Patch 1.11

Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
http://www.battle.net/

No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.

After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord of
Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
ability of each player.

In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was for
player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin cannot
use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of the
town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
can not be used or added.

Player doesn't need to worry. In V1.11, there are 10 more rune words. The
new equipment that never before seen can be found in some boss monsters. For
merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer can
gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.
**************************************

So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
37 answers Last reply
More about patch

    Mark wrote:
    > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    > http://www.battle.net/

    Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!

    > After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord of
    > Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
    > Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
    > find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
    > ability of each player.

    I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
    used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
    can't find it anymore.

    > Also, when
    > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
    > can not be used or added.

    Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
    can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.

    > For
    > merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer can

    No more joining Mule Park games to level merc.

    > gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.

    Are current mercs not strong enough already?

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    > http://www.battle.net/
    >
    > No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
    > Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
    > Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.
    >
    > After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord
    > of Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
    > Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
    > find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
    > ability of each player.

    Guess that is Lilith. Considering her backdrop unless they add an area looks
    like she will be in the crypt/mauseleum/tower. Can't think of anywhere else
    that has that distinctive backdrop unless it's one of the areas I often skip
    over LOL

    > In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
    > example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was
    > for player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin
    > cannot use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of
    > the town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or
    > Blood raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also,
    > when equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
    > skill can not be used or added.

    So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to poof uber
    D. Interesting.

    > Player doesn't need to worry. In V1.11, there are 10 more rune words. The
    > new equipment that never before seen can be found in some boss monsters.
    > For merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer
    > can gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.
    > **************************************

    More runewords but hopefully with the easier to find runes. No going back
    then to get a nm merc if you decide the hell one isn't doing what you
    wanted. Guess we will see a lot less merc-lvling games. Not sure if I like
    this idea or not. My damn merc's usually outlive me LOL

    > So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August
    > 2007. I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

    LOL! Well we shall see what the first brings it's right around the
    proverbial corner.

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, "Mark" wrote:

    >> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    >> http://www.battle.net/
    >>
    >> No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
    >> Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
    >> Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.

    "Load of Destruction"... was that a typo, or sarcasm?

    >> In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
    >> example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal,

    I'm guessing this means that opening a TP equals teleporting to town
    instantly. Perhaps a bass-ackwards attempt to deal with the tppk.

    >> The paladin cannot use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed

    I've never played a Hammerdin, what's this about?

    >> When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
    >> raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
    >> equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
    >> can not be used or added.

    *that* is a bite on the butt!

    >> So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
    >> I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

    My money is on Mark's analysis. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I play
    CE (exclusively) so it doesn't really matter to me.

    > In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
    > example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was
    for
    > player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin cannot
    > use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of the
    > town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
    > raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
    > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
    skill
    > can not be used or added.

    Smells like bullshit.

    > So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August
    2007.
    > I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

    Hahahahaha, so true.

    In a parallel universe, Anti-~misfit~ said exactly the opposite of:

    > Sliver wrote:
    >>
    >> So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to
    >> poof uber D. Interesting.
    >
    > What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC
    > appear at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
    >
    > I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)

    If you bring DClone next to shenk and kill shenk, DClone dies. I guess
    it's probably the same thing with Blood Raven. For Shenk you spawn dc at
    the wp above shenk, for Blood Raven damned if I know. Near as I can
    figure you spawn at Stony Field then walk him all the way back but that
    doesn't sound very convenient somehow.

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, "~misfit~" wrote:

    >> Sliver wrote:
    >> >
    >> > So there goes the marrowalk bug eh? And using shenk/bloodraven to
    >> > poof uber D. Interesting.
    >>
    >> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC appear
    >> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
    >>
    >> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)

    yup it's PURE cheese.

    You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
    Ditto BloodRaven.

    So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
    DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
    to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.

    Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
    BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.

    This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
    might backfire.

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote

    >>> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC appear
    >>> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
    >>>
    >>> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)
    >
    >yup it's PURE cheese.
    >
    >You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
    >Ditto BloodRaven.
    >
    >So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
    >DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
    >to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.
    >
    >Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
    >BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.
    >
    >This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
    >might backfire.

    Backfire? As in two Diablo Clones? :-o
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    > http://www.battle.net/

    Okie dokes, I've done some scrutinizing. Screenshot 1 shows a battle with
    DClone. There's a barb, and assassin and 2 mercs, with Battle Command,
    Defiance and SALVATION auras. This suggests either a pally offscreen, or a
    new a2 merc skill.

