Battlefield 2 - 1.5 Update problem :(

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Hi everyone,

Recently I've been trying to update my Battlefield 2 from 1.4 to 1.5. It seems i have a problem and after searching the internet for hours i cant find a fix at all.

I get this message before it even starts installing the update.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8007/bf2wr.jpg

if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated :)

thanks a bunch,
Coltman

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I downloaded a MD5 check, but the problem is when i try and load up the patch it takes a very long time to load it. and that seems to be the problem in MD5 aswell :S.

I thoughts there was only one 1.5 patch, and its from 1.41 to 1.5, i torrented it off isohunt I think.

halfway down the page here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/09/01/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-available.aspx##

is the statement about needing 1.41

whats the md5 from the new one? same as the last one?

all i can say is reinstall from scratch (don't forget the punkbuster update) have you got room on your hdd for the installation (it includes the two booster packs + special forces). or you could try to disable all firewalls / virus checkers (pull the cable to be safe whilst doing this) and install then with out all those running?

which OS are you using, do the details on the error message tell you anything useful? do you need to install whilst runnig the patch as admin?

have you got the proper 1.5 patch, or the 1.5 beta patch? not sure there is any difference and wouldn't expect that kind of error message if here was. have seen a few posts that suggest beta was 1.2Gb, full version is 2Gb not 1.5 as I suggested earlier.

thats all ive got for now, i'm having great fun playing it, depends on who is on the server though, its worth the effort in my opinion, if only they had no-disked the patch that would have been a nice gift to the fan base. I'll be on later to see how you get on or if you have some more evidence I can work with.

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Okay i just tried to install the patch with my firewall and av off but no luck :( - I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit

ah heck, that seems to be the right file, all I can suggest is a reinstall, but if its stopping because a process is running, then you need to find what process that is, does the detail tab in the error box tell you a process name?

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
heres whats in the detail tab

Error Code: -5009 : 0x8000ffff
Error Information:
>Ctor\IScriptWrapper.cpp (27)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)
>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (391)
>Kernel\Component.cpp (1161)
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1701)
PAPP:Battlefield 2 Patch
PVENDOR:Electronic Arts (http://www.battlefield.com/)
PGUID:F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F
$10.50.0.125PAK
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 55388.18

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
i think is says @windows XP on the last line because i tried running it in Windows XP compatiable mode but that didnt work

coltman

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I think i might leave it :(
I contacted EA and spoke on their Live chat to someone and they couldnt give me a fix, they told me to send them my dxdiag so i've done that and if i get a reply with a fix that works thats great but for now im not expecting it xD

Thank for all your help mate. I appreciate it :)