Sign in with
Your question

Slow Launching CoD Games?

Last response: in Video Games
November 14, 2009 8:06:54 PM

Hey Everyone!

Basically whenever I load up Call of Duty 2 or 4, it takes at least 5 minutes to load them up or longer and in the running processes menu, their memory usage builds up very slowely. After it loads up and I exit later on, I can run the same game again, but it loads up isntantly. However, it doesn't do this with any other games. I've reformated over a month ago and its still doing this. The issue actually started over 3 months ago. I've asked Activision as to any system applications or whatever might interfere it, but they took it as a different question and were worthless. Are there any possible fixes? I can't afford a new hard drive at the moment. Thanks!
--------------------------------------------
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM (Two DDR2 PX2-6400 800Mhz 512MB Sticks)
Hard Drive: 249 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 900NF(T)
Sound Card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio [9C00]
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 32-bit (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Motherboard: Dell Dimension E521 DDR2 Motherboard
November 14, 2009 10:07:42 PM

Clean install of windows would probablyt improve things. Though it could also be your HDD slowly dying.

November 15, 2009 12:05:33 AM

Yeah, but if it was the hard drive dying, wouldn't it be doing it in multiple areas? Because when I remember it first happening it happened at the snap of a finger, wasn't ever like it before and it hasn't gotten worse in any way except for the same issue.

I've been talking to a few people and they're thinking a virus might be a problem, but seems weird because it's only targeting that one area, even if I move it's location.

I reformated and got rid of everything over a week ago and nothing changed.
!