CD-R music vs. CD-R

Stores will advertise sales on CD's.
Choices will be, as an example, CD-R "DATA" 50 for $9.95
Other choice will be, again as an example, CD-R "MUSIC" 20 for $9.95
Is there really any difference in the CD's that restricts them either to
music or data?
Also, I see some CD's are " + " and some are " - " .
Is there any difference or restrictions regarding these as well?

Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4
6 answers Last reply
More about music

    CD-R Music CD's are more designed for home stereo burners (as far as I know,
    many home stereo burners will not accept regular data CD's).. computers tend
    to make no distinction between the types..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Stores will advertise sales on CD's.
    > Choices will be, as an example, CD-R "DATA" 50 for $9.95
    > Other choice will be, again as an example, CD-R "MUSIC" 20 for $9.95
    > Is there really any difference in the CD's that restricts them either to
    > music or data?
    > Also, I see some CD's are " + " and some are " - " .
    > Is there any difference or restrictions regarding these as well?
    >
    > Thanks for any help ----
    > 25or6to4

    Thanks for the reply Mike :)
    --
    Thanks for any help ----
    25or6to4

    "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > CD-R Music CD's are more designed for home stereo burners (as far as I know,
    > many home stereo burners will not accept regular data CD's).. computers tend
    > to make no distinction between the types..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Stores will advertise sales on CD's.
    > > Choices will be, as an example, CD-R "DATA" 50 for $9.95
    > > Other choice will be, again as an example, CD-R "MUSIC" 20 for $9.95
    > > Is there really any difference in the CD's that restricts them either to
    > > music or data?
    > > Also, I see some CD's are " + " and some are " - " .
    > > Is there any difference or restrictions regarding these as well?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help ----
    > > 25or6to4

    You're welcome..

    --

    "" wrote:
    > Stores will advertise sales on CD's.
    > Choices will be, as an example, CD-R "DATA" 50 for $9.95
    > Other choice will be, again as an example, CD-R "MUSIC" 20 for
    > $9.95
    > Is there really any difference in the CD's that restricts them
    > either to
    > music or data?
    > Also, I see some CD's are " + " and some are " - " .
    > Is there any difference or restrictions regarding these as
    > well?
    >
    > Thanks for any help ----
    > 25or6to4

    There is no diffrance between CD-R "Music" and "Data", the only
    diffrance that could posably be diffrent is that the manufacture
    tested the ones they claim to be specificly for "Music" with cd
    players.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-CD-music-CD-ftopict399864.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1321274

    Sparda wrote:

    > "" wrote:
    > > Stores will advertise sales on CD's.
    > > Choices will be, as an example, CD-R "DATA" 50 for $9.95
    > > Other choice will be, again as an example, CD-R "MUSIC" 20 for
    > > $9.95
    > > Is there really any difference in the CD's that restricts them
    > > either to
    > > music or data?
    > > Also, I see some CD's are " + " and some are " - " .
    > > Is there any difference or restrictions regarding these as
    > > well?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any help ----
    > > 25or6to4
    >
    > There is no diffrance between CD-R "Music" and "Data", the only
    > diffrance that could posably be diffrent is that the manufacture
    > tested the ones they claim to be specificly for "Music" with cd
    > players.

    There are 2 significant differences. Music CD-R's have an ID
    tag embedded into a sub-track to allow them to be used in a
    home stereo CD recorder, with an usage tax for this privilege.
    Data CD-R's do not have this identification. Testing has nothing
    to do with the difference.

    I have to agree on this reply rather than the one at the bottom of list of