Sign in with
Your question

MODERN WARFARE 2

Last response: in Video Games
November 10, 2009 6:21:18 PM

Hello my fellow PC gamers!

Im writing because Im very confused about all the dilema about Modern Warfare 2. Some people say its the worst thing that IW has taken out after the amazing hit of COD4. I really want to buy the game, but then again I dont want to get it and then feel like a total Idiot after spending $60. Also some friends from school got the game last night and said that they played it till 6am in SP mode. Some said that the story is so intense that they didnt want to go to sleep. How interesting. I really want to try it out. But then with all the things they have taken away from the PC version its a huge draw back. God this is so anoying. Can some one that has bought the game for the PC post something, a review or something that we the PC gamers can rely on. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

More about : modern warfare

November 10, 2009 6:23:12 PM

ohhh I also heard that Obama the president dies in the story mode of the game game. IS that true?
m
l
November 10, 2009 7:28:43 PM

importuner said:
ohhh I also heard that Obama the president dies in the story mode of the game game. IS that true?

I hope not. Maybe an "Obama-like" character but to write the killing of any high profile real person into a video game is distasteful enough to make me not want to play it.
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2009 7:49:54 PM

Are your friends in school console gamers or PC gamers? I ask because if I start to hear it has a great story line from PC gamers I might considers it - though probably not for $60. If it's coming from the console gamers I'm not going to bite on that. Let's, err, just say they tend not to have the same level of taste as your average PC gamer when it comes to these type things. (i.e. I heard from a lot of console gamers what a great game CODWaW was).
m
l
November 10, 2009 7:50:57 PM

Milos-stancene said:
cry baby

Is that in reference to my comment?
m
l
November 10, 2009 7:54:48 PM

Don't buy it for PC. They took away dedicated servers, took away modding tools, took away lean controls, put a 9v9 limit on matchs, force you to use Steam, etc. and they still charge $60.0
m
l
November 10, 2009 8:57:53 PM

Ohh yeahh Purplerat, my friends at school are Console Gamers. Im the only PC Gamer. Hey what is that "Steam" must have thing in order to play mean? Im confused. Is that like some kind of comersial or program. Ahhhhhh!!!!! I just hate that I have a Great Gaming Pc and these fools decide to cut things out on one of my favorite games. Its pisses me off!!!!!!! ANother big downer is the price, its $60+tax at Gamestop. It feels like Im buying a PS3 bluray game and the PC DVD ROM is not Bluray, that is so not rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
November 10, 2009 10:51:53 PM

Ok I made my decision. I'm going to wait untill the game drops about $15 off its "Now" price($60) and buy it then. Maybe in two months its going to have better gameplay and new patches or whatever. Who knows. The only thing I know is that I wont spend $60 on it, heck not, its too expensive. It's like buying a PS3 game.
m
l
November 11, 2009 3:57:06 AM

^Don't buy the game because of the following reasons.

1. No leans controls

2. Have to use Steam in order to play

3. 9vs9 max players

4. No dedicated servers

5. When the host leaves, you have to wait 3-5 seconds for it to find a new host..which means lag or stop during firefights..

6. Expensive

7. Not as good graphics as anticipated

8. Boring with 9vs9

I suggest you just "google" the game...to play it
m
l
November 11, 2009 4:04:26 AM

Yeah, they got no dedi on the MW2 for PC.
m
l
November 11, 2009 4:21:33 AM

aznshinobi said:
Yeah, they got no dedi on the MW2 for PC.

They got no dedicated server for ALL versions of the game; PC,360,PS3
m
l
November 11, 2009 10:51:10 AM

I have to agree I hate the no ded servers I mean 9v9 on pc it's a joke how boreing
m
l
November 11, 2009 12:55:33 PM

9v9 is just pathetic for the COD series. Unless they really revamped the online multiplayer to favor some sort of coop versus (a la L4Ds 4v4 versus) it would just feel really lame to be limited to a 18 player max.
m
l
November 11, 2009 2:33:11 PM

