MODERN WARFARE 2

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Hello my fellow PC gamers!

Im writing because Im very confused about all the dilema about Modern Warfare 2. Some people say its the worst thing that IW has taken out after the amazing hit of COD4. I really want to buy the game, but then again I dont want to get it and then feel like a total Idiot after spending $60. Also some friends from school got the game last night and said that they played it till 6am in SP mode. Some said that the story is so intense that they didnt want to go to sleep. How interesting. I really want to try it out. But then with all the things they have taken away from the PC version its a huge draw back. God this is so anoying. Can some one that has bought the game for the PC post something, a review or something that we the PC gamers can rely on. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

I hope not. Maybe an "Obama-like" character but to write the killing of any high profile real person into a video game is distasteful enough to make me not want to play it.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Are your friends in school console gamers or PC gamers? I ask because if I start to hear it has a great story line from PC gamers I might considers it - though probably not for $60. If it's coming from the console gamers I'm not going to bite on that. Let's, err, just say they tend not to have the same level of taste as your average PC gamer when it comes to these type things. (i.e. I heard from a lot of console gamers what a great game CODWaW was).

dcooie

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Don't buy it for PC. They took away dedicated servers, took away modding tools, took away lean controls, put a 9v9 limit on matchs, force you to use Steam, etc. and they still charge $60.0

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ohh yeahh Purplerat, my friends at school are Console Gamers. Im the only PC Gamer. Hey what is that "Steam" must have thing in order to play mean? Im confused. Is that like some kind of comersial or program. Ahhhhhh!!!!! I just hate that I have a Great Gaming Pc and these fools decide to cut things out on one of my favorite games. Its pisses me off!!!!!!! ANother big downer is the price, its $60+tax at Gamestop. It feels like Im buying a PS3 bluray game and the PC DVD ROM is not Bluray, that is so not rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Ok I made my decision. I'm going to wait untill the game drops about $15 off its "Now" price($60) and buy it then. Maybe in two months its going to have better gameplay and new patches or whatever. Who knows. The only thing I know is that I wont spend $60 on it, heck not, its too expensive. It's like buying a PS3 game.

overshocks

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
^Don't buy the game because of the following reasons.

1. No leans controls

2. Have to use Steam in order to play

3. 9vs9 max players

4. No dedicated servers

5. When the host leaves, you have to wait 3-5 seconds for it to find a new host..which means lag or stop during firefights..

6. Expensive

7. Not as good graphics as anticipated

8. Boring with 9vs9

I suggest you just "google" the game...to play it

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
9v9 is just pathetic for the COD series. Unless they really revamped the online multiplayer to favor some sort of coop versus (a la L4Ds 4v4 versus) it would just feel really lame to be limited to a 18 player max.

sparky13

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I can't speak for everyone here but the game is fantastic IMHO. I played all night yesterday, finished about half the campaign, dabbled in some MP and played some Spec Ops mode w/my buddy. The campaign mode is a rediculous amount of fun and there are some moments where you will say out loud "HOLY ***!" I'll give IW this, they have made the most insanely chaotic game ever. It's truly wacky in some points with the sheer amount of bullets/debris/enemies/friendlies on screen at once. I will say the story DEFINATELY takes a lot of 'suspension of desbelief' in some parts (supressing the russian army while on top of a taco bell was LOL funny to me). I had no trouble using IW matchmaking system the longest I waited was two minutes to get in a game and the UI was very clean and easy to navigate. No lag on my end FWIW. The real gem though seems to be Spec Ops mode, a 2 player coop mode where you can pick different missions to go through together. Very intense and focused gameplay you and a friend, great fun all around. I actually can't wait to go home so I can play some more!

Yes, I was pissed at spending 60 bucks for the first time on a PC game but I'm still getting a superior experience to what I would have gotten on my PS 3 (better graphics/keyboard and mouse control/ease of use with Steam integration). I'd say go for it you won't be dissapointed.

Sweet!!! I had figuered it would be awesome as well, but I purchased the the PS3 version just for the heck of it... Plus my nephew has been begging me like crazy so I went ahead.... The line at Game-Stop was ridiculuos, but well worth it [:lectrocrew:6]

bloodlust22

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
You can't be serious about how great this game is. It's nothing more then CoD 4 with updated maps and some icing. The graphics engine is the same engine in the last 2 Call of Duties which is outdated when compared to other FPS's. The multi player is a joke. LAG, LAG, LAG is about the best way too put it. You get randomly put into servers with clowns that must live on Mars. Either that or theres a new perk called "Warp" since that's what everyone including yourself seems too do all around the maps. What makes this worse is it's lagging down with all of 10-18 people. What a quality game this is. Not too mention if anyone uses Youtube there's already recorded PC hacks that people are pubbing servers with. Just what I want know. Shitty non-dedicated servers with asshats and now hackers that.....Oh.....Wait......A second, NO ONE can get rid of because NO ONE has any control except the money million dollar assholes. Considering the product and the $60 for the PC version, I would just stick with CoD 4. Better game, greater expandability.

Well I guess if you did play the game and you are posting legit info, I can give ya the benefit of the doubt. Console-wise, I had a blast and it is not the same as MW1, the GFX are better hands down, the AI is much more realistic and the overall gameplay is just better, no lag, nobody complaining, just some good ol non-stop fraggin :D ....

And the fact that you cannot cheat on the console version makes it even sweeter [:lectrocrew:6]

btw, SP was awesome as well.....

bloodlust22

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
Yes, my brother has the PC version which I spent a few hours last night trying to decide whether it was worth my money. I have not tried the console version, but then again I really don't care for FPS's on the consoles so I doubt I ever will.

I will agree with you on one thing. The Single player is alot of fun, I really have no issue with it. However, I would want to play this game on the MP not SP so that really restricts my opinion on the game.

I have been playing FPS games since 96, so of course my preference is a keyboard and mouse. That is the reason I purchased an adapter for my PS3, I only play the game with the keyboard and mouse. Never got used to the analog controller :non:

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Being the lucky few that has a gaming PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii - I have to make a decision all the time when I'm getting a game of which version I'm getting it for (PC or one of the consoles). Most of my friends have the 360, so I usually get games for that. One bad thing about the PC, when you stop playing the game, you can't sell it back. I exchange games all the time at GameStop or give them to my friends when I stop playing, so I'm usually choosing games for the console rather than the PC.

If you're intent on playing on the PC, the only reason would be not having to play on a controller. Yes, it sucks to play on a controller, but you get used to it.

Xbox 360 version has more server support. Paying to play online though with a Gold Xbox Live memberships is probably why.

PS3 version (which is the version of MW2 that I bought), unlike Xbox 360, you don't have to pay to play online by having a membership. However, an update this morning caused connections to the servers to go down. Also, the game gets laggy on certain moments when there's heavy processing. You can hear the PS3 chugging away, so it's not the connection.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

How's the mouse turning speed with the adapter? I think I tried once at a friend's house before, and the keyboard and mouse worked, but the problem was assigning hotkeys and turning with the mouse was always the same speed no matter how fast you moved it. Unlike a PC where you turn based on the speed you're moving the mouse.