why wont my computer install games correctly?

Everytime i try to install a game to my computer like "The Sims," the same
screen appears. The screen says;

Welcome to microsft windows xp
what do you want to do?

-> install xp
-> Perform addition tasks
-> check system compatibility

so i install the game by going to the cs and go to the setup sile and launch
the setup! That did work, but when i add new expansion packs to my game The
Sims, which requires updating the instalkation, it brings me right back to
the page where it says;

Welcome to microsft windows xp
what do you want to do?

-> install xp
-> Perform addition tasks
-> check system compatibility

why is this?
3 answers Last reply
More about wont computer install games correctly

    help please wrote:

    > Everytime i try to install a game to my computer like "The Sims," the
    > same screen appears. The screen says;
    >
    > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > what do you want to do?
    >
    > -> install xp
    > -> Perform addition tasks
    > -> check system compatibility
    >
    > so i install the game by going to the cs and go to the setup sile and
    > launch
    > the setup! That did work, but when i add new expansion packs to my
    > game The Sims, which requires updating the instalkation, it brings me
    > right back to the page where it says;
    >

    > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > what do you want to do?
    >
    > -> install xp
    > -> Perform addition tasks
    > -> check system compatibility
    >

    > why is this?

    Do you have an XP installation disk in your cd drive? Maybe you have two
    cd drives and forgot that you left the XP installation disk in one of
    them? Those are the prompts you would get if you did. You should take
    it out.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    No there are no other disks in my drive other than the one i am trying to
    install!!! This happens only when im trying to install games! Can there be
    other explanations?

    "Malke" wrote:

    > help please wrote:
    >
    > > Everytime i try to install a game to my computer like "The Sims," the
    > > same screen appears. The screen says;
    > >
    > > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > > what do you want to do?
    > >
    > > -> install xp
    > > -> Perform addition tasks
    > > -> check system compatibility
    > >
    > > so i install the game by going to the cs and go to the setup sile and
    > > launch
    > > the setup! That did work, but when i add new expansion packs to my
    > > game The Sims, which requires updating the instalkation, it brings me
    > > right back to the page where it says;
    > >

    > > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > > what do you want to do?
    > >
    > > -> install xp
    > > -> Perform addition tasks
    > > -> check system compatibility
    > >

    > > why is this?
    >
    > Do you have an XP installation disk in your cd drive? Maybe you have two
    > cd drives and forgot that you left the XP installation disk in one of
    > them? Those are the prompts you would get if you did. You should take
    > it out.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Iam sure its just a image of it if you wher to launch xp it will ask you for
    the cd
    the path of the file your looking at was set to run evry time execute a file
    for some weird reason ...if you can right click on the menu when it pops up
    and check for its location and delete it or click on control alt delete on
    your keyboard find the process
    then locate the file on a search then delete

    Or if its a copy you have from the net then the game you have is half sims
    and winxp menu some people off the net will try and fool you and make you
    wounder
    anyway good luck.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > help please wrote:
    >
    > > Everytime i try to install a game to my computer like "The Sims," the
    > > same screen appears. The screen says;
    > >
    > > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > > what do you want to do?
    > >
    > > -> install xp
    > > -> Perform addition tasks
    > > -> check system compatibility
    > >
    > > so i install the game by going to the cs and go to the setup sile and
    > > launch
    > > the setup! That did work, but when i add new expansion packs to my
    > > game The Sims, which requires updating the instalkation, it brings me
    > > right back to the page where it says;
    > >

    > > Welcome to microsft windows xp
    > > what do you want to do?
    > >
    > > -> install xp
    > > -> Perform addition tasks
    > > -> check system compatibility
    > >

    > > why is this?
    >
    > Do you have an XP installation disk in your cd drive? Maybe you have two
    > cd drives and forgot that you left the XP installation disk in one of
    > them? Those are the prompts you would get if you did. You should take
    > it out.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Sims Computers Games Microsoft Windows XP