Back to Analog

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 8, 2004 7:22:31 PM

Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
phones, wants to return to analog only, and
that is why VZW is not offering the digital
V710 BT phone?;-)

More about : back analog

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 10:40:01 PM

Gator <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote:
> Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> V710 BT phone?;-)

It's a little late for April Fools jokes.

July 9, 2004 3:34:50 AM

OK. well I think if we went back to analog there would only be able to have
like 1200 phone calls at one time in any given area

"Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> V710 BT phone?;-)

July 9, 2004 4:59:37 AM

Where did you hear that from?

"Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> V710 BT phone?;-)

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 4:59:38 AM

The little voices in his head...

"Shai Wolman" <Shaiwol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Z5mHc.25623$SO5.21781@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Where did you hear that from?
>
> "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> > Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> > VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> > phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> > that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> > V710 BT phone?;-)

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 12:18:22 PM

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:22:31 -0700, "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za>
wrote:

>Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
>VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
>phones, wants to return to analog only, and
>that is why VZW is not offering the digital
>V710 BT phone?;-)

Uhh yeah, and Bill Gates, the CEO of Microsoft, in cooperation with
AOL will give you $1.00 for every person you forward this e-mail to so
they can track how many people use Microsoft products.
July 9, 2004 6:07:27 PM

wrote:

>Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
>VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
>phones, wants to return to analog only, and
>that is why VZW is not offering the digital
>V710 BT phone?;-)

I hear Verizon Wireless is going to force everyone to turn in their
digital phones for 3W analog "bag phones".

JUST KIDDING!! Somewhere in South Carolina, an old guy is having a
heart attack at the joyous news...

;)

Mike
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:30:56 AM

Yeah, but they would be 1200 good sounding calls:)

"Nathanls" <NOSPAM@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Aeadnfv9aqScoXPdRVn-hA@comcast.com>...
> OK. well I think if we went back to analog there would only be able to have
> like 1200 phone calls at one time in any given area
>

> "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> > Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> > VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> > phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> > that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> > V710 BT phone?;-)

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:47:03 AM

and the only reason it works is because you can only may 3 calls before you
need to charge your phone again.

"David L" <davidlind@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, but they would be 1200 good sounding calls:)
>
> "Nathanls" <NOSPAM@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> > OK. well I think if we went back to analog there would only be able to
have
> > like 1200 phone calls at one time in any given area
> >

> > "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
> > > VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
> > > phones, wants to return to analog only, and
> > > that is why VZW is not offering the digital
> > > V710 BT phone?;-)

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 8:19:08 AM

Are you kidding. You must be very young and not remember how bad analog
service really was.

Bruce D. Brown

"David L" <davidlind@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, but they would be 1200 good sounding calls:)
>
> "Nathanls" <NOSPAM@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> OK. well I think if we went back to analog there would only be able to
>> have
>> like 1200 phone calls at one time in any given area
>>

>> "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
>> > Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
>> > VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
>> > phones, wants to return to analog only, and
>> > that is why VZW is not offering the digital
>> > V710 BT phone?;-)

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 6:25:20 PM

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:07:27 -0400, Mike <inundated9@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Somewhere in South Carolina, an old guy is having a
>heart attack at the joyous news...

Somehow I don't think Larry would be very happy sharing the AMPS
channel with all of those former "toy" phone users.:)
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 1:24:41 AM

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:07:27 -0400, Mike <inundated9@yahoo.com> chose to
add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:22:31 -0700, "Gator" <gator2@webmail.co.za>
>wrote:
>
>>Has anyone out there heard the rumor that
>>VZW CEO is not setting up anymore digital
>>phones, wants to return to analog only, and
>>that is why VZW is not offering the digital
>>V710 BT phone?;-)
>
>I hear Verizon Wireless is going to force everyone to turn in their
>digital phones for 3W analog "bag phones".
>
>JUST KIDDING!! Somewhere in South Carolina, an old guy is having a
>heart attack at the joyous news...
>
>;)

Or possibly another bodily response...

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"The guy is absolutely brilliant. You can get into a conversation with Jeff
Baxter over the most arcane scientific details of ballistic theory,
intercept solutions, command and control. I'm lost in the first five
minutes." - Lt. Col. Rick Lehner, spokesman for the Ballistic Missile
Defense Organization, discussing former Doobie Brother guitarist Jeff
"Skunk" Baxter, a self-taught missile expert and civilian adviser to the
Pentagon, in the New York Post
!