Event ID: 1073
Date: 7/19/05
Time: 7:41:20 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: *******
The attempt to reboot ******* failed.

This problem started after I downloaded the latest windows updates. I tried
removing them, and rebooting. But the problem is still there.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about compute reboot

    There should have been a System Restore point created when you installed the
    updates..........give that a shot........you can always revert back.
    Heirloom, old and oughta work

    "Sink" <Sink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using winxp home SP2 .When I click the restart button, the computer shuts
    > down completely. I have to start it manually.
    >
    > There is a warning message in the event viewer as follows.
    >
    > Event Type: Warning
    > Event Source: USER32
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1073
    > Date: 7/19/05
    > Time: 7:41:20 AM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: *******
    > The attempt to reboot ******* failed.
    >
    > This problem started after I downloaded the latest windows updates. I
    > tried
    > removing them, and rebooting. But the problem is still there.
    > Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks

    I am pretty sure the problem has been solved. I tried your suggestion and
    went to system restore but problem still exited. I checked the services and
    changed the Background Intelligent Transfer Service setting , from manual to
    automatic. Now when I click on [Restart], the computer logs off and restarts
    properly, instead of shutting down completly.
    Thank you, and I appreciate your interest and suggestion.

    "Heirloom" wrote:

    > There should have been a System Restore point created when you installed the
    > updates..........give that a shot........you can always revert back.
    > Heirloom, old and oughta work
    >

    > "Sink" <Sink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Using winxp home SP2 .When I click the restart button, the computer shuts
    > > down completely. I have to start it manually.
    > >
    > > There is a warning message in the event viewer as follows.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Warning
    > > Event Source: USER32
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 1073
    > > Date: 7/19/05
    > > Time: 7:41:20 AM
    > > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > > Computer: *******
    > > The attempt to reboot ******* failed.
    > >
    > > This problem started after I downloaded the latest windows updates. I
    > > tried
    > > removing them, and rebooting. But the problem is still there.
    > > Any other suggestions?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Computers Windows XP