Change Registered User Name

July 23, 2005 5:58:43 PM

My 'computer guy' installed WinXP Professional SP2 on my newly-constructed
computer last week. I was disappointed to note that he registered the
end-user license agreement under my nickname, rather than my given name,
which I would have preferred. Is there any way at this point to change the
'registered to' name to my correct name. Thanks for any help that can be
offered. Sanford

More about : change registered user

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 8:08:18 PM

Change the Computer's Registered Owner in Windows XP
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
and hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sanford" wrote:

| My 'computer guy' installed WinXP Professional SP2 on my newly-constructed
| computer last week. I was disappointed to note that he registered the
| end-user license agreement under my nickname, rather than my given name,
| which I would have preferred. Is there any way at this point to change the
| 'registered to' name to my correct name. Thanks for any help that can be
| offered. Sanford
July 23, 2005 8:08:19 PM

Doug Knox's utility worker perfectly. Thank you very much. Sanford

!