    Never mind, next screenie shows a pally and druid too.

    The Lilith shot is from A1, Crypt/Mauso/Tower, as previously mentioned.
    Unless we get another area. Looks like she has innate CBF, as one shot shows
    a zon's FA hitting her and she ain't blue.

    http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/lilith-ss05.shtml shows an a5
    witch in the top right, and there is clearly an orange spitball. This
    suggests either a new a5 area, some new backdrops, or increased monster
    portability.

    A lot of info here:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=371254&page=6&pp=10
    Most of it dumb. They don't even mention the possibility of Black for the CE
    issue (though I agree it's Death Sentry)

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, jerk-o wrote:

    >> >This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
    >> >might backfire.
    >>
    >> Backfire? As in two Diablo Clones? :-o

    If they both drop DC stuff, that's NO BACKFIRE, that's two WonderCharms
    for the price of one!

    (remember, half the trouble with alligator shoes is getting the
    alligator out first...)

    "Alex Holtz" <aholtz29@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Mark wrote:
    > > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    > > http://www.battle.net/
    >
    > Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!
    >
    > > After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord
    of
    > > Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
    > > Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction
    > > find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
    > > ability of each player.
    >
    > I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
    > used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
    > can't find it anymore.

    Because backwards, it is GFrazier, the grand idiot of Blizzard Inc.

    Mickey

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Sliver"
    > <Sliver@REMOVETHIShotmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
    > flopped
    > and said:
    >
    >>No going back then to get a nm merc if you decide the hell one isn't doing
    >>what you
    >>wanted. Guess we will see a lot less merc-lvling games. Not sure if I like
    >>this idea or not. My damn merc's usually outlive me LOL
    >
    > I actually interpreted the change as the mercenary hire screens will no
    > longer
    > have a level cap on them, but rather all mercenaries listed will be within
    > 5
    > levels of the player (or the player who created the game, or whatever).
    > So,
    > for example, a level 80 character could go back to normal difficulty at
    > any
    > time and hire a level 75+ prayer mercenary, etc. Probably wishful
    > thinking
    > on my part.

    I considered this myself and realized it made way too much sense therefore
    ain't gonna happen LOL Kinda like the great march wp. I mean really why did
    they include it when 9 times out of ten you just don't need to go there?
    Then they got lazy in act 4. 2 wp's (not including the town one) and 3
    quests. Just doesn't make sense when all acts have 6 quests and a full list
    of wp's, unless you are planning on adding stuff in patches 8D

    > On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high
    > level
    > areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
    > online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing
    > in
    > town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room,
    > there's
    > something wrong.

    I've participated in both. With a good team working together a baal walk can
    be more rewarding than a telebaal game. Simple math more monsters killed
    more xp. Problem is there are very few "good teams" working together.
    Someone always feels the need to trigger half the map then run back to the
    group freaking out cause they are getting clustered which brings a bloody
    mob down on the rank and file and the death messages start spamming the
    screen. Second problem is there are very few areas available to someone lvl
    90+ to gain XP (without dying LOL). Having the max Alvl being 85 seems
    rather screwy but then again there are many unbalanced issues in the game.
    Your average gamer isn't going to see many of the high end drops ever, nor
    will they get past 90 without resorting to following bots etc.

    > Etc.
    <snip>
    I agree with all your etcs LOL

    --
    In a World full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    Alex Holtz wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >> Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    >> http://www.battle.net/
    >
    > Andariel's twin sister, Lilith!
    >
    >> After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion:
    >> Lord of Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in
    >> Hell games. Players must search through the evil caves to the throne
    >> of destruction to find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult
    >> quest will test the ability of each player.
    >
    > I wonder why they don't implement that rumor monster, Reizarfg. There
    > used to be a screenshot of it on the Arreat Summit. If still is, I
    > can't find it anymore.

    I saw it a week or two ago. Hang on..............
    Yep:

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-reziarfg.shtml
    --
    ~misfit~ (panicking as usual) <g>

    "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message

    >>> What what what? About the Shenk/Bloodraven thing? You mean to make DC
    >>> appear
    >>> at their customary spots or is there a trick I'm missing?
    >>>
    >>> I've gotta stop panicking like this. ;-)
    >
    > yup it's PURE cheese.
    >
    > You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
    > Ditto BloodRaven.
    >
    > So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
    > DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
    > to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.
    >
    > Likewise, make DC take Bishibosh's place, make DC follow you to
    > BloodRaven's place, and kill BloodRaven.
    >
    > This teaser they posted says this won't work anymore, and hints that it
    > might backfire.

