2 New Asus A7N8X OS Install Problems!!!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey!

I just got in 2 Asus A7n8x motherboards and pc 333 ram for both boards. One is for a friend and the other for me. We are both having problems installing Windows. It formats the HD's just fine but when it tries to copy files over, it either can't copy the files or we get a blue screen 'o death. I just updated to the lastest bios on the asus website, and still the same thing. (btw - I am running an athlon xp 2500+ and he is running a Tbird 1.4 gig) All ram and timing settings are default. As far as I'm aware, this is not a Deluxe board, and it definitely doesn't have integrated graphix. Please help!!! I'm moving to Toronto on Tuesday and I need to get this stuff fixed ASAP!!! Thanks!

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

endyen

Splendid
Are these sata or ide drives? Are you loading XP or?
I had trouble loading xp on my A7N8X board, so I went into the bios and made the hdd nonbootable. When XP restarted the first time, I had to make the hdd bootable again. You might also check to make sure your bios is correctly detecting the drive.

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ACtually, it turns out all 3 sticks of ram I got are bad, or at least arent PC333 RAM as they are labeled. I tested my own PC333 ram that I used all the time and everytrhing worked like a charm. Time to RMA 3 sticks :/

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

RCPilot

Champion
Oh, I see. I was just wondering is all. I've built several machines with that board.

Glad you got it sorted out though.

Well, I didn't think that was gonna happen!!!