I bought it for my PS3 last night and it was a blast, specially using a keyboard and mouse... Can't wait to get home today....
m
l
November 11, 2009 2:51:49 PM

wait.. kb/m support for ps3?
m
l
November 11, 2009 3:37:44 PM

I can't speak for everyone here but the game is fantastic IMHO. I played all night yesterday, finished about half the campaign, dabbled in some MP and played some Spec Ops mode w/my buddy. The campaign mode is a rediculous amount of fun and there are some moments where you will say out loud "HOLY ***!" I'll give IW this, they have made the most insanely chaotic game ever. It's truly wacky in some points with the sheer amount of bullets/debris/enemies/friendlies on screen at once. I will say the story DEFINATELY takes a lot of 'suspension of desbelief' in some parts (supressing the russian army while on top of a taco bell was LOL funny to me). I had no trouble using IW matchmaking system the longest I waited was two minutes to get in a game and the UI was very clean and easy to navigate. No lag on my end FWIW. The real gem though seems to be Spec Ops mode, a 2 player coop mode where you can pick different missions to go through together. Very intense and focused gameplay you and a friend, great fun all around. I actually can't wait to go home so I can play some more!

Yes, I was pissed at spending 60 bucks for the first time on a PC game but I'm still getting a superior experience to what I would have gotten on my PS 3 (better graphics/keyboard and mouse control/ease of use with Steam integration). I'd say go for it you won't be dissapointed.
m
l
November 11, 2009 3:53:01 PM

sparky13 said:
I can't speak for everyone here but the game is fantastic IMHO. I played all night yesterday, finished about half the campaign, dabbled in some MP and played some Spec Ops mode w/my buddy. The campaign mode is a rediculous amount of fun and there are some moments where you will say out loud "HOLY ***!" I'll give IW this, they have made the most insanely chaotic game ever. It's truly wacky in some points with the sheer amount of bullets/debris/enemies/friendlies on screen at once. I will say the story DEFINATELY takes a lot of 'suspension of desbelief' in some parts (supressing the russian army while on top of a taco bell was LOL funny to me). I had no trouble using IW matchmaking system the longest I waited was two minutes to get in a game and the UI was very clean and easy to navigate. No lag on my end FWIW. The real gem though seems to be Spec Ops mode, a 2 player coop mode where you can pick different missions to go through together. Very intense and focused gameplay you and a friend, great fun all around. I actually can't wait to go home so I can play some more!

Yes, I was pissed at spending 60 bucks for the first time on a PC game but I'm still getting a superior experience to what I would have gotten on my PS 3 (better graphics/keyboard and mouse control/ease of use with Steam integration). I'd say go for it you won't be dissapointed.

Sweet!!! I had figuered it would be awesome as well, but I purchased the the PS3 version just for the heck of it... Plus my nephew has been begging me like crazy so I went ahead.... The line at Game-Stop was ridiculuos, but well worth it [:lectrocrew:6]
m
l
November 11, 2009 5:04:32 PM

You can't be serious about how great this game is. It's nothing more then CoD 4 with updated maps and some icing. The graphics engine is the same engine in the last 2 Call of Duties which is outdated when compared to other FPS's. The multi player is a joke. LAG, LAG, LAG is about the best way too put it. You get randomly put into servers with clowns that must live on Mars. Either that or theres a new perk called "Warp" since that's what everyone including yourself seems too do all around the maps. What makes this worse is it's lagging down with all of 10-18 people. What a quality game this is. Not too mention if anyone uses Youtube there's already recorded PC hacks that people are pubbing servers with. Just what I want know. Shitty non-dedicated servers with asshats and now hackers that.....Oh.....Wait......A second, NO ONE can get rid of because NO ONE has any control except the money million dollar assholes. Considering the product and the $60 for the PC version, I would just stick with CoD 4. Better game, greater expandability.
m
l
November 11, 2009 5:17:11 PM

bloodlust22 said:
You can't be serious about how great this game is. It's nothing more then CoD 4 with updated maps and some icing. The graphics engine is the same engine in the last 2 Call of Duties which is outdated when compared to other FPS's. The multi player is a joke. LAG, LAG, LAG is about the best way too put it. You get randomly put into servers with clowns that must live on Mars. Either that or theres a new perk called "Warp" since that's what everyone including yourself seems too do all around the maps. What makes this worse is it's lagging down with all of 10-18 people. What a quality game this is. Not too mention if anyone uses Youtube there's already recorded PC hacks that people are pubbing servers with. Just what I want know. Shitty non-dedicated servers with asshats and now hackers that.....Oh.....Wait......A second, NO ONE can get rid of because NO ONE has any control except the money million dollar assholes. Considering the product and the $60 for the PC version, I would just stick with CoD 4. Better game, greater expandability.

