Fps way lower in COD2 than in Counterstrike etc

volanis

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
ok first of all i have a laptop that I know I can't play cod4 or bf2 in, but I tried to play cod2 on it and it was so slow in multiplayer with all the settings turned down. But in counterstrike etc it was perfect.
here's my specs

radeon express 200m
1 g ram
amd64 3400+

Solution

That pretty much makes sense. Even though COD2 is older it's not as dated as CS and your system is way below spec for anything past the CS era.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006

That pretty much makes sense. Even though COD2 is older it's not as dated as CS and your system is way below spec for anything past the CS era.

Solution

volanis

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
ok thanks, that's what I thought.. i just wanted to make sure the system was doing what it should be doing. unfortunately that includes 'not' running cod2..i wonder what RTCW would run like; used to love that game. I mean, my main pc is what i use to play all the new games but that's down in the basement, whereas my laptop is right here in my living room where it's warm and fuzzy. I was trying to avoid bringing the Beat upstairs, but looks like i'll have to now....

If you've lowered all the settings and set it to 640*480, ensured AA is disabled and textures are minimum, also ensure that it is set to use DX7 not "auto" or DX9. This is how it became playable for me on my old laptop using an nvidia 6100. Although, the 200m is worse than the 6100.