Sign in with
Your question

MW2 multiple accounts?

Last response: in Video Games
November 10, 2009 7:21:59 AM

Hey guys

I got MW2 today and was wondering if my brother is gonna be able to play it as well with his own account somehow, or is he going to have to use my account/not play it at all? I'm new to this whole steam thing.

Thanks.

More about : mw2 multiple accounts

Anonymous
December 6, 2009 1:37:13 AM

Anyone?
m
l
December 7, 2009 2:31:35 AM

yes u can only have 1 profile as it stands, its bad i know, unless iw and steam got together and release a patch where all screwed
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2009 6:28:39 PM

well not really understanding the question, if you have one copy then it will be used under one account, it has always been this way. Not sure why you want to play the game under multiple accounts... If it has to do with the user name then you can always edit that info under your "Settings" tab in Steam .....
m
l
December 8, 2009 1:51:18 AM

OvrClkr said:
well not really understanding the question, if you have one copy then it will be used under one account, it has always been this way. Not sure why you want to play the game under multiple accounts... If it has to do with the user name then you can always edit that info under your "Settings" tab in Steam .....

In the multiplayer you earn XP to achieve levels. One day he might play the game and gain some levels, but the next day, his brother might play and he'd return to find that his brother had unlocked some stuff that he may of wanted to earn himself. Also, they cannot play a LAN game together unless his brother has it on another account, but of course, they got 1 copy of the game and 1 CD key. And obviously they can't sign in to the same account twice.
m
l
December 8, 2009 2:10:26 AM

ahh gotcha, yea would be nice to be able to do that... With steam it's a no-show, your brother will need another copy of MW2 or a PS3 if he want's to switch users....
m
l
December 8, 2009 9:27:38 AM

hitraj 47 said:
In the multiplayer you earn XP to achieve levels. One day he might play the game and gain some levels, but the next day, his brother might play and he'd return to find that his brother had unlocked some stuff that he may of wanted to earn himself. Also, they cannot play a LAN game together unless his brother has it on another account, but of course, they got 1 copy of the game and 1 CD key. And obviously they can't sign in to the same account twice.

I don't know about you, but I'd *love* it if someone would take my MW2 account and unlock anything. I *hate* having to unlock gameplay options. I think we should have access to all the weapons, perks, add-ons, etc as soon as we finish installation. Level the playing field!
m
l
!