    I thought that was already fixed.

    -Steve

    On that special day, Alex Holtz, (aholtz29@yahoo.com) said...

    > > Also, when
    > > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
    > > can not be used or added.
    >
    > Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
    > can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.

    And a thing like Wolfhowl would make no sense any more.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    On that special day, Chris Lansdell,
    (clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca) said...

    > http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2/screenshots/lilith-ss05.shtml shows an a5
    > witch in the top right, and there is clearly an orange spitball. This
    > suggests either a new a5 area, some new backdrops, or increased monster
    > portability.

    The next screenshot shows a witch (she's blue). That might mean two
    possibilities: either she is a necro revive and was chilled by Lilith
    or she is a minion of Lilith.

    The following screenshot indicates that Lilith has a poisonous attack,
    just like Andy.

    And another screenshot shows DC in *Tristram*. Someone must have
    spawned Griswold as DC.

    "Gabriele Neukam" <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote in message
    > On that special day, Alex Holtz, (aholtz29@yahoo.com) said...
    >
    > > > Also, when
    > > > equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this
    skill
    > > > can not be used or added.
    > >
    > > Bye bye Enigma, CtA, and Chaos. That doesn't make sense, no Barbarians
    > > can use a Claw, and no Assassin can use the WW on a Chaos claw.
    >
    > And a thing like Wolfhowl would make no sense any more.

    Frankly, this is one change I won't believe until I see it, as it
    invalidates SO many items and rune words.

    Mickey

    and said:

    >> On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high
    >> level
    >> areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
    >> online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing
    >> in
    >> town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room,
    >> there's
    >> something wrong.
    >
    >I've participated in both. With a good team working together a baal walk can
    >be more rewarding than a telebaal game. Simple math more monsters killed
    >more xp.

    I'm talking about experience over time, not just the total amount of
    experience.

    >Problem is there are very few "good teams" working together.
    >Someone always feels the need to trigger half the map then run back to the
    >group freaking out cause they are getting clustered which brings a bloody
    >mob down on the rank and file and the death messages start spamming the
    >screen. Second problem is there are very few areas available to someone lvl
    >90+ to gain XP (without dying LOL). Having the max Alvl being 85 seems
    >rather screwy but then again there are many unbalanced issues in the game.
    >Your average gamer isn't going to see many of the high end drops ever, nor
    >will they get past 90 without resorting to following bots etc.

    Hehe, true enough. Thank goodness for AGD games.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

    Blizzard is SO stupid. I can think of a one shot change that would put an
    instant end to the Baal runs.

    The real XP is with the minions. Make the minions such that the XP they
    deliver is a factor of how many monsters are still alive in the keep. The
    more that are still alive, the less XP you get. Clear the entire keep, and
    they produce maximum XP. Of course, this would require someone at Blizzard
    actually THINKING, something they seem allergic to.

    Mickey

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I couldn't agree more. If it wasn't for rushing a few mules through I'd
    > never be able to get anywhere in HC. Oh, my skellimancer would but he's not
    > very item-dependant. However my Zealot wouldn't have his Cresent Moon Phase
    > Blade or Duress Scarab Husk. (I haven't found Heaven's Light or Guardian
    > Angel despite risking my skellimancer's life on a daily basis MFing). The
    > only way for me to get any halfway-decent gear is rune rushing and
    > runewords. And it's not that damn easy! Ok, I can get mules to the forge in
    > under 30 minutes in normal but I never do the normal forge anyway. Try
    > rushing HC mules through NM with the close-quarters fighting in places like
    > the maggot lair and the FE bug. Then try it in hell, remembering one
    > momentary lapse of concentration can loose you your main character........

    Misfit, I have a couple of Heaven's Lights spare I think. lmk if you
    want one. not sure of the stats on them.

    Not sure I understand why you need to rush so many mules through maggot
    lair. They don't need that quest. Rush once with four mules. Each mule
    gets a staff. Then each of those mules is rushed in separate rushes so
    you don't have to keep doing the maggot lair. If that makes sense.

    Even if you don't, only one mule has to pop in to grab a staff. So the
    rusher kills everything in Coldwowrm's chcamber and one mule gets the
    staff. (try not to use the skelimancer in the ML though).

    Each required quest has a safe (ish) spot for a mule. The hardest "safe
    spot" for a mule is Trav. Just be careful. Clear out behind, bring the
    mule, quickly take out the Council from in front. Or TP in there.

