Change Registered User Name

My 'computer guy' installed WinXP Professional SP2 on my newly-constructed
computer last week. I was disappointed to note that he registered the
end-user license agreement under my nickname, rather than my given name,
which I would have preferred. Is there any way at this point to change the
'registered to' name to my correct name. Thanks for any help that can be
offered. Sanford
2 answers Last reply
More about change registered user name

    Change the Computer's Registered Owner in Windows XP
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

    Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
    and hit enter.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sanford" wrote:

    | My 'computer guy' installed WinXP Professional SP2 on my newly-constructed
    | computer last week. I was disappointed to note that he registered the
    | end-user license agreement under my nickname, rather than my given name,
    | which I would have preferred. Is there any way at this point to change the
    | 'registered to' name to my correct name. Thanks for any help that can be
    | offered. Sanford

    Doug Knox's utility worker perfectly. Thank you very much. Sanford

    > Change the Computer's Registered Owner in Windows XP
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm
    >
    > Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
    > and hit enter.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Sanford" wrote:
    >
    > | My 'computer guy' installed WinXP Professional SP2 on my
    > newly-constructed
    > | computer last week. I was disappointed to note that he registered the
    > | end-user license agreement under my nickname, rather than my given name,
    > | which I would have preferred. Is there any way at this point to change
    > the
    > | 'registered to' name to my correct name. Thanks for any help that can
    > be
    > | offered. Sanford

Computers Microsoft Windows XP