Well I guess if you did play the game and you are posting legit info, I can give ya the benefit of the doubt. Console-wise, I had a blast and it is not the same as MW1, the GFX are better hands down, the AI is much more realistic and the overall gameplay is just better, no lag, nobody complaining, just some good ol non-stop fraggin :D  ....

And the fact that you cannot cheat on the console version makes it even sweeter [:lectrocrew:6]

btw, SP was awesome as well.....
m
l
November 11, 2009 5:58:23 PM

Yes, my brother has the PC version which I spent a few hours last night trying to decide whether it was worth my money. I have not tried the console version, but then again I really don't care for FPS's on the consoles so I doubt I ever will.

I will agree with you on one thing. The Single player is alot of fun, I really have no issue with it. However, I would want to play this game on the MP not SP so that really restricts my opinion on the game.
m
l
November 11, 2009 6:18:33 PM

bloodlust22 said:
Yes, my brother has the PC version which I spent a few hours last night trying to decide whether it was worth my money. I have not tried the console version, but then again I really don't care for FPS's on the consoles so I doubt I ever will.

I will agree with you on one thing. The Single player is alot of fun, I really have no issue with it. However, I would want to play this game on the MP not SP so that really restricts my opinion on the game.

I have been playing FPS games since 96, so of course my preference is a keyboard and mouse. That is the reason I purchased an adapter for my PS3, I only play the game with the keyboard and mouse. Never got used to the analog controller :non: 
m
l
November 11, 2009 6:27:05 PM

Being the lucky few that has a gaming PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii - I have to make a decision all the time when I'm getting a game of which version I'm getting it for (PC or one of the consoles). Most of my friends have the 360, so I usually get games for that. One bad thing about the PC, when you stop playing the game, you can't sell it back. I exchange games all the time at GameStop or give them to my friends when I stop playing, so I'm usually choosing games for the console rather than the PC.

If you're intent on playing on the PC, the only reason would be not having to play on a controller. Yes, it sucks to play on a controller, but you get used to it.

Xbox 360 version has more server support. Paying to play online though with a Gold Xbox Live memberships is probably why.

PS3 version (which is the version of MW2 that I bought), unlike Xbox 360, you don't have to pay to play online by having a membership. However, an update this morning caused connections to the servers to go down. Also, the game gets laggy on certain moments when there's heavy processing. You can hear the PS3 chugging away, so it's not the connection.
m
l
November 11, 2009 6:31:35 PM

OvrClkr said:
You need this adapter :

Max Shooter :
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/max-shooter-keyboard-mouse-ad...

How's the mouse turning speed with the adapter? I think I tried once at a friend's house before, and the keyboard and mouse worked, but the problem was assigning hotkeys and turning with the mouse was always the same speed no matter how fast you moved it. Unlike a PC where you turn based on the speed you're moving the mouse.
m
l
November 11, 2009 6:38:57 PM

Well that normally happens when the game is one day old, I have a 360 as well and play some tiltles online and as long as both my PS3 and 360 are hard-wired and not wireless, I never see any lag whatsoever, maybe a lag spike every once in a while but that is about it. When I first purchased GT5 I had the same thing happen where I would see some connection issues here n there... Once they patched it up and provided several updates all the issues dissapeared.
Both my PS3 and 360 lag when there is too much going on at the same time, this is normal operation for both consoles. It does not happen very often though....
m
l
November 11, 2009 6:45:43 PM

El_Capitan said:
How's the mouse turning speed with the adapter? I think I tried once at a friend's house before, and the keyboard and mouse worked, but the problem was assigning hotkeys and turning with the mouse was always the same speed no matter how fast you moved it. Unlike a PC where you turn based on the speed you're moving the mouse.

