help!! I need to know how to share things between two comp..

Gabe

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003

item details
2 X PC's running XP pro SP2
1 X Router
1 X ADSL modem

config:
2 X PC's and ADSL modem are connected to the router

Problem:

Both PC's can access the internet successfully, however, I dont know how to
establish file and printer sharing between the 2 PC's. What do I do???????

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

Under the section called "Troubleshooting & Tutorials" you will find:

.. Networking

steve

Gabe wrote:
> item details
> 2 X PC's running XP pro SP2
> 1 X Router
> 1 X ADSL modem
>
> config:
> 2 X PC's and ADSL modem are connected to the router
>
> Problem:
>
> Both PC's can access the internet successfully, however, I dont know how to
> establish file and printer sharing between the 2 PC's. What do I do???????

On each WinXP PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
properly. Also, make sure that WinXP's built-in firewall
is disabled on the internal LAN connection.

Usually, WinXP's Networking Wizard makes it simple and painless --
almost entirely automatic, in fact. There's a lot of useful,
easy-to-follow information in WinXP's Help & Support files, and here:

Home Networking
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/homenet/default.asp

Networking Information
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

PracticallyNetworked Home
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

dl

File sharing/network wizard?
winxp help?

"Gabe" <Gabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> item details
> 2 X PC's running XP pro SP2
> 1 X Router
> 1 X ADSL modem
>
> config:
> 2 X PC's and ADSL modem are connected to the router
>
> Problem:
>
> Both PC's can access the internet successfully, however, I dont know how
> establish file and printer sharing between the 2 PC's. What do I do???????

Click start>run> type " %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe
hnetwiz.dll,HomeNetWizardRunDll " (without the quotes) press enter, follow
the prompts. Do the same for the other pc.

"Gabe" <Gabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> item details
> 2 X PC's running XP pro SP2
> 1 X Router
> 1 X ADSL modem
>
> config:
> 2 X PC's and ADSL modem are connected to the router
>
> Problem:
>
> Both PC's can access the internet successfully, however, I dont know how
> establish file and printer sharing between the 2 PC's. What do I do???????

Gabe

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2003

Thank you to all for your help. Its working now!