Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
i bought SC2 a year ago, played it 3-4 times and then stopped. it's been uninstalled and sitting in my drawer collecting dust. i had forgotten i purchased it until i was looking for my 2010 tax return and found the tax return under the box!

i bought BF3 last weekend through an amazon download. i have played it a few times, but my computer is about 3 years old and origin really hates it. the graphics are consistently on 40fps for me which is fine on my old rig, but for whatever reason it crashes 1 out of every 2 times i try and join a server, and the servers take a good 5-8 minutes to load. unfortunately i just don't have that kind of time, and because i don't have that kind of time, not sure i'm ready to drop $500+ on a new system to play the game properly.

i don't know much about the resale of cd keys, and i've heard accounts are locked with each key. both accounts are pretty much a clean slate since i've played almost none on either game. i paid $50+ for both games separately, i'd like to get $30 each...anyone interested?

Once you enter the key and install the game that code is tied to your account and Origin does not allow the resale of games (This is one of the main reasons why developers use these digital distribution systems - though they try to make everyone think it is to curb Piracy ) Since the developers do not get any funds from the secondary market they are using this type of thing to keep people from being able to use the game and the resell it after they finish by making the product key be tied to a specific persons account and if they find you sell a game will BAN your entire account ( Not just the game you resold but every game you had purchased through that service since you violated their EULA )

tuffluck

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

thanks for the info. this is terribly stupid, though. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.