    I still think the best way to go about it is to just bring a mule (or
    three) along any time you are questing.

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > chaliban wrote:
    snippage throughout
    > Hey there,
    >
    > > Misfit, I have a couple of Heaven's Lights spare I think. lmk if you
    > > want one. not sure of the stats on them.
    >
    > That's mighty generous of you. Is this USWHCL?

    Yes. Email me and I will put it on a mule for you sometime. Don't knwo
    how much I can play over the next few days.

    > So, I could take three mules through, get them all a staff, the use each
    > mule with a staff to drag another couple of mules through? Act 2 is by far
    > the slowest to get mules through, half the time spent on a mule push is in
    > act 2.

    yes. Although it means a lot of rushing through of the same difficulty
    for each staff.

    > > Even if you don't, only one mule has to pop in to grab a staff. So the
    > > rusher kills everything in Coldwowrm's chcamber and one mule gets the
    > > staff. (try not to use the skelimancer in the ML though).
    >
    > This is the way I currently do it. Backfired once when the summoner killed
    > the mule with the staff. In hell too. That glacial spike (?) of his can
    > shoot off-screen characters. Unfair. :-)

    yes. and sometimes you kill the summoner with a stray bolt from your FO
    or a FB that just misses what you were trying to hit. which means you
    have to do arcane all over again.

    > > Each required quest has a safe (ish) spot for a mule. The hardest
    > > "safe spot" for a mule is Trav.
    >
    > For sure. The only two places that give me trouble are Trav and sometimes
    > the summoner.
    >
    > > Just be careful. Clear out behind,
    > > bring the mule, quickly take out the Council from in front. Or TP in
    > > there.
    >
    > The council can cast hydra's behind. I lost a mule finding that out.

    true. the rusher has to be quick.

    > > I still think the best way to go about it is to just bring a mule (or
    > > three) along any time you are questing.
    >
    > Yeah, could do. Trouble is, I always like to have a high-level looter in if
    > I'm playing an area of similar level to the character and often have my
    > enchantress and/or BO slave in there as well. I find it easier to just do
    > dedicated mule rushes and have them ready in Harrogath for when a playing
    > character is ready to kill Baal and go onto the next level.

    My method is to cheese right from the start and get the character to
    act 4 or 5 quickly with the mules in normal. Your chanter can chant and
    be replaced by a mule. You won't lose any equip if you die, maybe a
    twinked ravenclaw.

    Regardless, IIRC, you have 4 connections. Questor and 3 mules. The
    questor allows loot to all 3 mules. Questor dies. Only one mule has to
    stay in the game. The other two leave and are replaced by BO/Chant and
    (probably) your skelimancer. The area is cleared and the mule loots
    your body.

    > I might have to try to get a few mules through today in case the BCMs
    > actually do get this patch implemented and it does have anti-rushing
    > measures.

    Well, if the patch comes, I'll probably be getting rid of all these
    characters and just using new ones. Isn't it just like a ladder reset?

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:47:11 GMT, Mark wrote:

    > Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    > http://www.battle.net/

    Well, I'm surprised. I really didn't expect another patch, especially since
    Blizzard had previously stated that 1.10 would be the last version. This
    certainly adds substance to the D3 rumours ... and damn, I'm glad that
    Blizzard is getting their head out of their WoW arse. :)

    M.

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:17:29 +1200, Stephen van Ham wrote:

    > On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high level
    > areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
    > online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing in
    > town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room, there's
    > something wrong.

    Very true. This was one of the reasons why I stopped playing online. There
    was just no point in playing once I had beaten Baal, because nobody really
    wanted to play in *any* act of Hell mode, and the only cooperative games I
    could find were the "telebaal" types. Playing SP, on the other hand, had
    the downside of Hell mode being incredibly tedious. Not difficult, just
    slow and boring.

    > Fixing the FE damage, in nightmare in particular, would be nice.

    That, and adding all those realm-only runewords to the SP portion of the
    game. The instant FE death that was fixed on the realms is *still* in SP,
    which makes playing any sort of melee HC character in SP fairly pointless.

    > Faster detection of dropped connections would be a nice bonus, and might
    > convince me to play hardcore more.

    Well, it's not too bad, really. I don't think I ever lost a HC character to
    dropped connections (did lose one to a lag spike, though). If they shorten
    this time too much, it could probably be exploited. I agree, though, that
    it's annoying. HC is still fun, though ... you should try it. :) (I think I
    have been telling you this for two or three years now. *g*)

    > Improved drops from sparkly chests would be great.

