Hi everyone.Firstly does a computer have a mind of its own.I havnt changed
any settings yet i am trying to download some music and all of a sudden it
wont download because I dont have a tcp port available.How does this happen
when ive already downloaded 100s of songs and in the next breath...I can't.
Please help as I am now pulling my hair out
Many Thanks
Trudibabe

Malke

Trudibabe wrote:

> Hi everyone.Firstly does a computer have a mind of its own.I havnt
> changed any settings yet i am trying to download some music and all of
> a sudden it wont download because I dont have a tcp port available.How
> does this happen when ive already downloaded 100s of songs and in the
> next breath...I can't. Please help as I am now pulling my hair out
> Many Thanks
> Trudibabe

Please do the normal troubleshooting for malware:

Follow the steps on the website above systematically, doing all work
with updated tools in Safe Mode.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Byte

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition - Download Free version and Run It!
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the
rest of your life.

"Trudibabe" wrote:

> Hi everyone.Firstly does a computer have a mind of its own.I havnt changed
> any settings yet i am trying to download some music and all of a sudden it
> wont download because I dont have a tcp port available.How does this happen
> when ive already downloaded 100s of songs and in the next breath...I can't.
> Please help as I am now pulling my hair out
> Many Thanks
> Trudibabe

Don't forget to check out Microsoft's Anti Spyware.
www.microsoft.com/spyware

Sometimes it could be because you truely ran out of ports. Are you trying to
download too many things at one go using P2P transfers?

You could go at command prompt type "netstat -a". If you see a lot of ports
established, i really mean a lot. A computer can have ports ranging to as
high as 65535.

But then again, to get a machine to use up all those ports, you gotta be
downloading tons of stuff at once.

/Dennis