Moving Bookmarks from old computer to new computer

I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant to
windwos explorer
5 answers Last reply
More about moving bookmarks computer computer

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:34:07 -0700, "EdieBob"
    <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
    >XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
    >floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant to
    >windwos explorer

    1) Click on "Start" button
    2) Hover over "All programs"
    3) When "All programs" menu pops up, click on "Accessories"
    4) Click (or double-click) on "Windows Explorer"

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread.
    If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
    from my email address before sending.

    "EdieBob" <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to
    windows
    > XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
    > floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant
    > windwos explorer

    Start-All Programs-Accessories-Windows Explorer.
    And it's not a "new equivalent", it's exactly the same as the one in W98!

    under XP the bookmarks are stored in documents&settings under your user
    name....favorites
    drag them to there and they will show up when you open Internet
    explorer.........now that you know where it is
    peterk

    the problem
    "EdieBob" <EdieBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to move my bookmarks from my old computer with windows 98 to windows
    > XP. I use Netscape as my brouser. I got the information copied to a
    > floppy, but need help . I have not been able to find the new equivelant
    > windwos explorer

    The OP said he's using Netscape. Does it still use the same Favorites folder? I don't use Netscape, so I'm just asking for clarification.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:

    > The OP said he's using Netscape. Does it still use the same Favorites
    > folder? I don't use Netscape, so I'm just asking for clarification.

    I think Netscape uses Bookmarks. At least Mozilla and Firefox do. In
    Mozilla and Firefox, you can Manage Bookmarks and from there Export
    them to a file. Then you can Import them. Probably Netscape works
    similarly.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Windows 98 Computers Microsoft Windows XP