Back-up all files:

How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?
10 answers Last reply
More about back files

    Depends on what you mean by all files. If you're talking about making an
    image of your hard drive - I'd suggest a program called Acronis True Image
    (about $50)

    If you just want to copy them to another disk, you can use Windows Explorer.
    But, be advised that some files will be "locked" because Windows needs to
    use them.

    Let us know what you're hoping to accomplish with this copy operation and
    we'll give you more advice :)

    Ben Jamin wrote:
    > How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?

    You have answers in general and basics. Please do not multi-post.

    Not your place to tell anyone anything, let alone give any advice is it net
    cop?

    > Ben Jamin wrote:
    >> How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?
    >
    > You have answers in general and basics. Please do not multi-post.

    The thread is open to all.

    "GD" <Iuuy@sda.com> wrote in message
    > Not your place to tell anyone anything, let alone give any advice is it
    > net cop?
    >
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> Ben Jamin wrote:
    >>> How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?
    >>
    >> You have answers in general and basics. Please do not multi-post.

    CT, you are overreacting to Tick. Not that I disagree with anything you
    have said, but you are repeating yourself. Ignore Tick. It will never
    change.

    <CTLouisiana@msn.com> wrote in message
    > You can't help giving unwanted advice
    > After working all week and having a normal straight social life
    > I am back on the weekend
    > And see that Perspire and Candy are living here
    > On UseNet 24/7 cause you have such a lonely mixed up life
    > Which is why you try to shoot at other's post
    > Cause you will do anything for attention
    > Cause of your lifestyle
    > You have no normal straight friends.
    >
    > Sorry your life turned out bad.
    >
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    > =======================================
    >
    > "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >> Ben Jamin wrote:
    >>> How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?
    >>
    >> You have answers in general and basics. Please do not multi-post.

    It depends on what you plan to backup to. The Windows Backup can be
    installed on Home, but it is not capable of some types of backups. Why
    don't you take a look at BackUpMyPC by Stomp, Retrospect by Dantz (now EMC),
    and True Image by Acronis. I beleive they all have full featured trial
    versions you can download and check out before buying.

    "Ben Jamin" <BenJamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?

    Most users only backup / burn their DATA files which are usually in; My
    Documents
    The software that comes with a burner / CD or DVD burner will backup / burn
    the files to a CD or DVD
    ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    =======================================

    "Ben Jamin" <BenJamin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I back-up all files with Windows Home AD ?

    Greetings Gary,
    While you are having such a fun time bashing people - could you please set
    your clock correctly - you seem to have gotten yourself a month into the
    future.

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    > GD,
    >
    > She / he / him / shim or whoever cannot help it.
    > Whoever it is - gets many negative replies
    > You can imagine what kind of person they are who lives on their PC 24 / 7
    > They don't have a life nor attention and do whatever to receive a reply.
    > =======================================
    > Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
    > New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    > =======================================
    >
    > "GD" <Iuuy@sda.com> wrote in message
    >> Not your place to tell anyone anything, let alone give any advice is it
    >> net cop?
    >>
    >> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> You have answers in general and basics. Please do not multi-post.

    While I am having fun bashing "" I corrected the clock as you will notice on
    the post of 7/23 at 4:35 but I hate it that the basher posts are stuck at
    the top but thanks for the reminder.
    =======================================
    Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
    New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
    http://www.nola.com/bourbocam/classic/

    Lsu @ msn.com
    http://searchingforfamily.org
    ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    =======================================

    "Ron Bogart" <ronbogart@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Greetings Gary,
    > While you are having such a fun time bashing people - could you please set
    > your clock correctly - you seem to have gotten yourself a month into the
    > future.
    >
    > --
    > Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    > Associate Expert
    > Lovin life on Mercer Island 8^)
    > "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
    > In memory of a true friend, MVP Alex Nichol (1935-2005)
    >
    > <CTLouisiana@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> GD,
    >>
    >> She / he / him / shim or whoever cannot help it.
    >> Whoever it is - gets many negative replies
    >> You can imagine what kind of person they are who lives on their PC 24 / 7
    >> They don't have a life nor attention and do whatever to receive a reply.
    >> =======================================
    >> Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
    >> New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
    >> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    >> =======================================
    >>
    >> "GD" <Iuuy@sda.com> wrote in message
    >>> Not your place to tell anyone anything, let alone give any advice is it
    >>> net cop?
    >>>
    >>> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message

    Thanks for setting the time up correctly - have a great day. :-)

    --

    <LsuEdu@bellsouth.net-REMOVE> wrote in message
    > While I am having fun bashing "" I corrected the clock as you will notice
    > on the post of 7/23 at 4:35 but I hate it that the basher posts are stuck
    > at the top but thanks for the reminder.
    > =======================================
    > Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
    > New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
    > http://www.nola.com/bourbocam/classic/
    >
    > Lsu @ msn.com
    > http://searchingforfamily.org
    > ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    > =======================================
    >

    > "Ron Bogart" <ronbogart@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> Greetings Gary,
    >> While you are having such a fun time bashing people - could you please
    >> set your clock correctly - you seem to have gotten yourself a month into
    >> the future.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    >>
    >> <CTLouisiana@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>> GD,
    >>>
    >>> She / he / him / shim or whoever cannot help it.
    >>> Whoever it is - gets many negative replies
    >>> You can imagine what kind of person they are who lives on their PC 24 /
    >>> 7
    >>> They don't have a life nor attention and do whatever to receive a reply.
    >>> Best regards with your searching, Gary 'Doc' Adams
    >>> New Orleans, Louisiana - USA
    >>> ~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~
    >>>
    >>> "GD" <Iuuy@sda.com> wrote in message

Microsoft Windows XP