Start Menu - My pictures - My Music

I am looking for some help with having these items on the start menu
point when clicked to a folder located outside of user/Documents and
settings.

I am aware that right clicking My Documents will provide some options
under target tag. If I go there and click on move and browse to my E
drive will this action move My Documents and all the folders under it
which includes My pictures and My Music? Will the start menu items now
go to this new folder location?

What if I just want My pictures and My Music folders from My Documents
on my E drive. Can I not get the start menu to point to folders set up
there?

Download and install TweakUI:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
TweakUI. Expand "My Computer" and click on "Special Folders".
You can easily change the location of the folders there.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"GTT" wrote:

| I am looking for some help with having these items on the start menu
| point when clicked to a folder located outside of user/Documents and
| settings.
|
| I am aware that right clicking My Documents will provide some options
| under target tag. If I go there and click on move and browse to my E
| drive will this action move My Documents and all the folders under it
| which includes My pictures and My Music? Will the start menu items now
| go to this new folder location?
|
| What if I just want My pictures and My Music folders from My Documents
| on my E drive. Can I not get the start menu to point to folders set up
| there?

Thanks Carey, it worked like a charm.

Had I wanted to completely move the My Documents with all underlying
folders would I simply right click and under target click on move and
select a new location?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:58:08 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Download and install TweakUI:
>
>Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
>
>After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
>TweakUI. Expand "My Computer" and click on "Special Folders".
>You can easily change the location of the folders there.

>> If I go there and click on move and browse to my E drive will this action
>> move My Documents and all the folders under it which includes My pictures
>> and My Music?

Yes.

>> What if I just want My pictures and My Music folders from My Documents on
>> my E drive.

Moving the folders (Cut and Paste) in W.Explorer will relocate the folder
and change the paths in the registyr automatically. Or, use Tweak UI.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org