a7n8x deluxe & usb2.0

How do I know if usb2.0 drivers are installed? In Device Manager the usb driver appears as a question mark. However, I have a functioning usb mouse and webcam.

/\/\ito
5 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x deluxe usb2
  1. The question mark means the drivers aren't installed. You need to install the USB drivers off the disk that came with it. It's a walk through thing that you have to follow step by step to get them installed.

Well, I didn't think that was gonna happen!!!
  2. hi,

when I first installed winxp and the nForce drivers, the nforce setup stated something that if USB wasn't properly installed, I'd have to reinstall WinXP again.

I did install the usb HotFix that comes with nforce cd.
    I downloaded the usb2.0 driver from nvidia, but I'm afraid to install it.

Also, if usb2.0 isn't installed, why is my mouse and webcam working?

Thanks.

/\/\ito
  3. Mouse & web cam got generic Windows drivers durning the install. Look in Device Manager & check the drivers they have.

The Hotfix as you call it didn't install or you wouldn't have a question mark on the USB in Device Manager IMO.

As for reinstalling XP, I've never heard that. I must have built 7 or 8 machines with this very board now. I've always used the CD & it's worked every time.

Other than that, I wouldn't know. Hope you get it

4. USB 2.0 drivers are on SP1 for WinXP. Install SP1 and after, have XP to automaticly find the drivers and they will install.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
  5. I din't think to ask if he had SP1. Your right.

Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Device Manager Drivers USB