Device manager with yellow sign?

July 23, 2005 3:23:00 PM

My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
manager and observed the following:
Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
Controller
Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:

Under Field Value
Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller

Device Resources
IRQ 09
Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF

I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:23:01 PM

Please provide information about your computer and the service pack level of
XP.

"igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
> manager and observed the following:
> Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
> Controller
> Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
>
> Under Field Value
> Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
> Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
> PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
>
> Device Resources
> IRQ 09
> Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
>
> I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
> Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
> Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 3:23:01 PM

If its an intel based board,go to intel.com,downloads,software or chip-sets
soft-
ware,select,chipset installation utility,download and install the latest.If
you have
intel graphics,download the drivers also.After restart,open device
mgr,scroll down
to usb controller,R.click,update drivers.

"igno" wrote:

> My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
> manager and observed the following:
> Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
> Controller
> Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
>
> Under Field Value
> Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
> Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
> PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
>
> Device Resources
> IRQ 09
> Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
>
> I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
> Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
> Thanks in advance.

July 23, 2005 3:23:01 PM

Visit the support website of the manufacturer of your computer
or motherboard and download the motherboard chipset drivers
and install them.

If you have an Intel processor and chipset:

Intel Chipset Installation:
http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/i...

General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310575

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"igno" wrote:

| My pc at the moment is going well. Just was going through the Device
| manager and observed the following:
| Yellow sign ?Unknown, after expansion it is--Universal Serian Bus (USB)
| Controller
| Further exploring this (through Everest) gave the following information:
|
| Under Field Value
| Driver Description Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
| Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DD&SUBSYS_42468086&REV_02
| PCI Device Intel 8280IEB(M)ICH5(-M)-Enhanced USB Controller
|
| Device Resources
| IRQ 09
| Memory FFA7FCOO-FFa&FFFF
|
| I did uninstall/reboot but again it shows the same picture.
| Any guidance please as to how could the yellow sign go?
| Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:27:04 AM

Thank You very much for your valued guidance.
I downloaded chipset installation utility from Intel and while
installing it, it asked for a file usbenchi.sys, that was not available
in my computer. So chipset installation utility got canceled. Now the
device manager did not show SEPARATELY any Unknown with yellow mark ----
instead it got under the group "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" now
with a yellow sign.

Googled for (usbenchi.sys) and from one of the posts could find the file
from DriverGuide.com. After download and updated the driver of this
yellow item and that was it. SO no yellow anywhere.
Thanks again for the guidance. I would also like to pay Thanks to all
those in the thread that gave guidance.
igno

!