Bluetooth adapter for T720, V60, etc.

Last response: in Network Providers
July 9, 2004 10:05:03 PM

If you go to the Motorola site, navigate to the US phone accessories
page, select the T720 phone(CDMA), select Bluetooth Wireless Technology
products, you will find the Wireless Adapter DC600 - S9874, which claims
to be compatible with a whole bunch of Motorola phones, including the
T720/T730 and V60i.

When you go to the page for this accessory, it points you to several
Bluetooth accessories, such as headsets, USB adapters, and car kits that
work with this adapter.

The big question is "will this stuff work with the Verizon Wireless
version of these phones?" I contact Motorola, and after several iterations
(getting past them quoting the product specs on the web page) emphasizing
VZW's habit of disabling such functionality, they specicially claim that
it will work with VZW phones.

I contact VZW, and they specifically say no, it won't work, researching
providing this functionality for the future, blah, blah.

???????????????????

Has anyone actually tried this accessory on a VZW phone or have a
definitive answer to whether it will work?
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 12:24:15 AM

In article <ccmmof0tfc@news3.newsguy.com>,
CharlesH <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote:
>If you go to the Motorola site, navigate to the US phone accessories
>page, select the T720 phone(CDMA), select Bluetooth Wireless Technology
>products, you will find the Wireless Adapter DC600 - S9874, which claims
>to be compatible with a whole bunch of Motorola phones, including the
>T720/T730 and V60i.
>
>When you go to the page for this accessory, it points you to several
>Bluetooth accessories, such as headsets, USB adapters, and car kits that
>work with this adapter.
>
>The big question is "will this stuff work with the Verizon Wireless
>version of these phones?" I contact Motorola, and after several iterations
>(getting past them quoting the product specs on the web page) emphasizing
>VZW's habit of disabling such functionality, they specicially claim that
>it will work with VZW phones.
>
>I contact VZW, and they specifically say no, it won't work, researching
>providing this functionality for the future, blah, blah.
>
>???????????????????
>
>Has anyone actually tried this accessory on a VZW phone or have a
>definitive answer to whether it will work?

Following up my own post, a thread on howardforums indicates that this
accessory indeed works as advertised on VZW phones.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=...
Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:08:52 AM

On 9 Jul 2004 18:05:03 GMT, CharlesH wrote:

> If you go to the Motorola site, navigate to the US phone accessories
> page, select the T720 phone(CDMA), select Bluetooth Wireless Technology
> products, you will find the Wireless Adapter DC600 - S9874, which claims
> to be compatible with a whole bunch of Motorola phones, including the
> T720/T730 and V60i.
>
> When you go to the page for this accessory, it points you to several
> Bluetooth accessories, such as headsets, USB adapters, and car kits that
> work with this adapter.
>
> The big question is "will this stuff work with the Verizon Wireless
> version of these phones?" I contact Motorola, and after several iterations
> (getting past them quoting the product specs on the web page) emphasizing
> VZW's habit of disabling such functionality, they specicially claim that
> it will work with VZW phones.
>
> I contact VZW, and they specifically say no, it won't work, researching
> providing this functionality for the future, blah, blah.

> Has anyone actually tried this accessory on a VZW phone or have a
> definitive answer to whether it will work?

They do indeed work. They use the same hookup as the speakerphones that
plug into the bottom socket.
!