Wireless and Sharing Dial Up Internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 17, 2004 11:47:20 AM

I have a D-link 624+ and the network is fine. Sadly my area does not support
broadband so I still acess via dial up. My networkerd machiens cannot now
access Net. IS there any way that I can get this to work,

I have ICS set up on main machine.

Pc1 = 192.168.0.1
Dlnk=192.168.0.2
PC3=192.168.0.3
PC4=192.168.0.4
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 17, 2004 11:47:21 AM

"Some One" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a D-link 624+ and the network is fine. Sadly my area does not
support
> broadband so I still acess via dial up. My networkerd machiens cannot now
> access Net. IS there any way that I can get this to work,
>
> I have ICS set up on main machine.
>
> Pc1 = 192.168.0.1
> Dlnk=192.168.0.2
> PC3=192.168.0.3
> PC4=192.168.0.4

Here is the link to the Microsoft web page that describes how to set up
modem sharing using XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/lea...

If you aren't using XP, then search for Modem Sharing software or purchase a
3Com LAN Modem (3C886A) that will share the modem connection between all
users.

Grant
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 17, 2004 12:17:50 PM

Thanks Grant. ALready had set this all up. Never a problem with my wired
network. Only begun happenign with worelss and supoect soemthing to do wioth
TCP/IP

!