Your question

Can't use email addresses

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Email
Last response: in Windows 7
August 31, 2010 8:32:55 PM

Hello,
Have Windows 7 Live Mail. I need to copy and past about 100 email addresses & send out a letter but Live Mail will not let me send more than one at a time. Get a message that it doesn't recognize the "name", which is where I paste the email address. Help !

More about : email addresses

August 31, 2010 8:35:36 PM

sign into whatever email service are using and send it directly from there
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
August 31, 2010 8:52:14 PM

Did you separate the names with commas (or, some programs require semicolons)?

Remember that some people prefer that their e-mail addresses remain private and get upset when their address appears in the "To:" header of everyone else's e-mails. E-mail etiquette calls for using "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) to send to a list of people who don't know each other.
m
l
Related resources
August 31, 2010 9:15:02 PM

sminlal said:
Did you separate the names with commas (or, some programs require semicolons)?

Remember that some people prefer that their e-mail addresses remain private and get upset when their address appears in the "To:" header of everyone else's e-mails. E-mail etiquette calls for using "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) to send to a list of people who don't know each other.

Did try the commas and then the semicolons...neither worked. I will attempt to use BCC next. If that doesn't work will try going directly from Yahoo.

Thanks
m
l
August 31, 2010 9:15:54 PM

505090 said:

Thanks...I will try that if BCC doesn't work.
m
l
September 1, 2010 2:12:25 AM

you should use the bcc anyway as a matter of common courtesy
m
l
September 1, 2010 3:06:41 AM

505090 said:
you should use the bcc anyway as a matter of common courtesy

Thanks for the reminder. I opened a gmail account and sent from there and used the BCC.
m
l
September 2, 2010 8:49:07 PM

505090 said:

Okay, that was Yahoo. Went there but apparently because I don't use it any longer it still recognizes my user name and passwords and stores my stuff but won't let me Compose a letter. No access to Compose at all. So I opened an account in Google and had to cut and paste into the address bar and BCC one at a time ! Great fun ! ) :

I think now I need to find out if Google will let me make a "group" list. Can't find a way to do that on Live Mail so I gave up on them.
m
l
September 3, 2010 7:22:01 AM

if you enter your contact in gmail you can group them and send mass mailings
m
l
September 4, 2010 3:10:21 AM

505090 said:
if you enter your contact in gmail you can group them and send mass mailings

Not sure I understand just what you mean by enter your contact. I have 100 of them. I guess I was looking for somewhere in an address book I could list them as a group. (The Google gmail is new to me..so don't know yet what they do and don't offer)
m
l
September 4, 2010 8:53:19 AM

sign in to gmail then look at the left column for contacts. Once they are all entered you can group them however you wish
m
l