Patch 1.11

mark

Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
http://www.battle.net/

No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.

After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord of
Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
ability of each player.

In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was for
player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin cannot
use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of the
town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
can not be used or added.

Player doesn't need to worry. In V1.11, there are 10 more rune words. The
new equipment that never before seen can be found in some boss monsters. For
merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer can
gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.
**************************************

So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Mark wrote:
> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
> http://www.battle.net/

Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!

> After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord of
> Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
> Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
> find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
> ability of each player.

I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
can't find it anymore.

> Also, when
> equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
> can not be used or added.

Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.

> For
> merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer can

No more joining Mule Park games to level merc.

> gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.

Are current mercs not strong enough already?

> **************************************
>
> So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
> I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
> http://www.battle.net/
>
> No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
> Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
> Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.
>
> After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord
> of Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
> Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
> find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
> ability of each player.

Guess that is Lilith. Considering her backdrop unless they add an area looks
like she will be in the crypt/mauseleum/tower. Can't think of anywhere else
that has that distinctive backdrop unless it's one of the areas I often skip
over LOL

> In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
> example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was
> for player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin
> cannot use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of
> the town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or
> Blood raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also,
> when equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
> skill can not be used or added.

So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to poof uber
D. Interesting.

> Player doesn't need to worry. In V1.11, there are 10 more rune words. The
> new equipment that never before seen can be found in some boss monsters.
> For merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer
> can gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.
> **************************************

More runewords but hopefully with the easier to find runes. No going back
then to get a nm merc if you decide the hell one isn't doing what you
wanted. Guess we will see a lot less merc-lvling games. Not sure if I like
this idea or not. My damn merc's usually outlive me LOL

> So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August
> 2007. I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

LOL! Well we shall see what the first brings it's right around the
proverbial corner.

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, "Mark" wrote:

>> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
>> http://www.battle.net/
>>
>> No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
>> Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
>> Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.

"Load of Destruction"... was that a typo, or sarcasm?

>> In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
>> example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal,

I'm guessing this means that opening a TP equals teleporting to town
instantly. Perhaps a bass-ackwards attempt to deal with the tppk.

>> The paladin cannot use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed

I've never played a Hammerdin, what's this about?

>> When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
>> raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
>> equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
>> can not be used or added.

*that* is a bite on the butt!

>> So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
>> I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

My money is on Mark's analysis. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I play
CE (exclusively) so it doesn't really matter to me.

> In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
> example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was
for
> player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin cannot
> use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of the
> town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
> raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
> equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
skill
> can not be used or added.

Smells like bullshit.

> So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August
2007.
> I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Hahahahaha, so true.

In a parallel universe, Anti-~misfit~ said exactly the opposite of:

> Sliver wrote:
>>
>> So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to
>> poof uber D. Interesting.
>
> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC
> appear at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
>
> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)

If you bring DClone next to shenk and kill shenk, DClone dies. I guess
it's probably the same thing with Blood Raven. For Shenk you spawn dc at
the wp above shenk, for Blood Raven damned if I know. Near as I can
figure you spawn at Stony Field then walk him all the way back but that
doesn't sound very convenient somehow.

*-) K.os
--
"He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, "~misfit~" wrote:

>> Sliver wrote:
>> >
>> > So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to
>> > poof uber D. Interesting.
>>
>> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC appear
>> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
>>
>> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)

yup it's PURE cheese.

You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
Ditto BloodRaven.

So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.

Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.

This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
might backfire.

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote

>>> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC appear
>>> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
>>>
>>> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)
>
>yup it's PURE cheese.
>
>You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
>Ditto BloodRaven.
>
>So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
>DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
>to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.
>
>Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
>BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.
>
>This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
>might backfire.

Backfire? As in two Diablo Clones? :-o
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
> http://www.battle.net/

Okie dokes, I've done some scrutinizing. Screenshot 1 shows a battle with
DClone. There's a barb, and assassin and 2 mercs, with Battle Command,
Defiance and SALVATION auras. This suggests either a pally offscreen, or a
new a2 merc skill.

Never mind, next screenie shows a pally and druid too.

The Lilith shot is from A1, Crypt/Mauso/Tower, as previously mentioned.
Unless we get another area. Looks like she has innate CBF, as one shot shows
a zon's FA hitting her and she ain't blue.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/lilith-ss05.shtml shows an a5
witch in the top right, and there is clearly an orange spitball. This
suggests either a new a5 area, some new backdrops, or increased monster
portability.