    Agreed. In general, "surafce" adventuring should be encouraged. I'm not
    advocating to make boss runs less lucrative (plenty of people like that),
    but "just playing the game" should yield more rewards, too.

    > Relaxed requirements on source items for crafting (e.g. let us blood craft
    > with any armour or weapon we want) - bonus++++

    Never made much sense to me that there are restrictions.

    My biggest issue is monster randomization in Act5. I really hope they'll
    remove this, but the odds of that happening are probably very low. I'd
    generally like to see the tedium of 1.10 being a bit toned down. Not the
    way it was in 1.09, but 1.10 is an overkill in Hell difficulty if you want
    to also solo.

    And I'm still in favour of level restrictions for NM and Hell, to
    discourage Hell Forge runs/etc with mules. To me, this always seemed like
    an exploit.

    M.

    "Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > And I'm still in favour of level restrictions for NM and Hell, to
    > discourage Hell Forge runs/etc with mules. To me, this always seemed like
    > an exploit.

    I couldn't possibly be more against this. While it 'might' discourage
    rushing, it absolutely screws people like me who like (crazy) challenges.
    Like killing Andy with a L1, Baal at L9, NM Diablo at L14, starting Hell in
    1.10 at L42 (Guardian at L57). Stopping exploits is fine, but don't destroy
    the game for people who like to 'push the envelope'. Better than level
    restrictions would be eliminating getting credit for quests while in town
    (or too far from the 'quest' area).

    Of course 'rune rushing' is one of the few things that legit players can do
    to (somewhat) level the playing field with dupers and botters. So I'm not
    totally convinced that this 'feature' should be nerfed. If duping and
    botting can be stopped (impossible), fine, then you can close the 'exploits'
    available to the rest of us. But until then ...

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    On that special day, Mickey, (mickeyb@comcast.net) said...

    > Clear the entire keep, and
    > they produce maximum XP.

    Only, if they fix that nasty lightning-damage-carries-over-to-physical-
    damage-without-armour bug. If they hadn't done this, *together with
    putting Black Souls into the keep 66% of the time, it would have been
    much
    more tolerable.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:17:29 +1200, Stephen van Ham wrote:
    >
    >> On a personal note, I'd like to see baal "walks" or walks in other high level
    >> areas being just as rewarding, experience wise, as "telebaal" runs. When
    >> online "content" in public battle.net games is nothing more than standing in
    >> town and then waiting for a bot to send a portal from the throne room, there's
    >> something wrong.
    >
    >Very true. This was one of the reasons why I stopped playing online. There
    >was just no point in playing once I had beaten Baal, because nobody really
    >wanted to play in *any* act of Hell mode, and the only cooperative games I
    >could find were the "telebaal" types. Playing SP, on the other hand, had
    >the downside of Hell mode being incredibly tedious. Not difficult, just
    >slow and boring.

    The AGD community on USWest (both SC and HC now, although there's some
    timezone issues with HC for me, and maybe you too) is pretty good in this
    regard. Most people seem quite happy to quest through the "old fashioned
    way" if one wants to.

    >> Fixing the FE damage, in nightmare in particular, would be nice.

    >That, and adding all those realm-only runewords to the SP portion of the
    >game. The instant FE death that was fixed on the realms is *still* in SP,
    >which makes playing any sort of melee HC character in SP fairly pointless.

    Let's also throw in a shared stash, like some have discussed here. And for
    the online version, make it across all characters on an account. And while
    we're at it, increasing the character limit from eight to something higher,
    say, 20 or 30, would be nice. At the very least, increasing the friends list
    limit from 25 to say 50 accounts, would be useful.

    >> Faster detection of dropped connections would be a nice bonus, and might
    >> convince me to play hardcore more.

    >Well, it's not too bad, really. I don't think I ever lost a HC character to
    >dropped connections (did lose one to a lag spike, though). If they shorten
    >this time too much, it could probably be exploited. I agree, though, that
    >it's annoying. HC is still fun, though ... you should try it. :) (I think I
    >have been telling you this for two or three years now. *g*)

