DIRECT X HELP PLZ

Jameskitchen93

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Hello

Sorry ive read the forum about dirext 9 because i have windows 7 now and i need to play games that require Direct X 9 ive tried everydownload tht is possible but doesnt work the problem i have is when i download it it says where to place extracted files and i dont kno where to put it and it has confused me for a week now and i dont kno whats going on so that i am able to start playing games tht require Dirext X 9 witch i already have Direct 11 on here

can u plz help me

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
DirectX9 games should work on Win7 w/o installing DX9 updates from Microsoft. However, I have solved DX9 problems on Win7 by installing the DX9 updates. This is the update that you need. Run that as an administrator. It may say that it failed to install properly, but it has worked for me even with those error messages. Hope this fixes your problem.

Jameskitchen93

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Direct X setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of direct X has been installed already, No instalation is necessary

I installed it then it said that i went to my game and it sed i dont have Direct X 9 installed still the problem there:S

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
1) Just want to make sure you ran the DX9 setup as an administrator.
2) Try running the game in XP compatibility mode. (Go to the primary game executable, right-click>Properties>Compatibility tab.)
3) Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
4) What game is failing? And is it failing when you try to install the game, or run it?

Jameskitchen93

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010

(Go to the primary game executable, right-click>Properties>Compatibility tab.)

??? how do i do that:S do u have msn or anything that i can add you can talk to me on there so its easier and faster?

Jameskitchen93

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
No it is an online game called Special force ive already downloaded the game i just cant loging because in order to play i need Direct X 9 witch pops out on the login place whene ver i click it to try play downlaoded the game fine its just this Direct X 9 that im having problems downloading to try and plya my game

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Ok, so open up Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files if you're on a 32-bit system or C:\Program Files (x86) if you're on a 64-bit system. The installation folder of the game should be there. In that folder (the game's installation folder, that is) should be the game's executable to which you can apply the compatibility settings.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
It shouldn't say that! There's nothing to extract for the download I pointed you to; it's just a program that you run. What are you trying to extract?
EDIT: I'm going to be busy for a while. Maybe someone else could help you in the meantime...