HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N

hi every one, i'm having problem with my cd/rw drive saying that the
drivers are corrupted or missing, can anyone help me with th drivers
for this HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N thanks alot Saj
9 answers Last reply
More about 4243n

    nah mate i tried that... it still doesnt work it says that it finds a
    new hardware but then it its it might not be working propperly back to
    square one.. please help

    Then it could be a firmware problem - check for updates on the manufacturer's
    website. Or, it could be a bad drive!

    CD writers are usually designed to use the generic drivers that load with
    Windows - so, chances are that it's something else that's bad.

    "Saajan" wrote:

    > nah mate i tried that... it still doesnt work it says that it finds a
    > new hardware but then it its it might not be working propperly back to
    > square one.. please help

    the dont have it, this is why i'm asking everyone.. and i'm pretty sure
    i just need the drive.. i spoke with manufactures earlier on today and
    they said that i have to boot disc it whih mean factory setting and i'm
    gonna lost everything.. it wouldnt have been a problem if it was a well
    known product like sony,toshiba.. anyway cheers for ur help.. keep me
    posted

    Saajan wrote:

    > the dont have it, this is why i'm asking everyone.. and i'm pretty
    > sure i just need the drive.. i spoke with manufactures earlier on
    > today and they said that i have to boot disc it whih mean factory
    > setting and i'm gonna lost everything.. it wouldnt have been a problem
    > if it was a well known product like sony,toshiba.. anyway cheers for
    > ur help.. keep me posted

    Your post is extremely hard to understand. Certainly you should not
    reinstall Windows for this error. Swap the drive out for a
    known-working one. If the substitute drive works, then you know your
    original drive has failed and it must be replaced.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Saajan wrote:
    > hi every one, i'm having problem with my cd/rw drive saying that the
    > drivers are corrupted or missing, can anyone help me with th drivers
    > for this HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N thanks alot Saj

    Uninstall the drive via device manager and reboot,when you reboot new
    hardware will be found(your drive) and reinstalled.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    i did that stupid acer dont have drivers for cd rom but they have for
    everything else... have u guys heard of acer?
    www.acer.com
    travel mate 2350 is my laptop
    thank you people anyways trying to help really appriciate it
    thanks again

    Saajan

    Go to the laptop computer manufacturer website and look for drivers there..
    one assumes that it was supplied with your laptop..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Saajan" <mohsin.malique@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > the dont have it, this is why i'm asking everyone.. and i'm pretty sure
    > i just need the drive.. i spoke with manufactures earlier on today and
    > they said that i have to boot disc it whih mean factory setting and i'm
    > gonna lost everything.. it wouldnt have been a problem if it was a well
    > known product like sony,toshiba.. anyway cheers for ur help.. keep me
    > posted

    Saajan

    I would suggest that you go back to where you bought the laptop, and ask
    them to check out the drive.. perhaps they can try another drive in the
    machine..

    --

    >i did that stupid acer dont have drivers for cd rom but they have for
    > everything else... have u guys heard of acer?
    > www.acer.com
    > travel mate 2350 is my laptop
    > thank you people anyways trying to help really appriciate it
    > thanks again

    i did contact them and they said they wanna tak it away and reboot it
    and the drivers are in the reboot disk, so im trying to avoid the
    reboot cos i would lose all my data and i dont have any other means to
    tranfer my documents on as my CD ROM packed up u see, anyways thanks
    guys keep me posted

DVD Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP