Icons in quick launch bar

Can anybody tell me how to change the large icons in the quick launch
bar to small icons, I am running windows XP Home edition, I have three
computers (2 running Windows Pro. they have small icons in quick
launch bar) I have managed to change from large to small but when I
reboot it reverts back to large icons again.
Regards Lennie Lyon

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Icons-quick-launch-bar-ftopict401534.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328237
3 answers Last reply
More about icons quick launch

    Not sure what you tried, but try this.
    Go to Start>control panel>display>Appearance tab>Advance>Items>inactive
    title bar, and active title bar. Try making changes from there, but you
    will see that they change not only the taskbar, but others as well.

    "" wrote:
    > Not sure what you tried, but try this.
    > Go to Start>control panel>display>Appearance
    > tab>Advance>Items>inactive
    > title bar, and active title bar. Try making changes from
    > there, but you
    > will see that they change not only the taskbar, but others as
    > well.
    >
    > "Lennie" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > Can anybody tell me how to change the large icons in the
    > quick launch
    > > bar to small icons, I am running windows XP Home edition, I
    > have three
    > > computers (2 running Windows Pro. they have small icons in
    > quick
    > > launch bar) I have managed to change from large to small but
    > when I
    > > reboot it reverts back to large icons again.
    > > Regards Lennie Lyon
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Icons-quick-launch-bar-ftopict401534.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328237

    Hi Ivee, I tried your directions but it still revert back to large
    icons,

    Well, one thing you can try, and sorry for not mentioning this first, but
    try a System Restore. Pick a date prior to the day that the icons changed.
    Also, did you happen to changes your screen resolution?
    It would be helpful if you posted the steps you have taken, that didn't
    work.
    Also, it could be a virus check is needed. You can compare the setting from
    one of the pc's that has the small icons, to the one that has large to see
    what your are missing.

    "Lennie" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > Not sure what you tried, but try this.
    > > Go to Start>control panel>display>Appearance
    > > tab>Advance>Items>inactive
    > > title bar, and active title bar. Try making changes from
    > > there, but you
    > > will see that they change not only the taskbar, but others as
    > > well.
    > >
    > > "Lennie" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > > Can anybody tell me how to change the large icons in the
    > > quick launch
    > > > bar to small icons, I am running windows XP Home edition, I
    > > have three
    > > > computers (2 running Windows Pro. they have small icons in
    > > quick
    > > > launch bar) I have managed to change from large to small but
    > > when I
    > > > reboot it reverts back to large icons again.
    > > > Regards Lennie Lyon
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > > request
    > > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    > > standards
    > > > Topic URL:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-Icons-quick-launch-bar-ftopict401534.html
    > > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > > abuse:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1328237
    >
    > Hi Ivee, I tried your directions but it still revert back to large
    > icons,

Quick Launch Icons Windows XP