Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that o..

Last response: in Network Providers
July 9, 2004 1:48:26 PM

Does Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that one's
(sprint) cell # has changed ?

In other words, if someone has lived in Florida for years, then
switches to Verizon. But keeps her previous cell phone number from
T-Mobile.

Then relocates to California a few months later wishes to change over
to a Los Angeles area code number.

Would or does Verizon have any kind of a recording which tells
callers, for say a month or so, that the phone number has changed and
tell them the new phone number ?

Thanks,
J.B.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 1:48:27 PM

Yeah, it's called, Pay for another month of service, and change your voice
mail message accordingly.

"J. Bernie J." < - no spam -- jbb4545@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that one's
> (sprint) cell # has changed ?
>
> In other words, if someone has lived in Florida for years, then
> switches to Verizon. But keeps her previous cell phone number from
> T-Mobile.
>
> Then relocates to California a few months later wishes to change over
> to a Los Angeles area code number.
>
> Would or does Verizon have any kind of a recording which tells
> callers, for say a month or so, that the phone number has changed and
> tell them the new phone number ?
>
> Thanks,
> J.B.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 3:54:27 PM

J. Bernie J. < - no spam -- jbb4545@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that one's
> (sprint) cell # has changed ?

Neither Sprint nor Verizon has such a service, as far as I know. My assumption
stems from the fact that I had accounts with both carriers last year when
I moved from Ohio to California and a service like this was never offered
to me.

July 9, 2004 3:57:36 PM

Brandon Linden <blinden@wpa.net> wrote:
> Yeah, it's called, Pay for another month of service, and change your voice
> mail message accordingly.

That's not the way it works. When you move from one CSA (market area) to
another, at least with Sprint and Verizon, the move is treated as a
cancellation of the old account and an initiation of the new one. Sprint
even issues an ETF for the one line and an activation fee for the other,
although, of course, both are credited back on the same statement (I assume
they do this to keep their books accurate).

This is from direct experience during a move last year in which I moved
a Sprint account and a Verizon account. As far as I know, you *can't* keep
the old account open.

July 10, 2004 11:28:22 AM

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:54:27 -0500, Steven J Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

>J. Bernie J. < - no spam -- jbb4545@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Does Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that one's
>> (sprint) cell # has changed ?
>
>Neither Sprint nor Verizon has such a service, as far as I know. My assumption
>stems from the fact that I had accounts with both carriers last year when
>I moved from Ohio to California and a service like this was never offered
>to me.

Thanks,

My question is whether Verizon does or will offer a message, as does
one's local land line company, simply informing callers to the
"former/old" phone number and tell them what the new number is.

Just that simple.

Does Verizon provide that simple utility ?

Thanks
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 4:06:08 PM

J. Bernie J. < - no spam -- jbb4545@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My question is whether Verizon does or will offer a message, as does
> one's local land line company, simply informing callers to the
> "former/old" phone number and tell them what the new number is.
>
> Just that simple.
>
> Does Verizon provide that simple utility ?

What's your deal? I just told you no, and you asked me the same thing
again. You did the same thing to Rob over in the Sprint newsgroup. Are you
planning on asking over and over until the answer is yes?

July 12, 2004 1:24:45 AM

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:28:22 GMT, J. Bernie J. < - no spam --
jbb4545@yahoo.com> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the
universe, and everything:

>On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:54:27 -0500, Steven J Sobol
><sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
>
>>J. Bernie J. < - no spam -- jbb4545@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Does Verizon provide the service of a message to callers that one's
>>> (sprint) cell # has changed ?
>>
>>Neither Sprint nor Verizon has such a service, as far as I know. My assumption
>>stems from the fact that I had accounts with both carriers last year when
>>I moved from Ohio to California and a service like this was never offered
>>to me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>My question is whether Verizon does or will offer a message, as does
>one's local land line company, simply informing callers to the
>"former/old" phone number and tell them what the new number is.
>
>Just that simple.
>
>Does Verizon provide that simple utility ?

And his answer was just that simple: no.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Oh, sure, we still teach our children some Halloween traditions. We teach
them that this is a time when we buy pumpkins and carve faces into them.
But we don't teach them the underlying spiritual reason WHY we do this,
which is that each fall, the average American pumpkin farmer produces 17
trillion of these things, and if he doesn't get rid of them, they will rot,
and everything the farmer owns, including his smaller children, will
disappear under a gigantic cloud of flies. THAT is why we buy pumpkins and
carve faces into them." - Dave Barry
!