    Really, it is that bad. A lot of my SC characters suffer their first (and in
    some cases, only) death from this. The length of time is certainly a lot
    longer than the "few seconds" that some people come up with when I mention
    this. I know this for sure for two reasons. A) short and I tested some of
    the scenarios, and some of them were in the 40-45 second ballpark, B) some of
    the characters in question are built to stand in monster packs for a "few
    seconds" without a death (heck, if they didn't, they'd be dying in general
    play). Like, I had a level 97 javazon killed by shenk's pack just as got
    down the steps (in 1.09!) from a dropped internet connection. She most
    CERTAINLY would not have been slain in a "few seconds". A couple of my
    sorceresses this season have suffered their first deaths while fighting
    skeleton packs in the Pit (with no archers around). In both cases, they were
    sorceresses with high life totals and max block. Barbarian in act 2 normal
    with well over 300 life at the time -> slain by skeletons during a dropped
    connection. Etc. Another sorceress -> slain in shenk's garden (1.10 this
    time) - again, she was a country mile from the monsters when the connection
    dropped, and the mercenary was at full health.

    In most cases, it's dropped connections in situations where the mercenary
    can't leech life that the problem occurs, or places where the mercenary was
    probably overwhelmed 20 to one with no backup.

    Another repeatable occurance is a death by dropped connection during a solo
    minion run, usually against the fourth or last pack.

    I've considered upgrading from a dialup connection to broadband on many
    occasions, but from what Misfit has written, I'm not convinced it would be
    that much better (although it's lag spikes rather than connection drops that
    are the problem in his case, I think, same result, though). It might sound
    like my connection is dropping every other minute, but in fact it's simply a
    case of enormous amounts of time spent online (I don't play SP mode all that
    much), with the disconnections spread out across that.

    When I do decide to switch to broadband, it'll be for downloading half gig
    video files, not for D2, hehe.

    >> Improved drops from sparkly chests would be great.

    >Agreed. In general, "surafce" adventuring should be encouraged. I'm not
    >advocating to make boss runs less lucrative (plenty of people like that),
    >but "just playing the game" should yield more rewards, too.

    Yes.

    Another problem is that with the content being relatively static, with each
    game always has the same maps, just shuffled around a bit in terms of their
    layout, that it's all so known to most people, and therefore less interesting
    (no surprises). I'll never forget the first day that I played the expansion
    pack, when there was this whole new act to explore. Great fun.

    >> Relaxed requirements on source items for crafting (e.g. let us blood craft
    >> with any armour or weapon we want) - bonus++++

    >Never made much sense to me that there are restrictions.

    >My biggest issue is monster randomization in Act5.

    Hehe, you find it odd that flayers turn up in the worldstone keep? It's just
    an enclosed version of the flayer jungle, but with stone walls and no jungle.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

    >I really hope they'll remove this, but the odds of that happening are probably very low. I'd
    >generally like to see the tedium of 1.10 being a bit toned down. Not the
    >way it was in 1.09, but 1.10 is an overkill in Hell difficulty if you want
    >to also solo.

    Hmmm, I must be used to it now, because I don't find 1.10 tedious at all,
    except in rare instances of playing some melee characters that have a single
    target attack (it certainly seems a lot less tedious than the betas were).
    Caster builds I consider at this point to be way too easy (well, most... a
    singer isn't exactly a power build), and many variants get through hell at lot
    easier than might be expected. Some of this is probably a gear issue,
    though. Reducing the life points of 1.10 monsters at this stage would bring
    on a 1.09 type situation (most areas get mowed down with ease, even solo).
    Making gear more easier to obtain without boss running, is probably the key.
    So things like the chest drops, etc.

    I wish rare items rolled with GOOD mods a lot more often than they do, because
    I find rares to be far more interesting than uniques and sets.

    >And I'm still in favour of level restrictions for NM and Hell, to
    >discourage Hell Forge runs/etc with mules. To me, this always seemed like
    >an exploit.

    Your vision of what the game should be, is the same as mine... a continual
    romp around all areas of the game, killing foes and getting items, not
    dragging mules around to the "high spots" as quickly as possible, or
    teleporting past all the content to get to the act bosses (it's an unfortunate
    reality of gearing up some builds though, in the current version, though - I'm
    currently doing a bit of this to collect specific items for a couple of non
    paladin zeal builds). It's akin to the difference between reading a book or
    merely reading the last page over and over. I'm fairly burned out from
    reading the book over and over at this point (having 20+ characters in or
    through hell this season alone), but I'm hopeful the developments in August,
    whatever they may turn out to be, will be sufficient to respark my interest.

    I'm not sure I'd go as far as putting level restrictions on the difficulties,
    since some people enjoy pushing the envelope in solo play, but I'd certainly
    put some restrictions on high level characters partying up with much lower
    level ones.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >Of course 'rune rushing' is one of the few things that legit players can do
    >to (somewhat) level the playing field with dupers and botters. So I'm not
    >totally convinced that this 'feature' should be nerfed. If duping and
    >botting can be stopped (impossible), fine, then you can close the 'exploits'
    >available to the rest of us. But until then ...

