Numbers pad malfunction

I recently upgraded from 98se to xp. The numbers pad on my old keyboard,
which worked by default in 98 seems to be disoriented in xp. It works in
editors, but won't work properly in browser forms. The keyboard section of
the control panel doesn't have adjustments for this problem.
3 answers Last reply
More about numbers malfunction

    Is the Num Lock key light on? Press the Num Lock key and see what happens.

    Windows will remember the status of Num Lock, and enable it on the next
    boot.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:AK9Ee.1117$Oy5.37@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com,
    Primal Oooze <primeooze@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

    > Is the Num Lock key light on? Press the Num Lock key and see what
    happens.

    Wow, that was it. Thanks. I should have noticed that. It must have gotten
    turned off and has been booting up that way ever since.

    There's always something. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:UrdEe.2073$lX2.66@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com,
    Primal Oooze <primeooze@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Is the Num Lock key light on? Press the Num Lock key and see what
    >> happens.
    >>

    > Wow, that was it. Thanks. I should have noticed that. It must have gotten
    > turned off and has been booting up that way ever since.

Windows XP Keyboards