Print files names (jpg) in Folder

I have a folder with file names (.jpg files). I want to print the list, not
the pictures.
Print Screen does not work.
4 answers Last reply
More about print files names folder

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    Directory Printer v5.1

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:01:02 -0700, Atlanta rose wrote:

    > I have a folder with file names (.jpg files). I want to print the list, not
    > the pictures.
    > Print Screen does not work.

    "Print Directory" from Karenware:
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    In news:3274C76C-EB6C-4CD0-A6A7-4F22AA4DCAC8@microsoft.com,
    Atlanta rose <Atlanta rose@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > I have a folder with file names (.jpg files). I want to print
    > the
    > list, not the pictures.
    > Print Screen does not work.

    First of all, note that Print Screen *does* work. It just doesn't
    work the way you expect it to.

    Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the
    screen. But in all versions of Windows, this works differently,
    and the name of the key is now an anachronism.

    To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire
    screen, or press alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active
    window. Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard.
    Once it's in the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any
    application that supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics
    programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or add
    to the image as you wish, then print it.

    This ability to manipulate the image in a program before printing
    it is an improvement over the original DOS method of just
    printing it. But if you'd like that old facility back, there are
    several third-party freeware/shareware programs that can do this,
    such as PrintKey2000
    (http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/00zwd2/printkey2000.htm).

    However, PrintScrn isn't a great tool for this because the list
    is usually long enough that you would have to scroll and do a
    PrintScrn multiple times. Here are three better ways to do this:

    1. Go to a command prompt and issue the command

    dir [drive:folder] > c:\tempfilename (you can use any name and
    put it in any folder you want)

    Then open notepad, open tempfilename, and print it from there.

    2. Go to
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321379
    and follow the instructions there.

    3. Download and use any of the several freeware/shareware
    utilities that can do this, such as the popular
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    For a normal directory list printing, see:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Retrieving Extended File Properties - Scripting:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/2000/server/scriptguide/en-us/sas_fil_lunl.mspx

    From David Candy:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23449C%24%24VEHA.1144%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

    From Torgeir:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=O3rWCwAvEHA.612%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Atlanta rose" <Atlanta rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a folder with file names (.jpg files). I want to print the list, not
    > the pictures.
    > Print Screen does not work.

Microsoft Windows XP