A lot of info here:
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=371254&page=6&pp=10
Most of it dumb. They don't even mention the possibility of Black for the CE
issue (though I agree it's Death Sentry)

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, jerk-o wrote:

>> >This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
>> >might backfire.
>>
>> Backfire? As in two Diablo Clones? :-o

If they both drop DC stuff, that's NO BACKFIRE, that's two WonderCharms
for the price of one!

(remember, half the trouble with alligator shoes is getting the
alligator out first...)

"Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Mark wrote:
> > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
> > http://www.battle.net/
>
> Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!
>
> > After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord
of
> > Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
> > Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction
> > find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
> > ability of each player.
>
> I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
> used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
> can't find it anymore.

Because backwards, it is GFrazier, the grand idiot of Blizzard Inc.

Mickey

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Sliver"
> <Sliver@REMOVETHIShotmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped
> and said:
>
>>No going back then to get a nm merc if you decide the hell one isn't doing
>>what you
>>wanted. Guess we will see a lot less merc-lvling games. Not sure if I like
>>this idea or not. My damn merc's usually outlive me LOL
>
> I actually interpreted the change as the mercenary hire screens will no
> longer
> have a level cap on them, but rather all mercenaries listed will be within
> 5
> levels of the player (or the player who created the game, or whatever).
> So,
> for example, a level 80 character could go back to normal difficulty at
> any
> time and hire a level 75+ prayer mercenary, etc. Probably wishful
> thinking
> on my part.

I considered this myself and realized it made way too much sense therefore
ain't gonna happen LOL Kinda like the great march wp. I mean really why did
they include it when 9 times out of ten you just don't need to go there?
Then they got lazy in act 4. 2 wp's (not including the town one) and 3
quests. Just doesn't make sense when all acts have 6 quests and a full list
of wp's, unless you are planning on adding stuff in patches 8D

> On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high
> level
> areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
> online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing
> in
> town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room,
> there's
> something wrong.

I've participated in both. With a good team working together a baal walk can
be more rewarding than a telebaal game. Simple math more monsters killed
more xp. Problem is there are very few "good teams" working together.
Someone always feels the need to trigger half the map then run back to the
group freaking out cause they are getting clustered which brings a bloody
mob down on the rank and file and the death messages start spamming the
screen. Second problem is there are very few areas available to someone lvl
90+ to gain XP (without dying LOL). Having the max Alvl being 85 seems
rather screwy but then again there are many unbalanced issues in the game.
Your average gamer isn't going to see many of the high end drops ever, nor
will they get past 90 without resorting to following bots etc.

> Etc.
<snip>
I agree with all your etcs LOL

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Alex Holtz wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
>> http://www.battle.net/
>
> Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!
>
>> After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion:
>> Lord of Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in
>> Hell games. Players must search through the evil caves to the throne
>> of destruction to find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult
>> quest will test the ability of each player.
>
> I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
> used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
> can't find it anymore.

I saw it a week or two ago. Hang on..............
Yep:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-reziarfg.shtml
--
~misfit~ (panicking as usual) <g>

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message

>>> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC
>>> appear
>>> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
>>>
>>> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)
>
> yup it's PURE cheese.
>
> You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
> Ditto BloodRaven.
>
> So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
> DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
> to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.
>
> Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
> BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.
>
> This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
> might backfire.

I thought that was already fixed.

-Steve

On that special day, Alex Holtz, (aholtz29@yahoo.com) said...

> > Also, when
> > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
> > can not be used or added.
>
> Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
> can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.

And a thing like Wolfhowl would make no sense any more.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On that special day, Chris Lansdell,
(clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca) said...

> http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/lilith-ss05.shtml shows an a5
> witch in the top right, and there is clearly an orange spitball. This
> suggests either a new a5 area, some new backdrops, or increased monster
> portability.

The next screenshot shows a witch (she's blue). That might mean two
possibilities: either she is a necro revive and was chilled by Lilith
or she is a minion of Lilith.

The following screenshot indicates that Lilith has a poisonous attack,
just like Andy.

And another screenshot shows DC in *Tristram*. Someone must have
spawned Griswold as DC.

"Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> On that special day, Alex Holtz, (aholtz29@yahoo.com) said...
>
> > > Also, when
> > > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
skill
> > > can not be used or added.
> >
> > Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
> > can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.
>
> And a thing like Wolfhowl would make no sense any more.

Frankly, this is one change I won't believe until I see it, as it
invalidates SO many items and rune words.

