Liberty Square Blueprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read.

In theory, I agree with some of the proposals. It is truly radical thinking, in the literal sense, not in the right wing propaganda sense.

In the face of reality though, it reads more like a wish list than an actual implementable plan. Some points are contradictory. I also read little consideration for the reality of human nature towards exploitation. If by the grace of God, these ideas were to be implemented as social or political policy I see nothing written about the controls that are to be put in place to stop the Leaders from becoming the new elite or simply replacing one form of tyranny for another.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Oh, my. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taken as a whole, I see a lot of people without the desire to work saying, "Gimme. Gimme. Gimme."

And if you are going to talk "global", once you average everything together, are you prepared to give up things you take for granted, like public sanitation, regular medical care (as bad as it sometimes is), a/c, your own bedroom? And remember, it isn't just you. Your children will also give all of this up. Have you asked how they feel?

I have lived and worked outside the U.S. for 29 of the last 35 years. I have seen real poverty. And as I am approaching retirement, I have no desire to settle there.

I read through the list of demands. A lot of it sounds like high flying, progressive rhetoric - no concrete demands, no thought of how to get there. Just "Gimme. Gimme. Gimme."

I am not going to refute each point, but I will take the first one:
"How can we build an empowered global society based on direct democracy? "

This is the "tyranny of democracy", the idea that 51% of any body are automatically correct.

I can guarantee that in this mythical, global democracy, if the Muslims reach 50.00001% of the population, the rest of us are not going to like the results. But, hey! It would be a democracy.

And the second one: "How will we emancipate ourselves from centralized financial systems? "

Then at the end, they talk about centralizing everything in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.