Sign in with
Your question

What version of MW2 did you buy?

Last response: in Video Games

What version of MW2 did you buy?

Total: 21 votes (3 blank votes)

• For the PC...... I know.... don't remind me....
  • 45 %
  • For the PS3
  • 12 %
  • For the 360
  • 0 %
  • Didn't bother.....
  • 45 %
November 11, 2009 7:46:05 PM

So last night I went ahead and got me a copy for the PS3. The servers were packed and it seemed to run pretty good dispite only one update. Anyone else purchase the game besides me?

More about : version mw2 buy

November 11, 2009 8:12:47 PM

For the PS3 only because friends playing it are people with the PS3 and not the Xbox 360 for some reason. Plus, can give away, sell, or exchange a console game after I stop playing it easier than I can with a PC game (along with other reasons not to get the PC version).
November 11, 2009 8:16:44 PM

My neighbor purchased it for the 360 and he said there were TONZ of peeps online....

Related resources
November 11, 2009 9:18:15 PM

My friends have it for both the PS3 and 360 and say it runs very well, and fun as hell. the game is great. Im impresed.
November 12, 2009 1:56:12 AM

I bought it for the pc.....yup you may flame me.

I've been playing the campaign for a couple of hours and it's pretty darn great so far. But as every pc-owner already know multiplayer has been dumbed down to a console-friendly, n00b friendly whirlpool of crap. No dedicated doesn't just mean lagspikes, modfree content it also means this: THE HOST CAN STOP THE GAME ANYTIME! Sooooo if some nabcake is hosting a game and gets killed 5 times in a row, he can close the server and start a new game....lamo you say? indeedo! There is no voting system and even a Frekkin' list of servers is absent you wan't to play multiplayer, well then.... we'll just throw you into the first game available - no list, no punkbuster settings, no nothing.

Another lamer: I got it 6£ cheaper buy walking 20 feet to my nearest Blockbuster instead of buying it over steam - I mean wtf?
I have the day off tomorrow, I'll try some more multiplayer just to be sure I wasn't just pessimistic tonight....but I think my conclusion will be the same though:

Activision/Infinity Ward - You have taken a great multiplayer franchise and COMPLETELY SOLD OUT! Except for the above average graphics, this feels like something intended for the Wii.

:pfff: 
November 12, 2009 2:29:50 AM

pc version.

only occasional and minor lag issues. whenb the host leaves there is a 5 secdon pause while someone else is given host. its really not a big deal at all.

and its the best multiplayer game ever, a game that i think surpasses halo 3.
November 12, 2009 12:49:20 PM

PC Version, and although I do think that the step to non dedicated servers changed the world by removing the ability to customize the hell out of thing... I actually really like it :)  The single player is off course breathtaking. But the multiplayer really isn't that bad.

I actually enjoy this :D  And I got it for €49.95 which really isn't that bad considering I looked at all the stores online and the cheapest I could find was 55€..

Long live "Bart Smit"! :D 

But that's just my 2 cents, back to you!
November 12, 2009 3:28:36 PM

welshmousepk said:
pc version.

only occasional and minor lag issues. whenb the host leaves there is a 5 secdon pause while someone else is given host. its really not a big deal at all.

and its the best multiplayer game ever, a game that i think surpasses halo 3.

Halo 3?

You now have zero credibility.

November 12, 2009 3:45:15 PM

Halo is for kids IMO.... I never liked the game... Looked like a beefed up version of Quake... The game did sell very well, im just not into fantasy crap....
November 13, 2009 2:32:09 AM

i loved halo 3, bungie.net coupled with a wealth of game modes, theatre and picturres makes the most social FPS ever designed. and until MW2 came along it was still my favourite.

but if you want to thin yourself superior to me because of a narrow minded view of gaming, go ahead.
November 13, 2009 2:06:11 PM

I was leaning more towards the lack of originality, auto-aim, slow motion game play.
November 13, 2009 2:17:35 PM

welshmousepk said:
i loved halo 3, bungie.net coupled with a wealth of game modes, theatre and picturres makes the most social FPS ever designed. and until MW2 came along it was still my favourite.

but if you want to thin yourself superior to me because of a narrow minded view of gaming, go ahead.

I guess everyone has their own favorite titles, I just can't stand the game ;) 

!