Missing Icons

July 25, 2005 8:08:02 AM

On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.

Why has this happened and how can i get them back?

My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.

Please help.

More about : missing icons

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 12:44:37 PM

Use Explorer to go to the programs .exe file (assuming you know where it
is). Right click on the file. Choose "send to | desktop - create shortcut".
After the shortcut has been created you can drag it to where you want it to
reside. You may have to rename the shortcut to make it user friendly.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
>
> Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
>
> My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
>
> Please help.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 1:04:11 PM

What are the two icons? What list?

What version of Windows are you using? If XP, did you happen to notice
the "Desktop Cleanup Wizard" running recently? Do you have a folder
named "Unused Desktop Shortcuts" and if so are the missing items in
there?

What did you most recently install?

--

....Sky

Tom "Sky" King
=============

joffchapman50 wrote:
> On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
>
> Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
July 26, 2005 3:08:45 AM

The help file in Control Panel and Help & Support has more info about Icons
which will help you restore them.

The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his
absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay
the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a
great power among men.

Winston Churchill - London, England
http://www.winstonchurchill.org

"joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
>
> Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
>
> My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
>
> Please help.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:04:56 AM

Do you have Desktop Cleanup turned on? To check, right click on the
desktop, on Desktop Properties select the Desktop tab, select Customize
Desktop, and see if the checkbox at the bottom of the Desktop Items page is
checked or not.

"joffchapman50" <joffchapman50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On starting my computer there are 2 icons missing from my list.
>
> Why has this happened and how can i get them back?
>
> My recycle bin is empty so I am at a loss as to what to do.
>
> Please help.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:17:03 PM

Yes it is turned on.