signal problems

Hi there I'm having some problems with my wireless network. I have a belkin
802.11b wireless router which is sharing a net connection throughout the
house (4 people). My computer is on the ground floor, and is probably about
10 feet away from the router through a wall - not solid brick. I am using a
belkin 802.11b wireless USB adapter. The signal strength is normally very
low and often drops out for a few seconds. Why would this be? All the other
computers in rooms upstairs are picking up perfect signals? is my adapter
duff or is it something else?

"Iain Dingsdale" <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in

> Why would this be? All the other
> computers in rooms upstairs are picking up perfect signals? is my
> adapter duff or is it something else?

Cordless phone?

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

Try changing the channel number of the access point and see if things
improve. Also, try re-orienting the access point -- turn 90 degrees, mount
it higher, etc.

Jeff

"Iain Dingsdale" <iaindingsdale@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi there I'm having some problems with my wireless network. I have a
> belkin 802.11b wireless router which is sharing a net connection
> throughout the house (4 people). My computer is on the ground floor, and
> is probably about 10 feet away from the router through a wall - not solid
> brick. I am using a belkin 802.11b wireless USB adapter. The signal
> strength is normally very low and often drops out for a few seconds. Why
> would this be? All the other computers in rooms upstairs are picking up
> perfect signals? is my adapter duff or is it something else?

TRENDING THREADS