Device manager with yellow sign?

My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
manager and observed the following:
Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
Controller
Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:

Under Field Value
Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller

Device Resources
IRQ 09
Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF

I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about device manager yellow sign

    Please provide information about your computer and the service pack level of
    XP.

    "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
    > manager and observed the following:
    > Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
    > Controller
    > Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
    >
    > Under Field Value
    > Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    > Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
    > PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
    >
    > Device Resources
    > IRQ 09
    > Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
    >
    > I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
    > Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
    > Thanks in advance.

    If its an intel based board,go to intel.com,downloads,software or chip-sets
    soft-
    ware,select,chipset installation utility,download and install the latest.If
    you have
    intel graphics,download the drivers also.After restart,open device
    mgr,scroll down
    to usb controller,R.click,update drivers.

    "igno" wrote:

    > My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
    > manager and observed the following:
    > Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
    > Controller
    > Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
    >
    > Under Field Value
    > Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    > Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
    > PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
    >
    > Device Resources
    > IRQ 09
    > Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
    >
    > I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
    > Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your computer
    or motherboard and download the motherboard chipset drivers
    and install them.

    If you have an Intel processor and chipset:

    Intel Chipset Installation:
    http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/index.htm

    General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "igno" wrote:

    | My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
    | manager and observed the following:
    | Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
    | Controller
    | Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
    |
    | Under Field Value
    | Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    | Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
    | PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
    |
    | Device Resources
    | IRQ 09
    | Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
    |
    | I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
    | Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
    | Thanks in advance.

    Thank You very much for your valued guidance.
    I downloaded chipset installation utility from Intel and while
    installing it, it asked for a file usbenchi.sys, that was not available
    in my computer. So chipset installation utility got canceled. Now the
    device manager did not show SEPARATELY any Unknown with yellow mark ----
    instead it got under the group "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" now
    with a yellow sign.

    Googled for (usbenchi.sys) and from one of the posts could find the file
    from DriverGuide.com. After download and updated the driver of this
    yellow item and that was it. SO no yellow anywhere.
    Thanks again for the guidance. I would also like to pay Thanks to all
    those in the thread that gave guidance.
    igno

    Andrew E. wrote:
    > If its an intel based board,go to intel.com,downloads,software or chip-sets
    > soft-
    > ware,select,chipset installation utility,download and install the latest.If
    > you have
    > intel graphics,download the drivers also.After restart,open device
    > mgr,scroll down
    > to usb controller,R.click,update drivers.
    >
    > "igno" wrote:
    >

    >>My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
    >>manager and observed the following:
    >>Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
    >>Controller
    >>Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
    >>
    >>Under Field Value
    >>Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    >>Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
    >>PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
    >>
    >>Device Resources
    >>IRQ 09
    >>Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
    >>
    >>I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
    >>Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
    >>Thanks in advance.

Device Manager USB Devices Windows XP