    I wasn't aware that people were doing this to level the playing field with
    dupes and botters. I thought they were doing this because the current drop
    system means it often takes thousands of hours play before you see a high rune
    drop, and people would rather have a chance at them every few hours play
    instead.

    The rune drops DO seem improved from 1.09 though, where the highest rune I
    ever saw drop was an Um, while in 1.10 I've seen a Mal or two, an Ist, a few
    Sur, a Lo and a Cham drop in general play (and an Ohm if I include team play).
    But maybe Blizzard need to tweak the drop rates some more to keep things
    interesting for people.

    I'd also be in favour of more runewords that have just ONE high rune in them.
    As it is, a lot of times when I see a high rune drop, it's somewhat of a non
    event because I know I'm unlikely to see the other one or two high runes drop
    that I need to actually do something with the first rune.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >
    >Blizzard is SO stupid. I can think of a one shot change that would put an
    >instant end to the Baal runs.
    >
    >The real XP is with the minions. Make the minions such that the XP they
    >deliver is a factor of how many monsters are still alive in the keep. The
    >more that are still alive, the less XP you get. Clear the entire keep, and
    >they produce maximum XP. Of course, this would require someone at Blizzard
    >actually THINKING, something they seem allergic to.

    I'd like to see them lighten the experience nerfs for high level characters
    (actually, I suppose a lot of people would), as well. It's silly that my
    level 92 sorceress only gets about one thousand experience (give or take) for
    a non-minion enemy in the worldstone keep in a solo game, and even sillier
    that my 97 barbarian gets a couple of hundred experience for an entire boss
    pack (yeah, like he's even going to make his experience bar MOVE unless it's
    in an eight player telebaal run).

    Actually, it's sillier in general that leveling up is faster (and easier) in
    multiplayer than it is solo, although I suppose some of this was to encourage
    people to make one eight player games rather than eight one player games
    online.

    I realise the current ynerfs are in place to keep the ladder runners from
    getting to 99 too quickly, but let's face it, they're going to get to 99 no
    matter Blizzard have in place, and that the ladder will always be about who
    focuses on one character for the longest time, something I have no interest in
    (playing just one character).

    --

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> I might have to try to get a few mules through today in case the BCMs
    > >> actually do get this patch implemented and it does have anti-rushing
    > >> measures.
    > >
    > > Well, if the patch comes, I'll probably be getting rid of all these
    > > characters and just using new ones. Isn't it just like a ladder reset?
    >
    > Don't say that! I've only just started to accumulate some 'wealth' in HC.

    Sorry about that.

    On that special day, ~misfit~, (misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz) said...

    > (I haven't found Heaven's Light or Guardian
    > Angel despite risking my skellimancer's life on a daily basis MFing)

    (hands misfit a handkerchief) Well, I've found one, but in Single-
    Player. And thankfully my pally is meanwhile good enough to wear it,
    cause if Patch 1.11 makes ATMA fail, how am I supposed to ever transfer
    it when it is about time?

    I pray that Tenshi makes another version, so that we can still use his
    great program to ease all that muling.

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, "~misfit~" wrote:

    >> t can take half that time
    >> to go around all the machines rejoining (they usually say "lost connection
    >> to battlenet) and re-partying. As you know I'm an invalid with a bad back

    Let me teach you a thing about being lazy.

    KVM switch.

    With this gizmo, I have 4 machines and one keyboard/video/mouse hardware
    set sitting in front of me. To switch machines I punch the button on
    the KVM switch. Getting 4 machines onto b.net and getting 3 mules &
    main character into the same game is trivial.

    KVM switches are pretty cheap.

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Woot!!! No re-set as yet! However, my HC MF necro is a lot more vulnerable
    > without the "Marrowwalk feature".

    The great thing about a sunmmoner necro,, the Marrows were just a bonus. My
    nec still has a 2k bone spirit and 500 damage absorb bone armor even with
    the bug gone, and he can STILL steamroll over anything in his path. I love
    summoners.

    Steve W wrote on Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:30:40 GMT:

    > "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message

    > > You know that when you kill Shenk, everything in his vicinity dies.
    > > Ditto BloodRaven.
    > >
    > > So when DIABLO WALKS, take the wp near Eldritch, go to him (he becomes
    > > DC) then retreat to Shenk, teasing DC with you. Then when DC is close
    > > to Shenk, kill Shenk. DC dies, you've made a PURE CHEESE kill of DC.