Mickey

and said:

>> On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high
>> level
>> areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
>> online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing
>> in
>> town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room,
>> there's
>> something wrong.
>
>I've participated in both. With a good team working together a baal walk can
>be more rewarding than a telebaal game. Simple math more monsters killed
>more xp.

I'm talking about experience over time, not just the total amount of
experience.

>Problem is there are very few "good teams" working together.
>Someone always feels the need to trigger half the map then run back to the
>group freaking out cause they are getting clustered which brings a bloody
>mob down on the rank and file and the death messages start spamming the
>screen. Second problem is there are very few areas available to someone lvl
>90+ to gain XP (without dying LOL). Having the max Alvl being 85 seems
>rather screwy but then again there are many unbalanced issues in the game.
>Your average gamer isn't going to see many of the high end drops ever, nor
>will they get past 90 without resorting to following bots etc.

Hehe, true enough. Thank goodness for AGD games.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

Blizzard is SO stupid. I can think of a one shot change that would put an
instant end to the Baal runs.

The real XP is with the minions. Make the minions such that the XP they
deliver is a factor of how many monsters are still alive in the keep. The
more that are still alive, the less XP you get. Clear the entire keep, and
they produce maximum XP. Of course, this would require someone at Blizzard
actually THINKING, something they seem allergic to.

Mickey

~misfit~ wrote:
> I couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for rushing a few mules through I'd
> never be able to get anywhere in HC. Oh, my skellimancer would but he's not
> very item-dependant. However my Zealot wouldn't have his Cresent Moon Phase
> Blade or Duress Scarab Husk. (I haven't found Heaven's Light or Guardian
> Angel despite risking my skellimancer's life on a daily basis MFing). The
> only way for me to get any halfway-decent gear is rune rushing and
> runewords. And it's not that damn easy! Ok, I can get mules to the forge in
> under 30 minutes in normal but I never do the normal forge anyway. Try
> rushing HC mules through NM with the close-quarters fighting in places like
> the maggot lair and the FE bug. Then try it in hell, remembering one
> momentary lapse of concentration can loose you your main character........

Misfit, I have a couple of Heaven's Lights spare I think. lmk if you
want one. not sure of the stats on them.

Not sure I understand why you need to rush so many mules through maggot
lair. They don't need that quest. Rush once with four mules. Each mule
gets a staff. Then each of those mules is rushed in separate rushes so
you don't have to keep doing the maggot lair. If that makes sense.

Even if you don't, only one mule has to pop in to grab a staff. So the
rusher kills everything in Coldwowrm's chcamber and one mule gets the
staff. (try not to use the skelimancer in the ML though).

Each required quest has a safe (ish) spot for a mule. The hardest "safe
spot" for a mule is Trav. Just be careful. Clear out behind, bring the
mule, quickly take out the Council from in front. Or TP in there.

I still think the best way to go about it is to just bring a mule (or
three) along any time you are questing.

~misfit~ wrote:
> chaliban wrote:
snippage throughout
> Hey there,
>
> > Misfit, I have a couple of Heaven's Lights spare I think. lmk if you
> > want one. not sure of the stats on them.
>
> That's mighty generous of you. Is this USWHCL?

Yes. Email me and I will put it on a mule for you sometime. Don't knwo
how much I can play over the next few days.

> So, I could take three mules through, get them all a staff, the use each
> mule with a staff to drag another couple of mules through? Act 2 is by far
> the slowest to get mules through, half the time spent on a mule push is in
> act 2.

yes. Although it means a lot of rushing through of the same difficulty
for each staff.

> > Even if you don't, only one mule has to pop in to grab a staff. So the
> > rusher kills everything in Coldwowrm's chcamber and one mule gets the
> > staff. (try not to use the skelimancer in the ML though).
>
> This is the way I currently do it. Backfired once when the summoner killed
> the mule with the staff. In hell too. That glacial spike (?) of his can
> shoot off-screen characters. Unfair. :)

yes. and sometimes you kill the summoner with a stray bolt from your FO
or a FB that just misses what you were trying to hit. which means you
have to do arcane all over again.

> > Each required quest has a safe (ish) spot for a mule. The hardest
> > "safe spot" for a mule is Trav.
>
> For sure. The only two places that give me trouble are Trav and sometimes
> the summoner.
>
> > Just be careful. Clear out behind,
> > bring the mule, quickly take out the Council from in front. Or TP in
> > there.
>
> The council can cast hydra's behind. I lost a mule finding that out.

true. the rusher has to be quick.