I use a g-5 mouse and the middle setting happens to be the same for the PC and PS3. There is also a mouse sensitivity button on the adapter just in case ;)  . It can also map all the PS3 controller keys (including both analog sticks) to any key of the mouse and keyboard if you desire. As far as mapping hotkeys, once the adapter is connected you go into the options and re-assign any key you want...
m
l
November 11, 2009 7:04:42 PM

OvrClkr said:
Well that normally happens when the game is one day old, I have a 360 as well and play some tiltles online and as long as both my PS3 and 360 are hard-wired and not wireless, I never see any lag whatsoever, maybe a lag spike every once in a while but that is about it. When I first purchased GT5 I had the same thing happen where I would see some connection issues here n there... Once they patched it up and provided several updates all the issues dissapeared.
Both my PS3 and 360 lag when there is too much going on at the same time, this is normal operation for both consoles. It does not happen very often though....

I also only use an ethernet connection and not wireless when playing online. The only connection lags you'll see is when the game chooses someone with a bad connection to host the game. I don't know what the metrics are that the game uses to decide who should host, but it seems like they get it right 80% of the time. The 20% of the time it chooses wrong, it sucks to play.
m
l
November 11, 2009 7:06:33 PM

OvrClkr said:
I use a g-5 mouse and the middle setting happens to be the same for the PC and PS3. There is also a mouse sensitivity button on the adapter just in case ;)  . It can also map all the PS3 controller keys (including both analog sticks) to any key of the mouse and keyboard if you desire. As far as mapping hotkeys, once the adapter is connected you go into the options and re-assign any key you want...

Hmm, that's interesting. I may have to look into that. I have the same mouse, so it'd good to know it works with that mouse.
m
l
November 11, 2009 7:16:19 PM

It works with any mouse, well havent tried with a wireless but I don't game with any wireless products exept for the headset.

Of course the feel is not exactly the same as on your own PC. But it's very close and accurate, no complaints here....
m
l
November 11, 2009 7:20:28 PM

This game rocks but I dont have my $60 yet. Ahhh what am I going to do everyone has it..... lol
m
l
November 11, 2009 7:37:09 PM

The poll's closed.
m
l
November 11, 2009 9:32:39 PM

bloodlust22 said:

I am actually very serious about how great this game is. Have you seen the reviews on metacritic?

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/moder...;title;1

Do you actually think ALL these reviewers were 'paid off' by Activision and IW? No, I didn't think so. Your comment about the graphics engine being outdated is only partially correct. Sure, it's build upon an established engine that was created for COD 4. So what, it has evolved. COD MW 2 looks incredible, it's inarguable I would even say. The textures are gritty and realistic, the art direction is fantastic, the facial models look very good, the animation looks sometimes strikingly realistic, and best of all the framerate is as smooth as silk with up to 40 NPCs on the screen at once. What you call 'outdated' I call a well thought out and optimized piece of next generation game code. One more thing, what other FPS games are you comparing it to? Crysis? Wolfenstein? S.T.A.L.K.E.R? L4D? I would say that on an 'uber rig,' yes, Crysis will look better than MW 2 but not by leaps and bounds. I'm sorry but in reading your comment I don't think you have actually played the game for yourself and are going along with what 'the hate MW 2 bandwagoners' have been saying before even playing the game. :p 
m
l
November 11, 2009 10:33:44 PM

I'm considering to purchase a copy but..because of the matchmaking instead of having manually join the servers in MW1 = can't join my buddies in a single server and 9v9? its still not enough to push me to buy it..
m
l
November 12, 2009 2:26:42 AM

