PC Games Mem Usage >500,000 and Causes Crash

goel0012

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Whenever I start my games COD4 MW and MW2, my memory usage for both games goes up into the 300,000 and as I progress through the game, maybe 5 minutes, the game freezes in the 600,000 range!
Is anyone familiar with what causes this? I didn't have these issues with my previous motherboard. I recently upgraded to a BioStar TA760G M2 which has on-board RealTek HD audio which I've read causes problems with Activion games but I've also installed non-Activision games with the same problem. I'm a novice builder, OC'er, and avid gamer. BTW, I did OC my machine, here are the specs;
nVidia 7950 GT OC'ed a bit
CorsairDominator 2x2gb 1600 DDR2
AMD 64 Athlon X2 2.1 ghz OC'ed to 2.85 ghz
CoolMaster 500w PSU
BioStar TA760G M2 mobo
Things I've tried;
Ran MemTest86 on two sets of DDR2 I have with no errors and tried both sets with same results.
Tried a non-Activision game thinking it was a problem with Activision programing and the components in my machine.
I have formatted and re-installed my games.
I have formatted and re-installed my video card.
I have formatted and re-installed audio drivers.
I don't get errors when I run the games, my Mem Usage just increases to a point where the game freezes.
Any ideas floating around out there??

goel0012

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
BTW, no other programs cause or have this problem. I installed a Hauppauge TV Tuner and DVR PCI card and have had no problems with that.
I read something about Memory Leakage, but that tends to be caused by how the programs are written and interact with hardware. Since all the PC games I've installed and tried have caused the same problem, I've ruled this out...kinda. :pt1cable: