Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Really need someone to buy my computer.

Last response: in Deals
Share
March 28, 2012 12:06:31 AM

I really need to sell my computer. I have tried many times but it just won't sell.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Mother Board: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Video Card: XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CPU Heat Sink: Cooler Master V6GT
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (1x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Power Supply: Cooler Master 500W ATX12V
HDD: 250GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM
Optical Disc Drive: Lightscribe DVD/MULTI RECORDER R DL / RW DVD+R DL
Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Add ons: 2 x LOGISYS Computer CLK15BL 15" Blue Deluxe Sound Activated Cold Cathode Light Kit
2 x Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set
NZXT CB-LED20-GR Sleeved LED Kit - Green, 2 m

Please either make me an offer on here or on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/140729571286?ssPageName=STRK:ME...
I really need to sell asap so please make offers or buy :) 

More about : buy computer

March 28, 2012 12:11:12 AM

jrwizbang said:
I really need to sell my computer. I have tried many times but it just won't sell.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Mother Board: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Video Card: XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CPU Heat Sink: Cooler Master V6GT
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (1x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Power Supply: Cooler Master 500W ATX12V
HDD: 250GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM
Optical Disc Drive: Lightscribe DVD/MULTI RECORDER R DL / RW DVD+R DL
Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Add ons: 2 x LOGISYS Computer CLK15BL 15" Blue Deluxe Sound Activated Cold Cathode Light Kit
2 x Rosewill RFX-120BL 120mm 2 Ball Bearing Blue LED Case Fan with Fan Controller Set
NZXT CB-LED20-GR Sleeved LED Kit - Green, 2 m

Please either make me an offer on here or on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/140729571286?ssPageName=STRK:ME...
I really need to sell asap so please make offers or buy :) 


I believe your computer price would be more or less 5-600$
March 28, 2012 12:20:20 AM

Would you be interested in buying?
Related resources
March 28, 2012 12:34:48 AM

jrwizbang said:
Would you be interested in buying?


no, I'm only interested in parts :) , sorry. Try craigslist, could be your best bet... Parting out isn't bad either
March 28, 2012 12:37:15 AM

Well I'd be willing to part out. Depends what you're willing to offer for some of the parts.
March 28, 2012 12:44:50 AM

jrwizbang said:
Well I'd be willing to part out. Depends what you're willing to offer for some of the parts.

Well, you said you've tried ebay before, but have you tried doing parts only. Rather than having me buy it, lol I say this too much, you'll really get a better deal on ebay

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Mother Board: ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
Video Card: XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CPU Heat Sink: Cooler Master V6GT
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (1x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Power Supply: Cooler Master 500W ATX12V
HDD: 250GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200RPM

All of those could sell easily.
March 28, 2012 7:38:56 AM

I've seen you trying to sell it before, but never at a good price. I add up all the parts and I'm struggling to get to $400. I can itemize that if you want, but I don't think you want to hear what your computer is really worth.
March 28, 2012 7:35:53 PM

So, brand new:
CPU: $125
CPU Cooler: $50
GPU: $180
Case: $40
Mother Board: $60
Memory: $20
HDD: $35
PSU: $45
Lights/fans/etc: ~$38
Disc Drive: $15
~$570-600
So, I put the buy it now for more than I think I can get, and ask for offers. I'd probably accept an offer of $550 or less because it obviously isn't brand new.
March 28, 2012 11:09:39 PM

Current Worth:
CPU: $90 (New Zosma 960T is periodically $110)
CPU Cooler: $30
GPU: $120 (It's $140 for many new 6870's after rebate)
Case: $30
Mother Board: $55
Memory: $15
HDD: $22
PSU: $0 (Until I learn which Cooler Master line)
Lights/fans/etc: $0 (cases come with enough lights and fans for me)
Disc Drive: $15
TOTAL: $377

I'd part it out and make $350 if I were you or try "Buy it now" for $450 and accept offers of $350. The only major difference between that and a computer my dad built two and a half years ago for $400 is the graphics card & cooler.

So by my count, your computer was worth $400 + Graphics + Cooler 2.5 years ago, or "not a lot" today. If you paid more than that, sorry. But you can't expect somebody else to pay a lot for used parts when $500 today buys a slightly better brand new system (see $650 System Builder Marathon).
April 3, 2012 2:51:23 PM

Well we've told you several times (starting back in February when you had it listed for sale at $960 and needed a PSU - When told it was more a $500 - $600 system and you got no offers you lowered it to $820 (Still way too HIgh) and in that post you mention MOBO problems as well !! - So now it still sits unsold and you've come down to asking $550 which is a bit closer to what you could have gotten back in February but now almost 3 more months have past and the parts have aged even more and it is doubtful you'll get that -- At this point getting $400 - $450 is more likely but even that is gonna be a stretch since newer parts are out there to build a slightly better system for the same $ ( I notice you had one offer that you declined still so you've probably already missed the chance to get a sale if it was in the ballpark !)-- Things change quickly in the PC industry and those that try to resell for what they paid for things usually wait too long trying to get top $ and wind up frustrated and having a closet full of outdated parts they'll never use.
April 3, 2012 3:32:25 PM

my computer is worth over $850 new and im selling it for 550 on craigslist... you just cant get back but like 60-70% on a used homebuild computer.
April 3, 2012 4:21:49 PM

nagol you are doing the same thing offering us one pc like his for $750...
April 3, 2012 9:08:30 PM

JDFan said:
Well we've told you several times (starting back in February when you had it listed for sale at $960 and needed a PSU - When told it was more a $500 - $600 system and you got no offers you lowered it to $820 (Still way too HIgh) and in that post you mention MOBO problems as well !! - So now it still sits unsold and you've come down to asking $550 which is a bit closer to what you could have gotten back in February but now almost 3 more months have past and the parts have aged even more and it is doubtful you'll get that -- At this point getting $400 - $450 is more likely but even that is gonna be a stretch since newer parts are out there to build a slightly better system for the same $ ( I notice you had one offer that you declined still so you've probably already missed the chance to get a sale if it was in the ballpark !)-- Things change quickly in the PC industry and those that try to resell for what they paid for things usually wait too long trying to get top $ and wind up frustrated and having a closet full of outdated parts they'll never use.


Yes I got an offer on ebay. It was for $300. I made a counter offer of something around $440 I believe and they declined it. At this point if someone were to offer $about $425 I would accept it. The only reason that I'm trying to get as much out of it as I can is that I'm high school student, too young to get a job/drivers license, and have no other money. So really I'm just trying to get as much dough as possible, but realizing that I will not get much, will be willing to accept some offers.
April 4, 2012 5:08:42 PM

oh before that you were selling it for $750
April 4, 2012 5:20:19 PM

and now your gonna bust my balls at $550?
April 6, 2012 7:46:25 AM

@OP--Just keep it. It's a decent computer for the next two years or so, but you'll never get much money for it. Either that, or part it out.
April 6, 2012 10:50:31 PM

Nah I'm just gonna sell it for what I can. Gonna get a job soon so I can get everything that I need. So that's that. What I get I get....
!