Multple users

I have a question on multiple users and I am a newbie.on this subject.
I just bought a new laptop: pentium 4 with windows xp pro and 1 gigabyte of
memory.
All windows updates are completed along with anti-virus and spy ware
updates.
Scanning the system, nothing is found.
My question is that there is 3 users( all 3 are administrators), they have
their own passwards and files are marked private.
One user has found icons related to the others desktop on her desktop.
One was napster and I believe the icon appearing on her desktop is okay.
Also, the desktop background was changed from the "beach" theme to some sort
of racing car.
I don't understand how her background got changed.
I always thought that a person can customize their on desktop and no one
else can change it unless they are logged into that person's desktop.

Has one of the users figured out the others password by chance and played
around in their desktop?
Is the only way that this is happening if someone knows the other user's
password?

What if you use the fast switching mode?
Can a person log into their desktop and also go into the user's desktop (the
user that was logged on before the fast user's switch)?

Is it always a good practice to log off their account when they are thru
using the desktop before shutting the computer down?

I suggested to one of the user's (the one with the desktop being changed) to
immediately changed her password.
Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this subject.
Thanks

Hi.. The desktop wallpaper is saved in the windows registry for each user.
You are sure correct that is should be separate for each user. Not sure how
it could get changed without that user being signed on..

As for the desktop icons, go to windows explorer and look in the documents
and setings folder.. There should be a folder for "all users" and one for
each user. when you sign on, all users get the desktop icons located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

Each user gets their individual icons stored at their user location.. If
the users name is "ted", ted's person desktop items would come from..

C:\Documents and Settings\ted\Desktop

So, if you install a program that writes it's shortcut to the "All users"
one, every user on the box will get those items on their desktop. if you
delete that item from the "all users" desktop, it will be gone for all users..

That is probably what you are seeing.. I've run into this myself when
installing an application. I hope that helps out.