I need to change the extensions of some files. Explorer does not show any of
my file extensions. Can I change something so that I can access the file
extensions and change them if I like? Thanks!

In Windows Explorer go to Tools, Folder Options, View tab. You'll find the setting there.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Ornery" <Ornery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6DD538B-522F-40A6-AEBF-1071158A790E@microsoft.com...
>I need to change the extensions of some files. Explorer does not show any of
> my file extensions. Can I change something so that I can access the file
> extensions and change them if I like? Thanks!

Doug,

If this is disabled by the gpo? how can i enable it by the gpo in windows
2003 server?

Thx
Piet

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> In Windows Explorer go to Tools, Folder Options, View tab. You'll find the setting there.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Ornery" <Ornery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6DD538B-522F-40A6-AEBF-1071158A790E@microsoft.com...
> >I need to change the extensions of some files. Explorer does not show any of
> > my file extensions. Can I change something so that I can access the file
> > extensions and change them if I like? Thanks!

I don't have a Server 2003 machine here, but for XP, as far as I know, this is not set by GPO. If you're referring to Folder Options being restricted by GPO, then this setting is under User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Explorer.