Missing Icons

On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.

Why has this happened and how can i get them back?

My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.

Please help.
5 answers Last reply
More about missing icons

    Use Explorer to go to the programs .exe file (assuming you know where it
    is). Right click on the file. Choose "send to | desktop - create shortcut".
    After the shortcut has been created you can drag it to where you want it to
    reside. You may have to rename the shortcut to make it user friendly.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
    >
    > Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
    >
    > My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
    >
    > Please help.

    What are the two icons? What list?

    What version of Windows are you using? If XP, did you happen to notice
    the "Desktop Cleanup Wizard" running recently? Do you have a folder
    named "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" and if so are the missing items in
    there?

    What did you most recently install?

    --

    ....Sky

    Tom "Sky" King
    =============

    joffchapman50 wrote:
    > On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
    >
    > Why has this happened and how can i get them back?

    The help file in Control Panel and Help & Support has more info about Icons
    which will help you restore them.

    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
    absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
    the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
    great power among men.

    Winston Churchill - London, England
    http://www.winstonchurchill.org

    "joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
    >
    > Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
    >
    > My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
    >
    > Please help.

    Do you have Desktop Cleanup turned on? To check, right click on the
    desktop, on Desktop Properties select the Desktop tab, select Customize
    Desktop, and see if the checkbox at the bottom of the Desktop Items page is
    checked or not.

    "joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
    >
    > Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
    >
    > My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
    >
    > Please help.

    Yes it is turned on.

    "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

    > Do you have Desktop Cleanup turned on? To check, right click on the
    > desktop, on Desktop Properties select the Desktop tab, select Customize
    > Desktop, and see if the checkbox at the bottom of the Desktop Items page is
    > checked or not.
    >
    > "joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
    > >
    > > Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
    > >
    > > My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
    > >
    > > Please help.

Computers Microsoft Icons Windows XP