Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Someone please offer me something. Need to sell.

Last response: in Deals
Share
March 17, 2012 10:03:39 PM

I have a computer that I'm selling. Had it for a little while. Gaming computer, built it myself, looking to start fresh. Please make me an offer. http://www.ebay.com/itm/140722854467?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

More about : offer sell

March 19, 2012 3:55:57 PM

Post specs on it. Not just on ebay, might draw some views.
March 19, 2012 8:52:45 PM

Yeah well the auction is over but I am still trying to sell it. Will post specs.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE OC
Heatsink: Cooler Master V6GT
GPU: HD 6870 Double D Edition
PSU: 500W Cooler Master 80+ Certified
HDD: 250GB 7200RPM Hitachi (will throw in the other 500GB WD HDD instead if someone is interested.)
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz CL9
Mother Board: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Black ( I did a custom case side mod on it, that can be replaced with the original if necessary, just doesn't quite fit with the V6GT)
CD/DVD: lightscribe DVD/MULTI +recorder /R DL + W/DVD+R DL

In the case is the regular standard NZXT exhaust fan in the back, 2 blue LED 120mm fans, one on top, one on side both with an analog fan controller in the back, 2 15" blue cold cathode lights hooked up to a sound sensitive device, an NZXT 2m green LED strip. The cold cathodes can be turned on continuous, turned off, or turned to sound sensitive mode. The LED strip has 3 different levels of brightness, or can be turned off. When the fans are adjusted the brightness turns down. The V6GT has a small blue led light inside that adds a nice accent. In total in the case there are 8 fans (3 case, 2 on the V6GT, 2 on the 6870, and one on the PSU) Please let me know if you are interested or know any one who might be. Just make me an offer. I will also be including all the extra thumb screws, mother board screws, etc. Basically everything that any component in this computer came with.
Related resources
March 20, 2012 1:11:15 PM

Thing is the system you are selling is getting pretty dated (970 chipset MOBOs are not being sold anymore for the most part) and the items in it are currently selling at quite lower prices than what you invested (ie. a quick look through Newegg comes to $565 -- $125 for CPU, $160 for GPU, +\- $50 MOBO, $60 CPU cooler - though the hyper 212+ is only $20 currently, $50 RAM, $40 case, $30 PSU, $20 DVD, $30 HDD ) -- sure that does not include some of the extras like the OS, Extra fans, thumb screws etc. but when reselling you can't really expect to get Retail prices for a used system.

I know it's hard to hear but if you really need to sell you might need to reexamine the price you are asking. OR consider keeping the reuseable pieces and selling off the other bundled parts individually rather than starting Fresh on the new build saving some on the new build and still recouping some of the old investment.
March 21, 2012 12:33:34 AM

My bad. I meant $190≠$160
March 21, 2012 12:46:04 AM

jrwizbang said:
Okay lets see. GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... I'm pretty sure $180≠$160. And I'm not expecting retail. For the parts alone yes it is like $585 or something like that, but it has a case mod, a $15 LED strip, and some quite decent fans.


Sure exact brand may be $190 but even then there is the $20 MIR on it making the final investment $170 or there are others available for the $160 I listed (didn't notice the listing had the model of card !) -- Then the question comes up as to why Mod a $40 Case that is made with a lower quality chasis to begin with if your gonna invest time in modding a case at least start with high quality framing ?? And adding $145 over Full Retail for a few fans, a $15 LED strip and a case mod is a bit steep for a Used system.
March 21, 2012 1:22:55 AM

Cause that's what I had to work with. I have to make some kind of profit. And it's only 100 more, I decreased the price on the new ebay listing, and thus why I put it on here for someone to just make me an offer......
March 21, 2012 5:43:37 AM

If you value your mods that much, emphasize on the listing exactly what you did to it, maybe some photos of the work you did. To me, it looks like you just cut a hole on the side panel to fit the V6 GT which isn't what i'd really call a mod. Not a mod i'd value anyway, it's quite ghetto to be honest. Not everyone wants lighting, the whole green and blue theme is rather off-putting to me and is quite bright.

Hate to echo what JDFan said, but most of the parts are pretty dated. If it retails for $585 brand spankin new, you'd be lucky to get back what you paid and this is before eBay/Paypal fees. You're marking it up by $100+ because of a ghetto mod and some lights.

You're better off parting out individually. The 6870 and the ram might sell for a decent amount since they're the only parts that are still relevant.
March 21, 2012 6:00:27 AM

By my count, you could probably make $400 if you part it out and find the right buyer...maybe a bit less. But you'll probably only get $350 if you sell it all together.
March 21, 2012 9:06:57 PM

