ABIT MB Dead after 30 days! HELP!

Steady

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Purchased this MB from newegg.com:

ABIT BH7,Intel 845PE chipset support P4 Socket 478,SATA,4phase PWM,USB 2.0 ATX motherboard Retail
Specifications:
Supported CPU:Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 processors with 533/400 MHz Front Side Bus
Supports Hyper-Threading
Chipset:Intel 82845PE / 82801DB (ICH4)
FSB:533/400 MHz
RAM:3x DDR DIMM 200/266/333 Max 2GB of Unbuffered Non-ECC ram
ATA:2xUDMA 100/66/33 (Support 3 devices)
SERIAL ATA: 1-Channel Serial ATA interface of 150MB/sec
Ports:1xFDD, 2xPS2, 4xUSB, 1xRJ45, 1xSP/PDIF and Audio Ports
Slots:1xAGP and 5xPCI
Onboard LAN: 10/100MB PCI Ethernet Controller
Onboard Audio:6-Channel AC 97 CODEC

Customer returned the whole box to me, the system will not power on. He did not do anything to the box, was running fine with no problems. I unplugged the small ATX 12v pwer from the MB and powered the computer on and the power supply fan turns on but the CPU fan does not. When I plug the 112v ATX power back in the power supply fan does not run.

I hope I have accurately described my issue, please help. Is it Power supply? Motherboard fried?

Daniel

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Don't you have a spare power supply to test it with?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Seems to me a small business requires some investment in overhead/equipment.

Was also wondering why you cannot use the powersupply of the device you are writing this post on to test?

Have some friends who can help out in a pinch?

Run out and buy a power supply? Like $20-$40
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&manufactory=1919&catalog=58&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1" target="_new">http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&manufactory=1919&catalog=58&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1</A>

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 08/27/03 09:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

endyen

Splendid
Try the board out of the case, with only the bare minimum to post. Your customer may have jarred/droped/hit the case, and knocked something out of place. He also may have fiddled with something.

Steady

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Flinx,

Regardless of my circumstances I do not have a power supply where I am at at the moment. Staying at a friends house due to some speed bumps in the road of life. I think I will send the board back to the Mfg. I was hoping to to find solution before sending it out for RMA.

Regards,

Steady
www.steadysystems.com