Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I have a dell XPS M1730

16-color, RGB LightFX™ in the front speaker grill
Illuminated tail lights
Customizable touchpad back-lightning
Aggressive lines and a high-tech hydrographic pattern
White
Intel Core 2 Extreme X7900 (3.2GHz/4MB L2/ 800MHz FSB)
17-inch WUXGA display
Dual Nvidia GeForce 8700M-GT in SLI (256MB each)
Dual 200GB 7200RPM Hitachi drives in RAID 0 (striped data)
4GB DDR2-667 RAM in dual-channel
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN wireless
8X DVD Burner
9-cell battery
Windows professional

This is a badass computer.
Never been refurbished
I had the gold membership warranty on this machine and has always ran flawless
I bought this laptop new in 2008

$4200 for this computer new in 2008
I will sell for $2500 Obo

I have original box and original driver disks and warranty info

I need to sell this laptop bc of an upcoming wedding in june
I can be contacted by email at
Blanchardzack@gmail.com

Limrick

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Ok so an offer would be great. An outdated? Bro u know as well as I do this CPU runs w anything on the market rt now.

Limrick

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
So looking at a few other xps m1730 on the net they seem to be selling for the 900 dollar range. Sad to see that bc u can't even buy a new computer even close to this one for that price.

I'll take 900 obo

Outdated yes. Its 4 years old. Its got vid cards in it that are what now 5 generations old? Im not trying to be an ass, just trying to be realistic. Id honestly be surprised if you get 900 for it. Sorry man.

Limrick

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
And I believe best buy sells those cards.? Yes and this CPU could run them?.. Yes
So I'd say some of the hardware may be outdated. Bt could def be upgraded and run w no problem

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Best Buy doesn't sell mobile cards, MXM or otherwise. You can drop $900 for a used Alienware M14X with an i5 (a little more for an i7) and a GeForce GT 555m that'll smoke this computer. You'd be lucky to get $500.

I don't mean to be mean Limrick, but the CPU is on par with an AMD A8, first Gen i3...maybe A6 if you overclock it just a touch and the GPU is right between the Radeon 6620G and 6490M. You'd get better battery life and equal performance with ANY A8 laptop for well under $900. Anyhow, good luck with the sale, but you won't be finding any takers here over $600. 2008 was a LONG time ago in computer time.

I suggest ebay or craigslist.

Limrick

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
The computer sold last night on Craigslist for 875. The laptops you guys say are in the same range are bare bones CPU w maybe windows I had auto cad, windows ultimate an extra Tera byte external that was w it and my joystick and mouse w portable keyboard
Folson leather carry case 17 games and I paid the shipping. This site has been a waste of time. Hearing nothin bt critism. The guy I sold the CPU to was happy as hell to get that setup for 875. I bet. So again thanks for your input. The Filson bag it was in was a 375 leather bag. I'm glad you guys took the time to waste space on my thread. ( lucky to get 500 for it)? What a joke. I bet if I woulda put it up for that y'all woulda been fighting over it. Fkn queers.

teholdsedare

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
These guys have a point. We told you to go to craigslist... did you not believe us?

No one here in their right mind would have paid a dime over 500.

We know what this stuff is worth, and know where to find good deals.

We told you to go to craigslist because we know some fool that has cash to burn that doesnt know much about computers is going to scoop that up thinking its a good deal. Glad to see you followed directions. :)

Glad it sold, but dont get pissed at us for telling you the reality of the matter.

Limrick

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Yep yep sure. I believe it was on Craigslist 6 days b4 this site. Bt thanks anyways.
It does suck bt hey it sold so that's what I was looking for. Really wen I posted it for 2500 I had done very little research on what a CPU like this was selling for. I had seen a few on eBay going for 1100 refurbished w gb ram. And w the extras I have 2500 was on the high side bt really was looking for offers. After searching through Craigslist posting in Cali I found a couple xps systems identical to mine being sold as of last week the latest for 780 bones. So like I said w the extras I had on the system and the assorted 850 was fair. You guys will say this and that bt for sure was worth all of 800 complete package.

That response was a bit unnecessary.

We were trying to tell you what the computer was worth and tell you where you could sell it for the most. And there's nothing wrong with us telling you here that nobody on this forum values old slow hardware. If you want to get hostile...well, just be aware you end up coming off like a jerk.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Mine was an Acer AS4830TG-6808: i5-2450m, 4GB RAM (8GB with another stick I had), 500GB HDD (added a 80GB SSD, putting the mechanical drive in the optical drive slot), and a nVidia GT540m. Now that's a 14", I need portable power, but I paid $679 for it, and it destroys that laptop you sold.

Here's a refurbished 17" Asus G73SW: i7-2630qm, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, nVidia GTX 460m... $869, here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230111

My point? Most eBayers and Craigslisters have no friggin clue what things really are worth. That laptop you sold wasn't nearly worth what that guy paid, nor what fools on eBay were paying, HOWEVER I am very glad that you got $875 for it. As a bit of information, I tend to flip laptops once a year on Craigslist for nearly 100% of my original cost because people that buy from it are usually not knowledgeable at all.

Yeah, I just had my Mom sell her 1st Gen i3 on craigslist for like $50 more than I bought her 2nd Gen i3 for. It's pretty handy how easy it is to flip laptops. I see people asking like $450 for T4500 Core 2 Duo laptops there.

Status
Not open for further replies.