Can't use email addresses

Hello,
Have Windows 7 Live Mail. I need to copy and past about 100 email addresses & send out a letter but Live Mail will not let me send more than one at a time. Get a message that it doesn't recognize the "name", which is where I paste the email address. Help !
10 answers Last reply
More about email addresses
  1. sign into whatever email service are using and send it directly from there
  2. Did you separate the names with commas (or, some programs require semicolons)?

Remember that some people prefer that their e-mail addresses remain private and get upset when their address appears in the "To:" header of everyone else's e-mails. E-mail etiquette calls for using "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) to send to a list of people who don't know each other.
  3. sminlal said:
    Did you separate the names with commas (or, some programs require semicolons)?

Remember that some people prefer that their e-mail addresses remain private and get upset when their address appears in the "To:" header of everyone else's e-mails. E-mail etiquette calls for using "BCC" (Blind Carbon Copy) to send to a list of people who don't know each other.

Did try the commas and then the semicolons...neither worked. I will attempt to use BCC next. If that doesn't work will try going directly from Yahoo.

Thanks
  4. 505090 said:
    sign into whatever email service are using and send it directly from there

Thanks...I will try that if BCC doesn't work.
  5. you should use the bcc anyway as a matter of common courtesy
  6. 505090 said:
    you should use the bcc anyway as a matter of common courtesy

Thanks for the reminder. I opened a gmail account and sent from there and used the BCC.
  7. 505090 said:
    sign into whatever email service are using and send it directly from there

Okay, that was Yahoo. Went there but apparently because I don't use it any longer it still recognizes my user name and passwords and stores my stuff but won't let me Compose a letter. No access to Compose at all. So I opened an account in Google and had to cut and paste into the address bar and BCC one at a time ! Great fun ! ) :

I think now I need to find out if Google will let me make a "group" list. Can't find a way to do that on Live Mail so I gave up on them.
  8. if you enter your contact in gmail you can group them and send mass mailings
  9. 505090 said:
    if you enter your contact in gmail you can group them and send mass mailings

Not sure I understand just what you mean by enter your contact. I have 100 of them. I guess I was looking for somewhere in an address book I could list them as a group. (The Google gmail is new to me..so don't know yet what they do and don't offer)
  10. sign in to gmail then look at the left column for contacts. Once they are all entered you can group them however you wish
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Email