> > I still think the best way to go about it is to just bring a mule (or
> > three) along any time you are questing.
>
> Yeah, could do. Trouble is, I always like to have a high-level looter in if
> I'm playing an area of similar level to the character and often have my
> enchantress and/or BO slave in there as well. I find it easier to just do
> dedicated mule rushes and have them ready in Harrogath for when a playing
> character is ready to kill Baal and go onto the next level.

My method is to cheese right from the start and get the character to
act 4 or 5 quickly with the mules in normal. Your chanter can chant and
be replaced by a mule. You won't lose any equip if you die, maybe a
twinked ravenclaw.

Regardless, IIRC, you have 4 connections. Questor and 3 mules. The
questor allows loot to all 3 mules. Questor dies. Only one mule has to
stay in the game. The other two leave and are replaced by BO/Chant and
(probably) your skelimancer. The area is cleared and the mule loots
your body.

> I might have to try to get a few mules through today in case the BCMs
> actually do get this patch implemented and it does have anti-rushing
> measures.

Well, if the patch comes, I'll probably be getting rid of all these
characters and just using new ones. Isn't it just like a ladder reset?

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:47:11 GMT, Mark wrote:

> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
> http://www.battle.net/

Well, I'm surprised. I really didn't expect another patch, especially since
Blizzard had previously stated that 1.10 would be the last version. This
certainly adds substance to the D3 rumours ... and damn, I'm glad that
Blizzard is getting their head out of their WoW arse. :)

M.

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:17:29 +1200, Stephen van Ham wrote:

> On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high level
> areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
> online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing in
> town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room, there's
> something wrong.

Very true. This was one of the reasons why I stopped playing online. There
was just no point in playing once I had beaten Baal, because nobody really
wanted to play in *any* act of Hell mode, and the only cooperative games I
could find were the "telebaal" types. Playing SP, on the other hand, had
the downside of Hell mode being incredibly tedious. Not difficult, just
slow and boring.

> Fixing the FE damage, in nightmare in particular, would be nice.

That, and adding all those realm-only runewords to the SP portion of the
game. The instant FE death that was fixed on the realms is *still* in SP,
which makes playing any sort of melee HC character in SP fairly pointless.

> Faster detection of dropped connections would be a nice bonus, and might
> convince me to play hardcore more.

Well, it's not too bad, really. I don't think I ever lost a HC character to
dropped connections (did lose one to a lag spike, though). If they shorten
this time too much, it could probably be exploited. I agree, though, that
it's annoying. HC is still fun, though ... you should try it. :) (I think I
have been telling you this for two or three years now. *g*)

> Improved drops from sparkly chests would be great.

Agreed. In general, "surafce" adventuring should be encouraged. I'm not
advocating to make boss runs less lucrative (plenty of people like that),
but "just playing the game" should yield more rewards, too.

> Relaxed requirements on source items for crafting (e.g. let us blood craft
> with any armour or weapon we want) - bonus++++

Never made much sense to me that there are restrictions.

My biggest issue is monster randomization in Act5. I really hope they'll
remove this, but the odds of that happening are probably very low. I'd
generally like to see the tedium of 1.10 being a bit toned down. Not the
way it was in 1.09, but 1.10 is an overkill in Hell difficulty if you want
to also solo.

And I'm still in favour of level restrictions for NM and Hell, to
discourage Hell Forge runs/etc with mules. To me, this always seemed like
an exploit.

M.

mark

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message

> And I'm still in favour of level restrictions for NM and Hell, to
> discourage Hell Forge runs/etc with mules. To me, this always seemed like
> an exploit.

I couldn't possibly be more against this. While it 'might' discourage
rushing, it absolutely screws people like me who like (crazy) challenges.
Like killing Andy with a L1, Baal at L9, NM Diablo at L14, starting Hell in
1.10 at L42 (Guardian at L57). Stopping exploits is fine, but don't destroy
the game for people who like to 'push the envelope'. Better than level
restrictions would be eliminating getting credit for quests while in town
(or too far from the 'quest' area).

Of course 'rune rushing' is one of the few things that legit players can do
to (somewhat) level the playing field with dupers and botters. So I'm not
totally convinced that this 'feature' should be nerfed. If duping and
botting can be stopped (impossible), fine, then you can close the 'exploits'
available to the rest of us. But until then ...

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

> Clear the entire keep, and
> they produce maximum XP.

Only, if they fix that nasty lightning-damage-carries-over-to-physical-
damage-without-armour bug. If they hadn't done this, *together with
putting Black Souls into the keep 66% of the time, it would have been
much
more tolerable.