$350? Umm. Guys. Things get dated fast, but not that fast. Go on ebay and look at any computer with about the same specs as mine. The price I'm selling for is a steal compared to some of the others. Granted, the mod may look a bit "ghetto" but it doesnt have to be on all the time. Its easily removable and replaced by the original side panel. Also, look at it from a buyers perspective. Some one that doesnt know a whole lot about computers is gonna look at it and go OOH LIGHTS. Things are only worth as much as some one will pay for it, and in this case, I've already been offered ~$600 for it. I might think about parting it out, but I feel like I would get less because someone will see the part and go google shopping to some shady website and tell me "HEY LOOK I CAN GET FOR MUCH LESS MONEY HERE" But if it comes to it id be willing to take $550 at the lowest. Maybe a bit less if someone feels like trying to talk me down.
March 21, 2012 9:15:42 PM

jrwizbang said:
$350? Umm. Guys. Things get dated fast, but not that fast. Go on ebay and look at any computer with about the same specs as mine. The price I'm selling for is a steal compared to some of the others. Granted, the mod may look a bit "ghetto" but it doesnt have to be on all the time. Its easily removable and replaced by the original side panel. Also, look at it from a buyers perspective. Some one that doesnt know a whole lot about computers is gonna look at it and go OOH LIGHTS. Things are only worth as much as some one will pay for it, and in this case, I've already been offered ~$600 for it. I might think about parting it out, but I feel like I would get less because someone will see the part and go google shopping to some shady website and tell me "HEY LOOK I CAN GET FOR MUCH LESS MONEY HERE" But if it comes to it id be willing to take $550 at the lowest. Maybe a bit less if someone feels like trying to talk me down.


I'd like to echo what others have said, that case mod is quite "ghetto". Allowing the CPU cooler to sit outside of the case like that just looks silly. Does the original panel fit on there without that hole?
If you've already been offered around $600, why wouldn't you accept that right now? That's really as good as it's going to get. I don't understand having ~$600 offer, but be willing to be talked down to <550.
If you think people are going to be like "OOH LIGHTS" when spending $700 on one item online from someone they don't know, you're mistaken.
Finally, what kind of technical support warranty are you offering? That part is a little confusing for me.
March 21, 2012 9:20:39 PM

I was offered that much. But then they decided not to buy because one of their friends just like gave them a computer or something.
March 21, 2012 9:26:01 PM

Benthon said:
I'd like to echo what others have said, that case mod is quite "ghetto". Allowing the CPU cooler to sit outside of the case like that just looks silly. Does the original panel fit on there without that hole?
If you've already been offered around $600, why wouldn't you accept that right now? That's really as good as it's going to get. I don't understand having ~$600 offer, but be willing to be talked down to <550.
If you think people are going to be like "OOH LIGHTS" when spending $700 on one item online from someone they don't know, you're mistaken.
Finally, what kind of technical support warranty are you offering? That part is a little confusing for me.


Alright dude if youre just here to question everything then please don't post any more. If youre going to make an offer do so. If not then you have no reason to be here. As far as the tech support thing goes, basically just if anyone has any problems with the computer I'll give them help with it. And if you arent going to make any sort of offer, instead of just questioning, you could offer advice, like Dalauder
March 21, 2012 9:37:54 PM

jrwizbang said:
Alright dude if youre just here to question everything then please don't post any more. If youre going to make an offer do so. If not then you have no reason to be here. As far as the tech support thing goes, basically just if anyone has any problems with the computer I'll give them help with it. And if you arent going to make any sort of offer, instead of just questioning, you could offer advice, like Dalauder


The questions I asked... The original panel fitting and technical support warranty, are something everyone would be interested in. You should include your warranty specifications on your eBay page. :D 

Does the original panel fit? Who knows, maybe I'm interested and that's why I'm asking?
March 21, 2012 9:44:08 PM

Alright I will revise the tech support thing. I agree it is kind of iffy. And the original panel fits if you try hard enough. The only reason I did the case mod was because I had the materials lying around, and I wanted to see the led on the V6. It is very very very close though. Of course, you could always just cut a whole in the original panel. Actually I might just do that....
March 21, 2012 9:45:03 PM

Also I believe everyone is overlooking the fact that it has Windows 7 Ultimate X64
March 21, 2012 9:50:38 PM

Ahh damn it. It won't let me revise the description any more because there isn't enough time remaining on the item. However, this is what I wrote: I will provide full tech support of any kind for the first two weeks after delivery (meaning I will help solve any issues with the system) and will be willing to help with any troubles that you may have, though there should be none. After the first two weeks, I will provide limited tech support meaning simple problems such as not booting correctly or anything of the such for another two weeks. After he first four weeks I am not obligated to provide any tech support, but feel free to contact me if there are any issues and I may or may not offer assistance. I can provide any sort of proof or anything you want to show that it is working 100%. I insure all of my shipments and stick to my word. Just remember that all purchases are final.
March 21, 2012 9:51:28 PM

Probably shouldn't cut a hole in it yourself, that way if people don't like it they aren't stuck with that option.

EDIT: $65 for one month of limited customer service is pretty steep.
March 21, 2012 9:53:57 PM

Yeah I suppose so but the V6 is just so close that it's scary.
March 21, 2012 10:06:17 PM

jrwizbang said:
Yeah I suppose so but the V6 is just so close that it's scary.


If someone wanted to replace the cooler with something lower profile, they'd be stuck with a hole. :\
March 21, 2012 10:25:29 PM

Benthon said:
If someone wanted to replace the cooler with something lower profile, they'd be stuck with a hole. :\


Very good point.
March 22, 2012 1:21:02 AM

jrwizbang said:
Also I believe everyone is overlooking the fact that it has Windows 7 Ultimate X64


Is it a Legit copy (most Ultimate versions placed on home builds are rarely Legit !!) and does the case have the certification Label attached in case MS ever questions the legitimacy of the install ?? (If OEM and\or not fully Legit it does not add any value to the system since once you wanted to swap out the MOBO (which is currently one of the main parts holding back further upgrades) the license expires anyway plus you never know who else has the product key and might try to use it so really a used OS doesn't add much value.
!