Slow Launching CoD Games?

Hey Everyone!

Basically whenever I load up Call of Duty 2 or 4, it takes at least 5 minutes to load them up or longer and in the running processes menu, their memory usage builds up very slowely. After it loads up and I exit later on, I can run the same game again, but it loads up isntantly. However, it doesn't do this with any other games. I've reformated over a month ago and its still doing this. The issue actually started over 3 months ago. I've asked Activision as to any system applications or whatever might interfere it, but they took it as a different question and were worthless. Are there any possible fixes? I can't afford a new hard drive at the moment. Thanks!
--------------------------------------------
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM (Two DDR2 PX2-6400 800Mhz 512MB Sticks)
Hard Drive: 249 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 900NF(T)
Sound Card: Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio [9C00]
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 32-bit (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
Motherboard: Dell Dimension E521 DDR2 Motherboard
3 answers Last reply
More about slow launching games
  1. Clean install of windows would probablyt improve things. Though it could also be your HDD slowly dying.
  2. Yeah, but if it was the hard drive dying, wouldn't it be doing it in multiple areas? Because when I remember it first happening it happened at the snap of a finger, wasn't ever like it before and it hasn't gotten worse in any way except for the same issue.

I've been talking to a few people and they're thinking a virus might be a problem, but seems weird because it's only targeting that one area, even if I move it's location.

I reformated and got rid of everything over a week ago and nothing changed.
  3. > Bumb
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Call of Duty Games Video Games