ipse

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2003
Hello I am a new commer to this forum, but i would like to bring up the question of motherboard companies adn their support for their customers. I have a Abit KX7-333.. that has a KT333Ce dhip.. not Abit does not suppot a 333 fsb cpe on this board. "the KT333 is not supported", how ever there are board that have the same chip and DO support the cpu-333..
I want to know is there any one out there that does have the KX7-333 running with a 333 cpu. please post..and what are your thoughts on the issue.. I know that the board does support it but
I give up on ABIT, and when i up grade in a month I know Abit is not going to be considered. I have had Abit board for years. When a company releases a board and then 4-5 months later they no longer support it... people need to question their intentions. They Knew what was going to happen. they knew that Amd was changing up their line of CPU's and they Knew that the New NForce boards where coming.. in any business there must be plans for the future and this was planed... The company screwed us KX7 users over. That damn email that you get questioning the boards bios.. i have recieved the same email every time i ask the question.. the damn thing is like a automated response.. nobody is answering it,, its just a computer.
I suggest that all users look for another mother board company for their next up grade. You dont know when your NEW board is going to be on the choping block..

Another Let down customer
Ipse

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
the VIA KT333 Chipset does not offically support CPUs with a 333Mhz FSB. it supports up to 266 CPU FSB and an asynchronous RAM speed of 333.

That's probably what they're trying to say. Some KT333 mobos would deal with it, many wouldn't.

Don't blame Abit - blame VIA - it's their chipset that's screwing you up.

The Abit NF7-S Nforce2 board is well loved by people, as are their P4 boards. Don't let your hate for Abit stop you considering what is a good motherboard for your upgrade.

---
The end is nigh.. (For this post at least) :smile:

ipse

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2003
MSI KT3 Ultra KT333CE, KT3V(MS-6712) and the KT3M(MS-6596). even the soltek SL-75DRV5 have the KT333CE chip. i do agree that Via should change the rating system of what their chips support. but Abit knew what it was doing.. and if you go to the websites of these manufactures they do support "OFFICIALLY" the 333cpu on the KT333CE chip...
thank you for the reply

ipse