Closed

Making a Halo 3 Security helmet visor in real life?

Long story short I'm building a wearable Halo 3 armor costume, and I'd like to make the Security helmet. Here's a picture (it was originally called the Marathon helmet):

The visor is gold, mirrored, and transparent from the inside. It's curved up/down and left/right. A gold motorcycle visor works for the normal helmet (the one Master Chief wears), but the security helmet is much too big.

Here's a picture of what I'm thinking of doing:

The problem is, I don't know where I can get see-through, mirrored, gold acrylic glass (Plexiglas). Even after I find out where to get it or how to make it, I don't know if you can shape or mold tinted/mirrored Plexiglas. If it's not possible, can anyone recommend alternatives?

Edit: I found a site that has 1-way acrylic mirror sheets for sale. Here's a link. KMP-031 (the first of the 2 Way Acrylic Mirrors) fits the bill nicely; 12"x12", 1/16" thick, and only $8.70. Now, I just need to know if that can be molded. Once that's figured out, I need to know if it can be tinted gold. Once that's figured out, I need to know if the gold tint can be molded. Any idea if it's possible?
6 answers Last reply
More about making halo security helmet visor real life
  1. personally i would have just looked for clear transparent sheet then used a mirrored sticky sheet like that used on car windows, you should find one for display purposes only that fits the bill.
  2. maybe try emailing this ebay shop and see if they will do what you're after.
    http://stores.ebay.com/NuSolis
  3. When you finish, you should post it, I'd like to see the finished product lol.
  4. ponchato said:
    Long story short I'm building a wearable Halo 3 armor costume, and I'd like to make the Security helmet. Here's a picture (it was originally called the Marathon helmet):
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w30/ponchato/marathon.jpg

The visor is gold, mirrored, and transparent from the inside. It's curved up/down and left/right. A gold motorcycle visor works for the normal helmet (the one Master Chief wears), but the security helmet is much too big.

Here's a picture of what I'm thinking of doing:
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w30/ponchato/SecurityGoldTint.png

The problem is, I don't know where I can get see-through, mirrored, gold acrylic glass (Plexiglas). Even after I find out where to get it or how to make it, I don't know if you can shape or mold tinted/mirrored Plexiglas. If it's not possible, can anyone recommend alternatives?

Edit: I found a site that has 1-way acrylic mirror sheets for sale. Here's a link. KMP-031 (the first of the 2 Way Acrylic Mirrors) fits the bill nicely; 12"x12", 1/16" thick, and only $8.70. Now, I just need to know if that can be molded. Once that's figured out, I need to know if it can be tinted gold. Once that's figured out, I need to know if the gold tint can be molded. Any idea if it's possible?

just try to find a Jet Fighter Helmet visor forsale add the gold tint you would find on cars
  5. can't wait to see the end result
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Security Video Games