    > I thought that was already fixed.

    It was fixed over a year ago (but they didn't fix the one where you spawn
    DC at the Hellforge, lure him into the CS, then open all the seals and
    kill the 3 seal bosses).

    --
    "Ruleless 'law' will be a political weapon and control of the
    judiciary will therefore be a political prize. 'Democracy' will

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > >> Don't say that! I've only just started to accumulate some 'wealth'
    > >> in HC.
    > >
    > > Sorry about that.
    >
    > Woot!!! No re-set as yet! However, my HC MF necro is a lot more vulnerable
    > without the "Marrowwalk feature". To think, all those extra points I put in
    > strength so he could wear them could have gone into Vitality instead. He
    > could 'make do' with War Travellers as he's an MFer, they have a lower
    > strength requirement.
    >
    > BTW, thanks for the Heaven's Light.

    What!?! No reset? But that's the only reason I gave you the HL!!!!!
    I'll need it back now ;)

    Fortunately, I refuse to wear marrows on my necs. :) Of course, that
    may be whey they tend to have their deeds remembered.

    > It could indeed. I'm bummed out as I bought some Marrows a couple days ago
    > for my hybrid Golemlord/Boner and, although he's still only level 64 and
    > can't wear them, I've been pumping his strength for the last eight
    level-ups
    > in preparation. The only other benefit Marrows have for a necro is + to
    > skelly mastery and he's not raising skellys so that's a waste of points
    that
    > could have gone into vitaility.

    This just in, adding a point to Prison will not give you the bonus back. Hit
    92 a few minutes ago.

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> Woot!!! No re-set as yet! However, my HC MF necro is a lot more vulnerable
    >> without the "Marrowwalk feature".
    >
    >The great thing about a sunmmoner necro,, the Marrows were just a bonus. My
    >nec still has a 2k bone spirit and 500 damage absorb bone armor even with
    >the bug gone, and he can STILL steamroll over anything in his path. I love
    >summoners.

    I was, ummm, examining my boner earlier, and he doesn't look too shabby after
    the change either. Then again, he wasn't built specifically around the
    marrows, either. Dalai's fireball amazon, on the other hand, looks like a
    fish out of water.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote

    >Looks like Blizzard had announced that a new patch is coming:
    >http://www.battle.net/
    >
    >No word on what it entails. But this was posted on another forum from a
    >Taiwanese site (http://www.unalis.com.tw/news/NewsDetail.aspx?ID=319):
    >Dialbo II load of destruction V1.11 will be out in August.
    >
    >After a long wait, Blizzard expects to release Diablo II Expansion: Lord of
    >Destruction V1.11 in August. A new secret quest will be in Hell games.
    >Players must search through the evil caves to the throne of destruction to
    >find out the new Evil and kill it. This difficult quest will test the
    >ability of each player.
    >
    >In v1.11, besides the new quest, player vs player will be cruder. For
    >example, there will be no time delay when casting town portal, which was for
    >player to have more time prepare for a fight or escape. The paladin cannot
    >use blessed hammer in town to avoid being harmed when coming out of the
    >town. When fighting the uber Diablo, be careful of not let Shenk or Blood
    >raven die. This will make killing uber Diablo more difficult. Also, when
    >equipment has certain skill, but player doesn't have this skill, this skill
    >can not be used or added.
    >
    >Player doesn't need to worry. In V1.11, there are 10 more rune words. The
    >new equipment that never before seen can be found in some boss monsters. For
    >merc, player can hire the merc only 1- 5 level lower than player. Mer can
    >gain experience more quickly and can live longer to help player.
    >**************************************
    >
    >So given past Blizzard performance, we should get the patch in August 2007.
    >I can't wait, LOL. Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

    Didn't Blizzard say that 1.10 would be the last patch for Diablo 2?
    --

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org>, supreme
    ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >Didn't Blizzard say that 1.10 would be the last patch for Diablo 2?

    What I thought they said was that 1.10 would be the last patch with major
    balance changes. And I don't consider marrowwalks fix to be a major balance
    change (I realise you didn't mention marrows, but someone is bound to), since
    I play so many build, and the people I game with play so many builds (although
    losing trangs+moonfall at the same time was annoying). The marrows change is
    simply a drop in the ocean for us. For others, I guess it might be considered
    a major change.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Games Diablo Blizzard Video Games