Ok ppl, just relax for a bit, the game is great. The story mode is packed with a ton of adrenaline rushed scenes and very dramatic. This game has becomed my must have of the fall. Yeahh it's true the multiplayer has lost some great pointers and has been dumbed down a few notches but we have to take in consideration that the game can't be perfect, we leave that to Crysis 2 for PC(There is where the real money is beeing invested ). But lets face it the game has been made with great care and detail. I'm a PC gamer myself and I don't like the fact that when I buy it Im going to have to use Steam and 9v9 Online Play. However the Story mode compensates for an adrenaline rush summer movie. Its basically a movie where you control the moves and stunts beeing performed. I love the gameplay. My friend owns it and what can I say, he played from 2pm -2am last night. So lets leave the negative comments and start saving for the game in case we don't have it yet. And those who decide not to buy it, thats fine, there is a load of great PC game coming our way this fall and spring of 2010.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33ghz
Nvidia GTX 260 FOC 856mb XFX
4gb DDR2 RAM @800mhz
750WTT
500GB HDD
Guys this is just my oppinon. I respect all of yall, XFX Play Hard.
m
l
November 12, 2009 2:17:49 PM

My Girlfriend got it for PC. I played the online with IWnet for about 2 hours then went and got my copy. It sorta sucks there is no dedicated , but IW net makes it way easier to play with your friends VIA steam friends. So far i havent had a problem with Lag either . The game works fine.
m
l
November 12, 2009 7:14:23 PM

Ha Ha nice MGDjoker, there is nothing better than playing MODW2 with your girlfriend. The game runs fine on other pc's so by tomorrow I think I'm going to have the $60. Cant wait to play online.
m
l
November 12, 2009 7:21:38 PM

Yea im gettin my copy tomorrow also....

had too much fun playing the game on the PS3......
m
l
November 12, 2009 9:38:20 PM

Great seems to me that the answer has been found, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a great game, for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. But come on lets face it its all about the PC right guys????? Hell yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

XFX Play Hard
m
l
November 13, 2009 7:47:40 AM

importuner said:
Hello my fellow PC gamers!

Im writing because Im very confused about all the dilema about Modern Warfare 2. Some people say its the worst thing that IW has taken out after the amazing hit of COD4. I really want to buy the game, but then again I dont want to get it and then feel like a total Idiot after spending $60. Also some friends from school got the game last night and said that they played it till 6am in SP mode. Some said that the story is so intense that they didnt want to go to sleep. How interesting. I really want to try it out. But then with all the things they have taken away from the PC version its a huge draw back. God this is so anoying. Can some one that has bought the game for the PC post something, a review or something that we the PC gamers can rely on. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the pool
m
l
November 16, 2009 12:05:39 PM

???? Wtf? I don't think that Activision and Infinity Ward really cared about aiming towards the PCs here. It seems to me that the MW series (if it will continue) is aiming towards more console side gaming, not PC. And even if PCs had no dedi, so don't consoles and COD4 didn't have dedi either, i'm pretty sure.
m
l
November 16, 2009 12:52:49 PM

aznshinobi said:
???? Wtf? I don't think that Activision and Infinity Ward really cared about aiming towards the PCs here. It seems to me that the MW series (if it will continue) is aiming towards more console side gaming, not PC. And even if PCs had no dedi, so don't consoles and COD4 didn't have dedi either, i'm pretty sure.

The proof is in the pudding.
m
l
November 16, 2009 1:01:17 PM

With Captain Price and Soap alive I think there will be Modern warfare 3.
m
l
November 16, 2009 5:32:20 PM

Quote:
I bought it at Wal-mart.com for $60 and you get a free $20 E-gift card, which I already used toward a b-day present for someone else.

$60 - $20 = $40 Modern Warfare 2, so it sounds kinda dumb to hear you say you are going to wait for it to drop to $45 before you buy it. LOL.

Is that being advertised anywhere? Hadn't heard anything about any deals for this game yet. Sounds like you got lucky with some sort of deal so I wouldn't consider it "stupid" for others to wait until we can all get it discounted.
m
l
November 16, 2009 5:37:12 PM

I played as far as the battle for the White house on the PC version and I really enjoyed myself. Some of the battles are insane. The game is fun and thats enough for me.
m
l
November 16, 2009 6:02:17 PM

Can somebody tell me if it's posssible to install the game on 2 pcs, so I can play it when I'm at the office ?
m
l
!