Moving Bookmarks from old computer to new computer

I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant to
windwos explorer

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:34:07 -0700, "EdieBob"
<EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
>XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
>floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant to
>windwos explorer

1) Click on "Start" button
2) Hover over "All programs"
3) When "All programs" menu pops up, click on "Accessories"
4) Click (or double-click) on "Windows Explorer"

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

Gordon

"EdieBob" <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to
windows
> XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
> floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant
> windwos explorer

Start-All Programs-Accessories-Windows Explorer.
And it's not a "new equivalent", it's exactly the same as the one in W98!

under XP the bookmarks are stored in documents&settings under your user
name....favorites
drag them to there and they will show up when you open Internet
explorer.........now that you know where it is
peterk

the problem
"EdieBob" <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
> XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
> floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant
> windwos explorer

The OP said he's using Netscape. Does it still use the same Favorites folder? I don't use Netscape, so I'm just asking for clarification.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message news:%23yy68E%23kFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> under XP the bookmarks are stored in documents&settings under your user
> name....favorites
> drag them to there and they will show up when you open Internet
> explorer.........now that you know where it is
> peterk
>
> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about
> the problem
> "EdieBob" <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
>> XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
>> floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant
>> windwos explorer

Malke

Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:

> The OP said he's using Netscape. Does it still use the same Favorites
> folder? I don't use Netscape, so I'm just asking for clarification.

I think Netscape uses Bookmarks. At least Mozilla and Firefox do. In
Mozilla and Firefox, you can Manage Bookmarks and from there Export
them to a file. Then you can Import them. Probably Netscape works
similarly.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers