at the very
least I'll still get to chuckle as I listen to Warriv, Geglash,
Lysander, and the others.

While at it, here are more trivia questions as they just come flowing
back to me :)

13. Who was Binnik? What was Binnik's occupation? What was Binnik's
unaccomplished dream that Binnik never spoke of?

14. Where can you find a picture of a person with wrists and ankles
manacled?

15. According to a certain NPC, why was Larzuk not married?

16. While everyone else expressed fear, disgust, and other negative
feelings upon hearing that Radament fed on human flesh and often
dismembered the livings, this NPC did not seem a bit worry. Who was
this NPC?

Alice wrote:
> Well, it seems that AGD is flooded by spams. Perhaps this can take
> some people's mind off those issues :)
>
> No cheating. These questions have probably been asked thousand times,
> but I'll ask them anyways in hope to bring people back to topic.
> (Crossposted to AGD2)
>
> All the questions are Diablo II - Lord of Destruction related. All
> answers can be found in the game.
>
> 1. Who thought pipe bombs could be effective in reducing the number of
> enemies?
>
> 2. Who did not believe women should practice magic?
>
> 3. Which NPC claimed your character did certain feat that you never did
> / had not done?
>
> 4. Who wanted to build hot air balloon?
>
> 5. NPC A wanted to learn some skills from PC (Playable Character) B
> after B performed a certain feat. Who were A and B?
>
> 6. Who said to have distrusted Nihlathak from the beginning, even
> before Malah became suspected of his involvement with Anya's
> disappearance?
>
> 7. What type of weed was available in Lut Gholein?
>
> 8. Besides Baal, Tyrael, Dark Wanderer, and perhaps Mephisto, who else
> knew of Marius?
>
> 9. With all the intense action in this game, one can easily get carried
> away and think that one is actually there. Good thing, this NPC
> reminded us that this was just a game. Who was this NPC?
>
> 10. NPC A believed NPC B would not dare wronged NPC A because NPC A
> possessed something. Who were NPC A and NPC B, and what did NPC A
> possess that NPC B lacked of?
>
> 11. NPC A commented on how ridicilous it was to call Radament by "that
> title" given by NPC B. Who was NPC A?
>
> 12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
> your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
> and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
> all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
> log, that particular quest becomes gray.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

> > 12. Besides Meshif to advance to Act III, name all Act II NPCs that
> > your character absolutely must talk to in order to complete all quests
> > and move your game forward, without exiting the game before completing
> > all 6 quests. By completing a quest, I mean, when you open your quest
> > log, that particular quest becomes gray.
>
> Wow. Okay. Atma for Radament. Drognan for the Claw Vipers? Jerhyn for
> others. I really have no clue. But I believe it's mandatory to give
> that palace guard a few dirty looks. I just did part of Act II last
> night, too, rofl.
>
> I thought I knew this game.
>
> Jill
>
> *slips Alice a shiny red apple*

Whenever I start in Act 2 I don't really need to cross town to see Atma
for the quest; I just go straight to the southern entrance (by the
docks) and start the quest there. I think I end up getting the quest
when I get near radamant (sp). In either case I prefer to take the
stairs by the docks because the tunnel to the next level is almost
always nearby.

Additional Question:
There are two people who name things after you. Who are they?