Sign in with
Your question

Who is going to still play COD4 online, even though MODW 2 is out.I'm!

Last response: in Video Games
November 9, 2009 3:18:20 AM

Who is going to still play Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Even though Modern Warfare 2 is out in about 2 more days?
I'm, who else> Please leave your posts! Thanks.

Codename: RIPPER

More about : play cod4 online modw

November 9, 2009 12:29:31 PM

I don't think many PC gamers will be playing MW2 so I shouldn't fret!
November 9, 2009 1:06:39 PM

^Ditto. I've heard that ALOT of people have canceled their pre-orders. It is a DIRECT console port and the only changes are mouse and keyboard movement and text chat. There are no dedicated servers and will use the same hosting setup as PS3, where one player is the host and if they drop it transitions to the next "best" connected host. It will also be a MAX of 9v9 with no console or admin functions to boot people from a game or set rules. BASICALLY everything that makes multiplayer FPS games on a PC FUN!

I have a feeling ALOT of people will continue to play COD4 and COD:WaW. OR find the next best FPS game for the PC. I still play Battlefield:2142 as my main game. I am itching for a replacement that has battles on this scale. 64v64.... COME ON!
Related resources
November 9, 2009 2:49:26 PM

I will not be picking up CODMW2 since they spit in PC gamers faces. Borderlands is the way togo.
November 9, 2009 8:07:19 PM

Im going to start a Modern Warfare 2 boycott: Look for my thread in this board. This is a spit in the face of PC gamers. Sure we're not the largest market share by far but that's just cold.

Also it does not and will not have PunkBuster. This means aimbots, hackers (or atleast wanna be hackers) will roam free. Much like most mmofps... The only reason I would purchase an FPS is dedicated servers, and cheaters removed.

CoD4? Maybe if I get desperate. CoD: WaW. No, flat out no.
November 9, 2009 8:16:12 PM

In most cases you can always find people to play these games after the new version comes out anyways. In this case seeing as the disaster MW2 is looking to be it only seems to reason that COD4 will remain fairly popular for the PC.
November 9, 2009 8:32:02 PM

AsAnAtheist said:
Im going to start a Modern Warfare 2 boycott: Look for my thread in this board. This is a spit in the face of PC gamers. Sure we're not the largest market share by far but that's just cold.

Also it does not and will not have PunkBuster. This means aimbots, hackers (or atleast wanna be hackers) will roam free. Much like most mmofps... The only reason I would purchase an FPS is dedicated servers, and cheaters removed.

CoD4? Maybe if I get desperate. CoD: WaW. No, flat out no.

You're a little late. There are tons of people boycotting this game already. Unless, of course, you mean a thread on this website for people to say, "Yeah, I ain' buyin' it!", because I haven't seen one. I will gladly join it.

Ya'll seen the online petition to Infinity Ward for dedicated servers? When I signed it a month ago there were 130,000++ signatures, mine included.

It's now near 200k.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis...

If half of these people that signed do not purchase MW2, that's a substantial amount of money lost. Not enough to hurt Infinity Ward, but probably enough to make 'em notice.
November 10, 2009 2:59:05 AM

Ok Im going to sign the petition, but Ill wait till the game is $30 and with all the needed and asked for features on the table.
February 4, 2010 5:30:11 PM

count me too
February 4, 2010 7:11:08 PM

I'm in
March 4, 2010 9:48:21 PM

What happened to you guys? MW2 still sold bajillions and made EA lots of money! :( 
March 5, 2010 11:56:44 AM

The only reason I bought it was BestBuy had a misprint in their ad for $29.99. The campaign was good, the special ops are fun, but the multiplayer angers me. It's full of 14 year olds, aimbotters, and racist and prejudice people. I got tired of being kills with impossible shots, and listening to incredibly rude and annoying people. It's DX9 and just doesn't look that good. Actually when I first bought the game, Multiplayer was generally fun, but I noticed more and more hacker/aimbotters. I will never buy another COD game again, but for $30 it gave me some entertainment and I got my money worth. $60 is a rip off for this game, even $50 or $40. And by now everyone should just be looking at Bad Company 2, which is a DX11 game with dedicated servers.

EA made a ton of money off parents who bought an M rated game for their kids. Bad Bad parents. They made most of their money off the console though. Last I heard they came in WAY under their PC numbers.
March 8, 2010 3:34:51 PM

jay2tall said:
^Ditto. I've heard that ALOT of people have canceled their pre-orders. It is a DIRECT console port and the only changes are mouse and keyboard movement and text chat. There are no dedicated servers and will use the same hosting setup as PS3, where one player is the host and if they drop it transitions to the next "best" connected host. It will also be a MAX of 9v9 with no console or admin functions to boot people from a game or set rules. BASICALLY everything that makes multiplayer FPS games on a PC FUN!

I have a feeling ALOT of people will continue to play COD4 and COD:WaW. OR find the next best FPS game for the PC. I still play Battlefield:2142 as my main game. I am itching for a replacement that has battles on this scale. 64v64.... COME ON!

You have exactly taken all of those words out of my mouth! It's good to see other people think alike! *gives kudos*
!