dumpiing physical memory

bryce

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2001

Have new toshiba laptop no idea whats going on. Once a week i get blue
screen with a hole lot of jargon that means nothing to me. It wants to
dump physical memory to disk.
catergory ( 102 )
event ID 1003
error code 0000000a
Running xp
antivirus is up to date
Please help :)
bryceo22@hotmail.com

--
bryce

Usually this is an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or
BIOS
It could also be an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system
service, virus scanner, or backup tool

Have you added anything to the laptop? If not, I'd suggest you take it back
to the store and have them repair it under warranty (backup your stuff
first!).

If you have added any programs/hardware, check your Event Viewer for any
further information on what file may be causing this (Start...Control
Panel...Administrative Tools...Event Viewer). If you can't find any specific
reference to a file/program - start updating all the drivers from lowest to
highest (ie. BIOS, motherboard drivers, video, audio, LAN, etc).

"bryce" wrote:

> Have new toshiba laptop no idea whats going on. Once a week i get blue
> screen with a hole lot of jargon that means nothing to me. It wants to
> dump physical memory to disk.
> catergory ( 102 )
> event ID 1003
> error code 0000000a
> Running xp
> antivirus is up to date
> Please help :)
> bryceo22@hotmail.com
>

> --
> bryce

Hi Bryce,

Locate the most recent .dmp file, send it to me at the email address used
here. Use the subject line "per req" to bypass the filters or I will never
see it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/