Sign in with
Your question

Stability Testing Advice Sought

Last response: in Motherboards
August 24, 2003 11:04:14 PM

I've just finished putting together my first computer and everything seems to work well. But, I've read that I should do some stability testing before I say, "job well done". Anyone have any advice on what I should do to test for this and for how long? Here are my specs-

P4 2.6C
MSI 865PE Neo2
1G Kingston Hyperx PC3500
128MB Leadtek Geforce FX5900
Windows XP
August 25, 2003 2:50:32 AM

I usually loop 3dMark overnight then perhaps Sandra's burn ins for memory and CPU for a few hours. Though I wouldn't be too concerned with stability unless you're overclocking. In all probability your system will be fine.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.
August 25, 2003 6:12:07 AM

Prime95 torture test to abuse your CPU; Memtest86 to overwork your RAM; ATTO to freak out your hdd; loop 3DMark03 to stress the GPU; Sandra Burn-in to burn your rig in hell.

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
Related resources
August 26, 2003 4:27:04 AM

How do I get 3DMark03 to loop? It doesn't seem to be an option unless I'm registered. ANY advice would be useful...
!