XP dial-up problem

July 25, 2005 3:56:43 AM

Hello,

Looking for advice and help, please: I can't get the Internet Connection
wizard to allow me to create a new dial-up connection in Windows XP Home,
because both of the dial-up options that follow 'Make a manual connection'
are greyed-out. Similarly, I can't make a connection using an automatic
program on a British Telecomm CD, presumably for the same reason.

The modem is showing OK in the Device Manager ... Hardware list; the
driver seems to be loaded OK; dialling into pcAnywhere activates the modem,
so I think that the hardware is all OK. I have no idea where to look in the
settings, but am computer literate in Wind98SE so will/may at least
understand what I'm told.

Fingers crossed - and TIA for all suggestions as to what to do about this
problem.

Cheers,

Philip Andrews

More about : dial problem

July 25, 2005 3:56:44 AM

Philip Andrews wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Looking for advice and help, please: I can't get the Internet
> Connection
> wizard to allow me to create a new dial-up connection in Windows XP
> Home, because both of the dial-up options that follow 'Make a manual
> connection' are greyed-out. Similarly, I can't make a connection using
> an automatic program on a British Telecomm CD, presumably for the same
> reason.
>
> The modem is showing OK in the Device Manager ... Hardware list;
> the
> driver seems to be loaded OK; dialling into pcAnywhere activates the
> modem, so I think that the hardware is all OK. I have no idea where to
> look in the settings, but am computer literate in Wind98SE so will/may
> at least understand what I'm told.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320558 - Dial-up Modem or PPP0e
Option in New Connection Wizard is Unavailable

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers