Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Modern Warfare 2 VS Crysis

Last response: in Video Games
November 13, 2009 2:27:57 AM

I just bought the PC version and played the game upon installing it for a good 45minutes. I didnt find it great although it was fun. The story is far from captivating as the Sci-fi feel that Crysis gives us gamers... of course one could argue that this is supposed to simulate reality and current situations, but regardless I still prefer Crysis and its story.
For one, the graphics are far superior for a two year old game. Albeit, I respect a game that can test a hardcore gamers system and yet can still be played with a 5-3 year old PC on minimum settings. I have read articles where a$ 30,000 supercomputer has basically been able to handle Crysis at its highest possible benchmark in every category. It took this much money to get crazy FPS. That is a feat in a manys eyes as we see more and more new and powerful systems still trying to crack Crysis’s GPU threshold.
Most people will argue that Crysis is just for the visuals, but yet, its physics alone also shows us that Crytech was way ahead of its time 2-3 years ago when the game was being developed. Much more than you can say EA was doing with all their budget and money from COD sales…… The marketing machine at its best where quality is foregone because of the EA name brand…..
Crysis may not be as fluid as COD or as fast and as fun in multiplayer but its significance with hardcore PC builders and system testers is far beyond the sales aspect of Call of Duty... Crysis is still the bench game to beat, COD is the game to beat in terms of sales, I guess they both have their different benchmarks... so basically the mass market loves MW2, they also love fast food and coke even though it’s not the best thing for your health.... like a marketing bandwagon, as for me, I bought the game just to see if it could top Crysis and even in the basic story, it didn’t, it’s a bit faster but the graphics isn’t better, as the physics isn’t even on par with Crysis surprisingly. In Crysis we have a tasteful game like Crysis is better enjoyed by those that know quality.

More about : modern warfare crysis

Best solution

November 13, 2009 5:24:30 PM

You cannot compare Crysis to MW2, basically 2 VERY different engines and the fact that one will play with mediocre hardware while the other won't. To this date the physics of Crysis and Warhead and superior to anything we have seen so far. Even though Crysis does have superior visuals, the game sucks in the multiplayer arena vs. CoD. CoD's MP gameplay is second to none... Or at least IMO...
November 16, 2009 2:35:10 AM

OvrClkr said:
You cannot compare Crysis to MW2, basically 2 VERY different engines and the fact that one will play with mediocre hardware while the other won't. To this date the physics of Crysis and Warhead and superior to anything we have seen so far. Even though Crysis does have superior visuals, the game sucks in the multiplayer arena vs. CoD. CoD's MP gameplay is second to none... Or at least IMO...

Yeah its not made for multiplayer.... the Crytech engine is too graphics and cpu intensive that if a huge multiplayer game with tanks and jets are part of the game, it boggs down the system no matter what GPU you have..... but thats basically evolution, other developers are not utilizing the true potential of the Cryengine2......
Score
Related resources
November 16, 2009 1:45:30 PM

I sure hope Crysis 2 is better in terms of MP. Would be nice to sacrafice a bit of physics for better gameplay.
Score
February 4, 2010 6:12:01 AM

comon this is such a good topic albeit Crysis is age old, it still holds up to the very best of today in terms of story and benchmarks which everyone still tests when they get new cards or want to compare
Score
March 8, 2010 1:02:42 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
Score
August 17, 2011 2:07:35 PM

I have played both "Call of Duty" and "Crysis" and i liked it. But if someone will tell me about more fun, it was 100% Crysis. in COD, u will have support of your fellow team so it gets easier to complete the stage but its not that interesting as Crysis. One more thing, If you are using HD display, Crysis wins on its quality of graphics like water, trees, sun, sky etc etc.

Both are kind of son of a single mother so we can not choose which is better and which is worst :) 
Score
August 17, 2011 3:01:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!